AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 20:46   Link #21
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

My guess is, they'll follow Fate's story in the end, but incorporate changes so it'll have events from the final battles of UBW and HF as well.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-02, 04:48   Link #22
coba

O well, I don't really mind which story that they are going to follow as long as it is good
Spoiler:
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 07:33   Link #23
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by coba
O well, I don't really mind which story that they are going to follow as long as it is good
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 09:41   Link #24
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 11:47   Link #25
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coba
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That what makes Fate such an awesome story. There is meaningful pathos and people actually live by consequences.
Old 2006-02-02, 12:31   Link #26
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Spoiler:

That what makes Fate such an awesome story. There is meaningful pathos and people actually live by consequences.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-02, 22:52   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Rewatching back Episode 3, I kinda noticed one strange thing. In the game, Archer was slashed on his chest, causing him to be injured. That's one of the factors leading to the Fate scenario, rather than UBW. However, the anime seemed to potray that only Archer's weapons got destroyed, and Archer didn't really looked injured. It kinda looked like Rin used her mantra to save Archer before he even got injured, rather than saving him from the final blow.

What's your take on this?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 00:07   Link #28
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Rewatching back Episode 3, I kinda noticed one strange thing. In the game, Archer was slashed on his chest, causing him to be injured. That's one of the factors leading to the Fate scenario, rather than UBW. However, the anime seemed to potray that only Archer's weapons got destroyed, and Archer didn't really looked injured. It kinda looked like Rin used her mantra to save Archer before he even got injured, rather than saving him from the final blow.

What's your take on this?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=60
Read the spoiler part.

My take on this is just like Village Idiot said: they're going to have events from all three scenarios in one anime. The fact that Archer wasn't shown to be injured means that there's a good chance he'll show up later and do his things from UBW.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 00:23   Link #29
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=60
Read the spoiler part.

My take on this is just like Village Idiot said: they're going to have events from all three scenarios in one anime. The fact that Archer wasn't shown to be injured means that there's a good chance he'll show up later and do his things from UBW.
Hm...I missed that. All the more reason to hate ear and staph infections.

I have a small theory on how they could manage Archer's situation while merging it with Fate, UBW and a small part of HF, but I'll still need to actually see who's the real BADDIE in the anime. They seem to be seriously hinting Caster....but you never know.
Old 2006-02-03, 00:35   Link #30
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Hm...I missed that. All the more reason to hate ear and staph infections.

I have a small theory on how they could manage Archer's situation while merging it with Fate, UBW and a small part of HF, but I'll still need to actually see who's the real BADDIE in the anime. They seem to be seriously hinting Caster....but you never know.
About how they'll handle Archer's story...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-03, 01:05   Link #31
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot

Spoiler:
Hmm.....

Spoiler:

Of course, my idea has a lot of loop holes. I need more anime definitive follow-throughs to solidify it.
Old 2006-02-03, 01:20   Link #32
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Hmm.....

Spoiler:

Of course, my idea has a lot of loop holes. I need more anime definitive follow-throughs to solidify it.
Erm, way too much loopholes and Rider did not get into your scenario at all. Just noticing things.
Old 2006-02-04, 20:08   Link #33
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
moved from the anime discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Yes, but the Rider scene's in the preview for episode 06 were much more interesting - i can't see it happening, but i hope they don't mess up her up, after all there's a lot of hype around her.
Like stated elsewhere, if they go down either two of the three routes she won't figure much.
Spoiler:

Don't know how that would work though.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 03:31   Link #34
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Just a random comment...

The manga was the epitome of confusion...Didn't really talk much about the Grail War, and the stories were more of side stories than anything. In the first volume so far, that is....
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 07:24   Link #35
anim4niac

it doesnt seem theres going to be a second volume for the manga. the 1st volume was released like WHEN??? forever ago cos i cant remember.
Old 2006-09-19, 12:54   Link #36
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot

Spoiler:
Archer never lost his memory at all---his reality marble keeps all memories, even from past wars. That's why he turned mad in UBW and want to kill Shirou.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 09:03   Link #37
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

I read somewhere (fuyuki wiki?) that the whole idea of "Archer gaining experience" after becoming a counter guardian is wrong.

He has the "records" of all his summonings, but all heroic spirits do. Of course, being a counter guardian, those records are rather grim. That explains his attitude. Or maybe he was already like that before dying.

Quote:
Just a random comment...

The manga was the epitome of confusion...Didn't really talk much about the Grail War, and the stories were more of side stories than anything. In the first volume so far, that is....
You must have read some doujinshi. Actually, the official fate manga explains the story in a very straightforward way compared to the anime and the game.

Quote:
it doesnt seem theres going to be a second volume for the manga. the 1st volume was released like WHEN??? forever ago cos i cant remember.
Hardly - the 10th chapter has been recently released. First volume was released May 25th. I guess the second one will be coming soon.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 07:36   Link #38
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
He has the "records" of all his summonings, but all heroic spirits do. Of course, being a counter guardian, those records are rather grim. That explains his attitude. Or maybe he was already like that before dying.
That would be true for all Servants except Archer.

Whenever Archer projects a weapon, he gains the memories of the user of the weapon, the techniques and the battles the weapon has been through.

Thus everytime he projects K&B he regains all his memories.
Taler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 14:08   Link #39
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
That would be true for all Servants except Archer.

Whenever Archer projects a weapon, he gains the memories of the user of the weapon, the techniques and the battles the weapon has been through.

Thus everytime he projects K&B he regains all his memories.
He'd only gain the memory from the owner of Kansha and Bakuya when he traces them--and only memories about the swords. Even if Archer have lost all his memories he still won't regain all his memories just from tracing them.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 23:52   Link #40
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'd have to agree with iamandragon. Archer is not the original user of K&B, so the memories/techniques/etc. that he gains are not his, but the original user/owner of K&B. It's like saying that when Shirou traced K&B, he should have gained all of Archer's memories/techniques/etc. He doesn't [Well, he copies Archer's technique, but that's due to watching Archer and copying his movements. Also, he copies his technique before he traces K&B, as shown by his sparring with Saber.].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote