Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-13, 17:28   Link #21
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
the first and second hokage were brothers, the first hokage is Tsunades grandfather, they are NOT rlated to naruto
Old 2003-12-13, 19:26   Link #22
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac
There's also a series of whirpools off the coast of Japan called the Naruto Uzumaki.

But sl33p was wondering why Naruto's spiral is also seen on the backs of the Konoha Chuunin and Jounin vests, and in many other place, such as the center of the Leaf itself.

And what I was thinking is that one of the founding Hokage was an Uzumaki, and that the spirals all around the village were his design. Maybe a consolation prize for being the Second Hokage instead of the First, since the Second looks more like Naruto.
What did the first part have to do with the second part of your sentence?

And, the Hokage's order has nothing to do with ability, i.e. the Shodaime (1st Hokage) is not necessarily better than the 2nd, like how the first President of the United States/King of England/Emperor of China is/was not necessarily better than whoever the current holder is.

Are the 1st & 2nd Hokage brothers? There was nothing mentioned in the manga, but maybe in that Naruto Special book that everyone but me seems to have...
Old 2003-12-13, 19:31   Link #23
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Sarutobi calls them brothers once. He doesn't go into them being related, and neither do the Anbu sitting at the sidelines watching the fight and explaining things like a narrator. He could have used the word in a much different way.

Whereas Tsunade being the First's grand-daughter is explained quite thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
What did the first part have to do with the second part of your sentence?
What I meant was that maybe the First or Second Hokage was of the Uzumaki family, and thus related to Naruto. And since the Second Hokage looks more like Naruto than the First, and in light of the fact that the First is Tsunade's grandfather, maybe he was an Uzumaki, and his "consolation prize" for being named the Second instead of the First was to have his crest become the Leaf's symbol.

Sorry if it seemed confusing, but the "consolation prize" idea was a small joke. Guess I'll need to water down my humor.
Old 2003-12-13, 20:29   Link #24
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
the symbol came from an actual leaf, as Iruka said "Our symbol was created from this exercise (ataching a leaf to ur forhead with chakra)"
Old 2003-12-13, 20:34   Link #25
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
The spiral, I mean. Sure, the spiral helps focus chakra in control exercises, but you see the same symbol all over Konoha, on people's clothing, in seals, and of course on Naruto's stomach.
Old 2014-09-08, 20:45   Link #26
shukujo

the spiral on naruto's shoulder may have something to do with his mother being from the land of whirlpools, since the item hanging from it is a vial of some kind of antidote made using his father's blood, according to the manga. if you search for the answer to this question on google, the relevant manga pages come up in a post on another forum about it, however.
Old 2014-09-09, 03:49   Link #27
Alena_92

it was already revealed that the spiral represents whirlpool country and the 1st Hokage married Mito which is from Whirlpool country. Their spiral symbol in Konoha represents the strong bond of Uzumaki and Senju clan.
Closed Thread