Best... Movie... Ever! 4 8.00%
Almost perfect 4 8.00%
Well, it's ok 25 50.00%
Not good 8 16.00%
Superman is ghey 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-07-10, 18:13   Link #21
Ending

C'mon, it's a Hollywood movie! You can't expect them to remember all those things... A bit of hack'n'slash, tit and butt, and maybe some shine too if the movie has a really big budget. And people buy.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 17:49   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I finally saw the movie the other day and it was OK(Definatley no where close to spectacular or phenomonal)...I don't really know how to deal with Supes accepting his kid with another family and Lois lying to him, but whatever...It had some great special effects moments and I have no doubt the next movie will improve upon this movie...I mean it's not in the same ballpark as the Spiderman movies, but I'm gonna use a little perspective and accept some of the flaws because this is just the first of a trilogy of movies...Now if the next movie was on the same level as this one then I'd be extremely dissapointed...I don't like the fact that Superman is reduced into a stalker though..Just felt kinda weird...

First off I expected a movie like this to have more funny or comical moments to engage the audience..Other than a couple scenes by Lex and Parker Posey the movie wasn't really very funny...It all seemed too serious especially
"The Passion of the Supes" scene where he was beaten mercilessly as if he was the Messiah...I mean the only time I really laffed hard was when the kid called Lex bald...

Secondly I thought Kevin Spacy would be a little better as Lex Luthor...I really had high expectations..Many say he changed the character, but it seemed to me he just continued Gene Hackman's character and wasn't even as funny as him...He got a little wicked in the end when he stabbed Supes but his and Superman's dynamic in this movie was almost non-existent...I mean if you are gonna have a movie with Superman and Lex they need to interact more than 5 mins of the movie...Spacy played Lex a bit inconsistent for my taste...

Finally Clark was almost invisible in this movie...I don't think the audience really connected with him as we see Superman 90% of the movie and Clark 10%...He and Lois had no dynamic whatsoever other than cheeze moments...Jimmy and Perry also seemed to have a very weak dynamic with Clark aswell...I mean I have accepted Brandon Routh for better for worse, but you have to admit they scaled him back alot in this movie...I mean I'd be shocked if he said more than 100 words in the first 1hr and a half of the movie...All his sentences were short, quick and consice...He didn't really talk much until his interveiw with Lois...I expect in the next movie they will give him more leeway, but I was dissapointed that Clark was almost a no-count in this entire movie...

KB as Lois was OK(Not great though)...She seemed a bit too young and didn't really have that bulldawg attitude I'm accustom to, but she didn't turn me off that bad..I actually thought the guy who played her husband was great..I thought for sure he would die in this movie to make room for Supes....The only gripes that remained for me after the moive was that I still don't like the suit, it just lacks color and I like to see that yellow logo on the cape..I hope they modify the suit for the next movie as it seemed Superman was the only character in this movie stuck in the 1930's...What was Brian Singer thinking changing the suit so drastically?? It just looks bad, and the next movie has to have some vibrant color..Superman can't pull off the dark monotone feel like Batman or somebody...Singer was just off his rocker in the feel of this movie...ADD COLOR! (and I mean the suit too)

I know it might be hard to believe I like the movie despite these flaws but I did..I'm just an analytical person...I'm also a writer so some things disturb me in a writing sense...But I did enjoy the Plane Scene alot and love some of Bryan Singers cinematography techniques in the moive like when the baseball player hits a fly ball into the air and we see the plane about to crash....He did alot of very creative cinema scenes which were outstanding...Overall it was an OK movie, but it did leave alot to be desired which I hope a second movie will bring(I mean they rejected script after script for 15 years and this is the one they thought was the best?? )...

My suggestion for the second movie would be for them to have a villain that can actually whip Supes a$$ a bit to give us a sence of peril...Also lets see some more super-speed...We didn't see any actual super-running by Supes..Don't tell me Tom Welling(Smallville's Clark) has the patent on that XD....If you haven't seen it yet I'd say the DVD will be out soon enuff...The movie is not worth making a big deal over unfortunatley...The Box Office results agree with me as Supes return has dropped more than 40% from it's first week..and is struggling to hit the 200 million mark (Remember the movie costed almost 300 million with pre-production over 10 years and it is rumored Warner Bros doesn't want to make a sequal if it doesn't get 200 million domestic) It's currently at about 163$ million...Not good news at all for sequal wanters...
Old 2006-07-20, 13:33   Link #23
CLAMPshinobi

Send a message via AIM to CLAMPshinobi Send a message via Yahoo to CLAMPshinobi
That was frickin ghey! I HATED IT! It was so stupid hey picked up that fucking big ass stone and i just got up and walked out of the movie because it was ridiculus. when i saw it was lifting up i told my friend if Superman is under that i am leaving! And i left so i didn't see the end and never will!
CLAMPshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 14:06   Link #24
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
It was awesome. I loved it.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 14:56   Link #25
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I find it funny I typed in a search w/ the exact title and didn't come up w/ anything...(tear drop)

Quote:
How come Lex Luthor knew the exact location of the Fortress of Solitude?, How come he had knowledge about operating the crystals to access the computer's main frame that displays the image of Jor-El?, and how come he doesn't reply when his bitch inquires him if he has already been there before?
I believe he went there once before in Superman 2 if I'm not mistaken

Good movie, only a few things bugged me

1) Too many night scenes
2) In the airplane crash scene, Lois was getting ragdolled all over the place and came out virtually unscathed, but later is hit by a steel door and gets knocked out -_-
3) Too much story and not enough action, but at the same time I can understand that since this is Supermans' return

CLAMPshinobi - why was it stupid that he picked up that island, cause there was Kryptonite in it? that's hardly a reason if it is, since there have been times where he was able to overcome it's effects, though be worned out right after he's done, like it portrayed in the movie. Mind over matter as they say and overcome your weakness and he did that temporarily.

Quote:
Another inconsistency is the case of the kryptonite land mass. The first time he landed on the thing, he could barely stand. Then he attempted to CARRY the ENTIRE THING with KRYPTONITE SONES RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and actually attempted to throw it into outer space. WTF?! Keep in mind that he still has a piece of Kryptonite shard in his body at the time.
I would say the inconsistency was that he didn't notice the effects of the Kryptonite despite the landmass being infused w/ it, since he walked up to Luthor and stood there fine till Luthor punched the hell out of him. With Supes throwing the island into outer space, they pulled a Captain Planet/Birdman w/ flying up to the sun and getting a full recharge and using all his strength before he became exausted.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2006-07-20 at 15:14.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 06:51   Link #26
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I shall revive this thread now instead of making a new one So please don't flame me for doing this

*Wikipedia

From wikipedia.....
Quote:
The Man of Steel

On February 24, 2010, it was announced that David S. Goyer was writing the script for a Superman film called The Man of Steel. The approach for the movie has been described by an inside source as "modern…believable…fun!" and the film will not involve Brandon Routh, Nicolas Cage, Mark Millar, or Bryan Singer.[96] The only information about the story so far comes from the same inside source: “I can tell you that Goyer’s story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology.”[96]

In addition, it has been reported that Warner Bros. has now placed Christopher Nolan as the "godfather" of the Superman movie franchise.[97] Deadline reported that due to his success with the revival of the Batman film franchise he was placed in charge of the project, however, Nolan is unlikely to direct himself.[97] Sources also state that Goyer will be writing the film with The Dark Knight co-writer Jonathan Nolan.[98] In February 2010, Christopher Campbell of Cinematical commented that "all the geeks are celebrating Christopher Nolan's reported involvement with" the new film.[99]

On March 10, 2010, Christopher Nolan himself confirmed that he and Goyer have been working on an idea for a Superman film. Nolan says, "He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman.' I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma [Thomas] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way… A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do."[100]. The villain of the new film is rumored to be General Zod.[101]

On October 4, 2010, it was reported that Zack Snyder had been chosen to be the director of The Man of Steel [102] out of a list of candidates that included Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman, Duncan Jones, and Darren Aronofsky.[103][104]

According to IESB, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have their sights set to release The Man of Steel during the 2012 Christmas film season.[105]

It has been announced that Zack Snyder is to direct the upcoming film with General Zod being the main villain.
So whats your opinion on this? I am sad because from this Brandon Routh won't play Superman in this movie.

This is also a little stupid because in 2006 they planed to do a sequel of Superman Returns with Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth as main actors.
Spoiler for from wikipedia:

Btv have anyone watched the full cut/version of Superman Returns which last for over two hours. I watched it today and there are many scenes added. So in my opinion it was very good
Old 2010-10-05, 22:43   Link #27
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Cool a new Superman movie about time they did I just hope they dont make it 3D
Old 2010-10-05, 23:46   Link #28
Alex Keller
Infornographer

Send a message via AIM to Alex Keller
I actually found this movie enjoyable, despite how terrible Superman is.
Alex Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:58   Link #29
SupaaFreek

Yuckkk....
SupaaFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 04:59   Link #30
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well, it's ok....

Good story, no "REAL" villain fight, he rescues most of the time and it's a sequel not a reboot of the series. Lex Luthor is still a bit comedic here along with the years passing. Though I must say the effects are very good here.

Iam waiting for a Justice League movie or a Superman/Batman Xover movie.