AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-05-22, 02:42   Link #21
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishangelle
I manage to get a hold of the volumes up to 8 but alas, my japanese reading skills allow to me understand only a sentence here and there..

Spoiler warning just in case..

For volume 5
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Volume 8
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer!
Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 13:24   Link #22
allsmiles

Is the chinese version from taiwan? may i know whats the title of the manga in chinese?
allsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 02:39   Link #23
Erawyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsmiles
Is the chinese version from taiwan? may i know whats the title of the manga in chinese?
Yes, 東立 is the publisher, it's called 櫻蘭高校男公關部 and is currently up to volume 8 i believe
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 02:50   Link #24
Enola
the blur one

Can anyone tell me where to buy english version of the manga?
Enola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 03:46   Link #25
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola
Can anyone tell me where to buy english version of the manga?
You can buy at JustManga.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 07:31   Link #26
Enola
the blur one

oppps

my bad forgot to mention i am in Singapore. I recently stumbled upon it at comics connection but they only have until 6. anyone knows if anywhere else in sg have 7 or 8? and how often do they release the manga? one month? two months?
Old 2006-05-29, 07:55   Link #27
jpwong

I think they've only released up to Vol 6 in english. Normally manga vols come out in english every 2-3 months. But as you close in on the number of volumes released in Japan some companies stay 1 vol behind the japanese release.

Looks like Viz has been putting out vols every 2 months, so if they release vol 7 on the same schedual, it would be due out July 4, 2006
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 23:40   Link #28
Enola
the blur one

thank u v muchie =)
Old 2006-05-30, 22:46   Link #29
eric-jon waugh

Actually, it's kind of both. It's a lighthearted attempt to poke fun at the Shojo genre from within, while simultaneously going through the same motions. It's more postmodern than it is satirical.

And actually, that element has become sort of downplayed as the series has drawn on. You can see how, as the series became a success, and Bisco Hattori felt compelled to fill in all of these archetypes that she initially just threw out there as commentary, she began taking her little universe more seriously. It ceased being so much of a mockery.

What makes it still work, I think, is the heart behind it. Though at the start Hattori was just screwing around, you can see how quickly she began to care about the characters. And though she gives them all the cliche drama you expect from a shojo series, she always manages to give it a little twist. Only occasionally does it fall flat as a wink and nudge -- "see what I'm doing here? I'm pointing out the obvious!" -- and nothing to back it up.

It's a lot smarter than it should be, and it cares more than it has to. It's a pretty good balance, I think.
eric-jon waugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 06:39   Link #30
Yashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
I think they've only released up to Vol 6 in english. Normally manga vols come out in english every 2-3 months. But as you close in on the number of volumes released in Japan some companies stay 1 vol behind the japanese release.

Looks like Viz has been putting out vols every 2 months, so if they release vol 7 on the same schedual, it would be due out July 4, 2006
Actually, Volume 7 is due out some time in September.
Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 14:12   Link #31
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashiro
Figured it was a possibility since they're comming up close to where japan is (I have 7 or so manga series that went from bi-monthly release to it looks like annual release just cause they're within 2 vols of the japanese releases), but I didn't have time to go see if Viz has a monthly announcement page like Tokyopop does.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 22:26   Link #32
Enola
the blur one

Ouran Vol 7 out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashiro
Hihi I just bought it from comics connection. Vol 7 english version.. its been out for 2 weeks actually. Go grab!~ hehehee
Old 2006-06-24, 01:50   Link #33
mokenju

Unhappy Ummm...

I'm feeling a bit uneasy with the development of the manga...
I've just read last chapter (chapter 40 of the future volume 9) and sadly realize:
Spoiler:
mokenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 12:40   Link #34
bubu
Glittering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokenju
I'm feeling a bit uneasy with the development of the manga...
I've just read last chapter (chapter 40 of the future volume 9) and sadly realize:
Spoiler:
I think it's all down to the popularity of the manga. Obviously, they intend it to run for a long, long time and any romantic resolution will be far in the future. So everybody's got to stumble around like dummies in the meantime.

Yeah, it will be very interesting to see how BONES handles the ending of the anime. It seems the show is doing very well in Japan. Dare we hope for a second series?
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 12:42   Link #35
Brandon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^_Usagi_^
the messed up haruhi looks disturbingly like harry poter ~_~ it scares me
HARuhi - HARry -_-

Indeed. It is very disturbing. o.O
Brandon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 00:07   Link #36
Dreaming Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola
Hihi I just bought it from comics connection. Vol 7 english version.. its been out for 2 weeks actually. Go grab!~ hehehee
Does anyone know anywhere a sad Canadian girl could get it without waiting too too long?
Dreaming Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 03:35   Link #37
hiyono_s2
<3 narumi ayumu

um...for those who have finished reading the manga, who does haruhi end up with? i have a slight suspicion that she'll be with tamaki..buts its hard to tell seeeing that shes rather blind to the fact that most of the guys int he host club like her. LOL kyouya x haruhi!!!! i hope....x)
hiyono_s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 10:37   Link #38
kei25

the manga is still being serialized monthly (may be)。 up to ep 42, at least.
kei25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:29   Link #39
wickedseahorse

does anyone know where i can find updates on the subs for the new episodes [19/20 and on.. though i know that there arent any beyond 20...yet..]??? thanks!
wickedseahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 04:51   Link #40
kari-no-sugata

I picked up vol9 of the tankubons yesterday. (Japanese of course - just came out AFAIK).

Heheh, Takami's self-delusions really take a beating in this volume. It's similar to what happens in ep23.... only worse.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote