Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 18:27   Link #21
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
It seems pretty good so far, but it's too episodic. I hope they have an underlying plot or something, but it doesn't seem like they are going to have one.
I saw the first episode. Yes, I think it need a plot too or some kind of character development. Everything went too smooth, it doesn't have the thrill of a spy series, it's more like a one man army. Sorry, cannot seem to find a better description. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:24   Link #22
Ialdaboth

Just seen episode 5 (this morning). I loved the Space Adventure Cobra reference

Good episode, maybe a little less good than the previous ones. I still love the series though.
Old 2006-11-24, 09:51   Link #23
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Just to let you know. We've just released ep 1. Doing this as a bit of a side project.
Old 2006-11-24, 11:33   Link #24
Ialdaboth

Good job !

Just watched ep 8 this morning, and at long last we have the episode explaining Mylene's sad past since childhood and how she became a secret agent. The end where she meet again the man who helped her when she was younger was quite heart-aching, as usual with this series...

Ishinomori's 009ノ1 original manga got a new release this month in Japan as two, 600-pages thick volumes :
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4048540548
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4048540556

(alas, out of stock for the time being)

Edit : and according to the officiel website, a new manga wil be published in COMICリュウ starting in the January issue.

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2006-11-24 at 13:28.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 02:08   Link #25
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Just saw Yoroshiku's episode 1. I got "Cate Archer / No One Lives Forever" vibes from this anime, with the clothes, ultra cool gadgets and spy-themed music. It didn't surprise me that the music was from the same guy who did the themes of Read or Die.

So there are at least 13 of these "009" lady cyborg-spies, huh? I hope we get to see all of them and they get to develop each of their personalities.

And oh, damn that LUCKY MONKEY!!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:28   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
watched the first episode it really didnt jump out at me that much and keeping my attention i like spy and espisonge stuff very much i just hope its better
Old 2006-12-02, 20:40   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

First impressions on 009-1 - 01

Spoiler:
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 08:31   Link #28
Ialdaboth

Quote:
The coffee-cup scene was quite cathartic; it evoked, at least in me, some sort of a pensive melancholy that Mylene was feeling after seeing herself reflected in the coffee. Something has been lost in her forever; and by that, I don’t mean her real breasts, but a sense of humanity. They’ve been dehumanized slowly and made more and more machinated; if that was done to me, I’d be pretty sad, too.
Congrats ! Funny, every other reviews of episode 1 I read got mistaken by the action eye-candy and failed to understand the signification of this scene, which is the point of the whole series : the dehumanization of a young woman caught in a pitiless world, transformed into a weapon, the mechanization of her soul after the mechanization of her body.
If episode 2 get a release one day, you will see that this message is much more clear in subsequent episodes.
Old 2006-12-03, 09:15   Link #29
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You can comment at my site, if you like ...

It's sad, really.
Old 2006-12-14, 11:27   Link #30
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I've yet to sit down and watch this. Too bad not many folks are subbing this. From what I'm seeing is one group so far. I DL'd ep. 1 and took a brief look at the first 5 minutes. Looks good. I'll probably look at it a little further tonight.

I've never been a huge fan of the 'Cyborg 009' series but I've always been curious to check out some of the "old school" creators work. After reading about this in this month's 'Newtype USA' I decided I'd give it a go. After all I like shows of the "femme fatale" nature. Good or bad. I like testing the waters to see what I might like.

So she's got breast guns? I figured that was the case from what I caught in the OP and in the first few minutes of that ep. Reminds me the whole "femmbot" deal in 'Austin Powers'. Hahaha! I often wonder where that ideal came from anyway? I pretty much remember the whole robotic woman deal from shows like 'Bionic Woman' and possibly 'Wonder Woman'. But hell, this stuff coming from guys like, 'Ishinomori' and 'Go Nagai' you got to give them laughs and credit for being so "imaginative".

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:54   Link #31
chrno

Ok, I finally sat down and watched this episode. I can sum it up in one word

"BOOBS".

Where else would you put a monkey? I have to admit it is entertaining to say the very least. Can't wait to see more.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-12-18 at 21:05.
Old 2006-12-18, 17:25   Link #32
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Just a few editor queries before I remux episode 02 release. Hopefully have it out today or tomorrow.
Old 2006-12-18, 17:38   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That is great to hear Grv! After watching the first episode subbed, I tried the second episode RAW and quickly gave up because it has a fair amount of dialogue that I'd difficulties understanding. I'm also a fan of series that are episodic in nature, so have been patiently waiting for a sub.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 18:42   Link #34
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Only ... 10 more episodes to go ...

Or was it 11?
Old 2006-12-19, 12:59   Link #35
chrno

I can't wait!! I want to see MORE!!!

Old 2006-12-20, 12:37   Link #36
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Bwahaha! ADV licensed it!

Source: Anime Nation

Quote:
The January 2007 issue of Anime Insider Magazine (issue 40) reports that AD Vision has licensed distribution rights to the current 009-1 anime television series and will begin releasing the series in America in March 2007.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:52   Link #37
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

ADV Licence = Yoroshiku dropped. Sorry guys
Old 2006-12-20, 14:27   Link #38
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
*Hears/reads licensing news*

AAAW SH*T!!

Ah well, that's how these things go... but looking back at the airdates of this anime, if someone (not dissin' Yoroshiku or anythin') had fansubbed this anime "on schedule" (i.e. followed the weekly "airing-to-fansub routine"), then we might have "beaten" the licensing announcement and perhaps squeaked all 12 episodes in.

Well, let's hope someone still continues fansubbing this. It's a short series anyway.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 16:23   Link #39
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I guess ... it's time to delete those fansubs of mine ...
Old 2006-12-20, 18:33   Link #40
Ialdaboth

YES ! But totally unexpected as most people didn't even seem to care about this series. I wonder if ADV's DVD will even sell.

Well, at last I have nothing to delete as I watched exclusively the raws. Final episode coming soon ! ^^