AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-03-30, 11:05   Link #21
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Now this is making me wonder what I'm even going to get now... if I see mines is actually Bootleg, I wouldn't mind suing Play-Asia for it for buying something thats really bootleg for the same price. *is getting abit not-cool about this* But I really hope for what has been officially shown, not these new images. D: Now it's just wait and see what happens for me.

Lithium is quite right; Play-Asia raises the price for everything, it ain't as cheap as many people say. I've paid in total $204.40 with the shipping on the Metallic. I checked again from what lithium said and the shipping costs alot more than it did when I pre-ordered it. But oh well, Play-Asia suits me best and always shopped there for 2 years already.

Last edited by Aka; 2007-03-30 at 11:15.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:19   Link #22
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Lithium is quite right; Play-Asia raises the price for everything, it ain't as cheap as many people say. I've paid in total $204.40 with the shipping on the Metallic. I checked again from what lithium said and the shipping costs alot more than it did when I pre-ordered it. But oh well, Play-Asia suits me best and always shopped there for 2 years already.
yeah.. I mean they are usually super realiable and have great customer service, but yeah, when they have a product they know for a fact will sell out in minutes they're gunna jack up the price and milk it for all its worth.

When abouts did you pre-order your Silver? because it'd be way less likely if you got it in the first pre-order batch than the second or third. Even so.. we still aren't 100% sure that they did sell bootlegged copies.
lithium9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:27   Link #23
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium9mm View Post
yeah.. I mean they are usually super realiable and have great customer service, but yeah, when they have a product they know for a fact will sell out in minutes they're gunna jack up the price and milk it for all its worth.

When abouts did you pre-order your Silver? because it'd be way less likely if you got it in the first pre-order batch than the second or third. Even so.. we still aren't 100% sure that they did sell bootlegged copies.
I pre-ordered mines yesterday (EST)Eastern Timezone noon when Kayos PM'ed me about it. *thank god I set 'send me email when i receive pms' lol...* I know we aren't, but I just hope so it ain't true at all. I did happen to have one problem with Play-Asia before when I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts II(Japanese) they didn't ship mines when I pre-ordered it 2 months before it was released till like 2 weeks later D: But the customer services was all well to me, I got it 3 days after calling them, got all hyped in a way I guess. Still love Play-Asia to this very day, I also bought Princess Crown+Disgaea PSP along with Metallic, should be all three in one.
Old 2007-03-30, 11:33   Link #24
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

I usually use http://www.ncsx.com, http://www.yesasia.com (free shipping for stuff over like $30) and of course play-asia .. love em all. Usually they all have diversity in price and selection so say I'm looking for a cool PSP Case. yesasia has a great selection of fancy ones with free shipping. ^^
Old 2007-03-30, 12:04   Link #25
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

yeah I just noticed that.. guess its up to me to bring Canada some glory
Old 2007-03-30, 17:16   Link #26
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

I was just looking deeper into that bootleg thing and now I'm really confused. Apparently a korean site called Ruliweb.com has a gamespace for DJ Max Portable 2 and they're showing the alternative psp cover... so.. I dunno.. maybe that other cover was right, however does that mean that play-asia posted incorrect screens? oh god my brain!

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/ruline....htm?num=15365
Old 2007-03-30, 17:33   Link #27
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

soooooo..... the gold version wasnt a fake? cause it looks that in that story you posted they're saying its legit. But yeah.. the only difference between ours and the jap limited edition is the fact that they get english manuals english covers and a poster.

and yeah.. I guess pentavision is trying to get as much profit outta this as humanly possible, but with good reason since this game has been delayed a bunch of times and it seems they worked extra hard to please the fans of the first so yay!
Old 2007-03-30, 19:22   Link #28
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
So the one I thought was bootlegged on play asia was actually the japanese version, cause if you look real closely at the image where I said "cheap soft cover" underneath the black book there seems to be a foldout poster.

I still have no clue about the gold version though can't trust everything you see or hear. That site probably don't know it was a hoax.
Make it simple here's the image with the poster under the book.
Theres one thing that still questions me on if that is in fact the Japanese Version(The Game) and that is.... "Thats not the rating symbol that japan uses on video games." They use "CERO"... never seen that one before. That is the Korean Rating symbol.

It may be possible that... http://image4.play-asia.com/640/4r/pa.85894.8.jpg This Cover was not the real thing? I've checked other Korean games and it's not similar to this one.

Edit: checkie done done...!

Yep, ok let me make this clear.

Is not the real cover box. The new one we see right now is the real one.

This is our real baby here.

As for the "new" images on the limited Editions... I honestly have no idea why it looks different from the other... and I hope it isn't bootlegged at all. It could be though the 'fake' one I mentioned will be the ones I get, since some Korean games have the same rating symbol, but some don't? >>; I don't get that at all.

Take a look at these two Korean games:
http://image4.play-asia.com/350/4t/pa.86812.1.jpg
http://image4.play-asia.com/350/50/pa.90255.1.jpg

It could be possible that Korea changed their rating symbol? Killzone Liberation is quite new over there while the other is older. I've send a Q&A to Play-Asia, I'll wait and see if they can confirm anything about the new images.

Last edited by Aka; 2007-03-30 at 19:45.
Old 2007-03-30, 20:21   Link #29
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

wow.. thanks Aka.. thats very informative and thats a great idea emailing play-asia to see whats up.. honestly I love the 2nd cover better but thats my opinion. Mine apparently ships in 4 business days since its fedex so I guess I'll find out then ^^
Old 2007-03-30, 21:07   Link #30
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

The gold version is fake... Pentavision put this notice up after people found out about it and asked them.

And the first cover you see of DMJP2 is used on Korean retail sites such as GameCon.

http://www.gamecon.co.kr/shop/shopde...ch=&sort=order

The description talks about first press editions that come with 10 random art cards from the LE.

I'm not sure about the second image but it was posted on Ruliweb while they were talking about a commemoration event held today. Maybe it's really just a poster they used at the event?
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 22:10   Link #31
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

I'm thinking that one of them is part of the limited editions and the other is just the regular one.

when it really boils down to it as long as the game works and has great songs.. aces in my books

however, hopefully the reply from play-asia to Aka will solve this debate lol.. too bad they're closed until monday tho :P
Old 2007-03-31, 04:26   Link #32
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
I'm thinking that one of them is part of the limited editions and the other is just the regular one.

when it really boils down to it as long as the game works and has great songs.. aces in my books

however, hopefully the reply from play-asia to Aka will solve this debate lol.. too bad they're closed until monday tho :P
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

The point here though is to try and find out if there is another bootleg version floating around or not with a different cover XD

Guess I'll be seeing you guys on the ranking list too then!
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 20:33   Link #33
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
DJM official site is back up and you could see the product images and it's of the original ones, and no images of the second one. All of the original images posted on play asia as well not of the new packaging images.
well... I'd then assume that maybe the other ones were in fact fake.. or maybe older images of what it could look like? ARGH! damn me not being able to read korean ;_;
Old 2007-03-31, 22:37   Link #34
Lebron
I hear voices

Demo wouldn't run on my custom firmware, so I had to try it out on a friends.

Anyway, game kicked my ass, I was sad, placed it down, and sadly walked away :/

I'm sure it's great when you get the hang of it, but sweet biscuits, that demo was hard for me. I know a few people around the dorm that will be buying this, so I'll play theirs and try to get the hang of it.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 22:56   Link #35
Lebron
I hear voices

Don't they have like an Online version, believe I saw that one site?

Also, I have 3.03 OE-C. Couldn't get it to work, don't know if it just won't work or I did something wrong. Anyway, too lazy to play around with it to find out and I can simply just use my friends since he barely touches his.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:53   Link #36
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Don't they have like an Online version, believe I saw that one site?

Also, I have 3.03 OE-C. Couldn't get it to work, don't know if it just won't work or I did something wrong. Anyway, too lazy to play around with it to find out and I can simply just use my friends since he barely touches his.
The PC version is actually what got me hooked into this game in the first place.. it pretty much includes more than half of the songs in DJ Max Portable 1 and its great fun since its all online (apparently considered an MMO) 100% free I actually posted about it on an earlier post:

Quote:
also for those of you that havent tried playing the first and wanna test it out, there is an MMO game for PC which is all in korean, however its REALLY easy to figure out and includes most of the songs from DJ Max Portable 1.

Site to download and register: http://game.netmarble.jp/cpsite/djmax/
DJ Max community for PC version & Registering Guide: http://djmaxint.net.ms/

EDIT: as far as the 3.03 OE-C firmware working with DJMP2.. I have a hunch that it might not work since the demo itself required 3.11 just and observation.. not sure if its true
Old 2007-04-01, 01:31   Link #37
Lebron
I hear voices

Do you have to live in Korea in order to play the Online game? Or do they also have an international version?
Old 2007-04-01, 02:03   Link #38
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, that is right :P

But what I meant was is the registration process hard? I know a good number of Korean MMOs I could play, even though I live in US, but the registration process is a freaking pain. I don't want to bother if that's the case.

Edit: Never mind found my answer. Doesn't seem to be that hard, guess I'll give it a go.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-01 at 02:14.
Old 2007-04-01, 10:16   Link #39
lithium9mm
jelly beans are magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Yeah, that is right :P

But what I meant was is the registration process hard? I know a good number of Korean MMOs I could play, even though I live in US, but the registration process is a freaking pain. I don't want to bother if that's the case.

Edit: Never mind found my answer. Doesn't seem to be that hard, guess I'll give it a go.
yeahs its really easy.. it dosen't require a KSSN (which lots do) and so fourth.. hope you enjoy it.. keep in mind in order to play the songs you have to download each one of them in the game but it dosen't take very long to download a song and you can download like 10 at a time and play the game while they're downloading so.. no big deal ^^
Old 2007-04-01, 12:02   Link #40
tskiller

Is anyone else having ALOT of trouble getting high accuracy on DJMP2?

I was pretty decent on 1, in 6 button mode i could get upwards of 90-95% on many songs, but now im really struggling to get into the 80%. Am i being retarded or did they bump up the difficulty on the accuracy?
tskiller is offline   Reply With Quote