AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 19:11   Link #21
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersppd
Actually Naruto 2 is coming out for the PS2 in Japan this month. I wonder if Naruto 3 will be exclusive to Gamecube for a long time. I don't own a GC anymore so I'm getting Naurto 2 for my PS2. Hopefully they'll bring out Naruto 3 to the PS2 soon after the GC release.
Naltimate Hero 2 for the ps2 isn't the same game as Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 for the gamecube, the two series are completely different by even different developers. The only thing they have in common is that both are fighters, both are distributed by Tomy (but not developed by Tomy, neither of the games) and both are Naruto. All gaming elements are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
looks like they got rid of the crappy smash brothers business of the first two games then
SSBM was the playstation game Naltimate Hero, Gekitou Ninja Taisen series is nothing like SSBM.

I'm looking forward to GNT3 a lot more than NH2 btw, but I have both preordered already anyway :P I want 'em all.. I need to get myself a wonderswan so I can pick up the wonderswan game, and I need to pick up Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1, then I have them all :P

EDIT: btw, if they have Tsunade that'd be awesome. I hope she can use Souzou Saisei in the game to regenerate over time, instead of having attacks like all others, it'd be mighty cool. I'm looking forward to Tsunade, Kabuto, Jiraiya, Tenten, Chouji and Temari the most. Three of which has been announced already, w00t :]
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:20   Link #22
Spooky-Electric

Fighting games based on anime/cartoons are all about having as many characters as possible. I want a lot more new characters. Look at the DBZ games on PS2, each new game has a bunch of new characters.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:32   Link #23
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Fighting games based on anime/cartoons are all about having as many characters as possible. I want a lot more new characters. Look at the DBZ games on PS2, each new game has a bunch of new characters.
Well, Naruto GNT1 had only 8 characters, I believe, LOL.
The difference between DBZ Budokai and Naruto GNT is that Budokai sucks. I got bored very fast with Budokai
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 19:43   Link #24
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

The best DBZ fighting games were on the SNES...

and... I doubt the Sound Trio will be in this game... I don't think those three are popular characters... lets just hope the all the genins, third hokage, kabuto, itachi, and the shark guy will be in this one... I expect that much cuz they are in Narutimett Hero 2...
Old 2004-09-18, 20:42   Link #25
Captain_Dope

I would REALLY like to have the sound trio. They would fit the team vs team battle mode perfectly. Or would you rather have the developers waste character slots by adding Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon?
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 21:01   Link #26
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
and... I doubt the Sound Trio will be in this game... I don't think those three are popular characters... lets just hope the all the genins, third hokage, kabuto, itachi, and the shark guy will be in this one... I expect that much cuz they are in Narutimett Hero 2...

See, I want guys like the Sound Trio in the game. I don't care if they're popular or not. I want as many as possible! Chouji isn't popular and he's in the game.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 21:06   Link #27
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
See, I want guys like the Sound Trio in the game. I don't care if they're popular or not. I want as many as possible! Chouji isn't popular and he's in the game.
Yea, Kin was hot

I'm pretty sure N:GNT3 will have Itachi and Kisame. I mean, it won't be out until December so I'm sure Tomy/Eighting will have plenty of time to add more characters.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 21:09   Link #28
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

It's not that I want to see more stupid characters like the doll, Kiba's dog, or clones of other charactes... it's just that it was the way the developers took in the second game... they could have given us at least Dosu in Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 instead of giving us the dog or the doll... I would like to use every character too, espcially Dosu... but that's definitely not going to happen...
Old 2004-09-18, 21:11   Link #29
lotus_lee

Well, considering they are gonna put Haku and Zabuza in again even though they died aeons ago, they might add some unexpected characters so Dosu may not yet be out of the question. Just keep praying.....
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 21:17   Link #30
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Actually Naruto 2 is coming out for the PS2 in Japan this month. I wonder if Naruto 3 will be exclusive to Gamecube for a long time. I don't own a GC anymore so I'm getting Naurto 2 for my PS2. Hopefully they'll bring out Naruto 3 to the PS2 soon after the GC release.
Sorry but its not gonna happen. Naruto for Gamecube and Naruto for PS2 are 2 different games by 2 different developers.
Old 2004-09-19, 08:41   Link #31
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
I think I would expect wayyyy to much if I expect anyone from the sound trio to be there.. Cant beleive they didnt include the most awesome naruto character ever in NT2 > Dosu... you can only admire the three from afar in the tower-arena level in the second game.
Im sure instead they'll add something really lame, like shizune, tsunade, or ... ton-ton.. just like they did with Karasu and Akamaru in NT2
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 09:58   Link #32
Captain_Dope

Well I cant guarentee it but I am very sure Tsunade will be in it. If they have Jiraiya and Orochimaru then why not Tsunade too to finish the Sannin team? I would not mind having Shizune too because we need more female fighters. I hope they remove Akamaru and Karasu because they are a waste of character slots.

If they add the sound trio, my life will be complete
Old 2004-09-19, 10:40   Link #33
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
Actually it's not. GNT1-2-3 on GameCube are completely different than NH1-2 on PS2.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:54   Link #34
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
we need more female fighters.
Yes, I think we need way more. I like to use an all female team of 3 (Heh heh), and I'm stuck with Hinata and Sakura. Ino pwns though, I even use her in 1 on 1 vs. mode most of the time. I'll swap Hinata with Temari, and Sakura with, ummm, some other girl. (Hopefully, if she's in the game, Tenten!)

BTW I hope Tonton isn't in the game, as it will be an Akamaru clone. No one likes Akamaru <_<
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:16   Link #35
venom1221

OMG!!!
NO KABUTO????? NO TSUNADE???? NO SOUND NINJAS????

This game will need more new characters than just jiraiya, chouji and temari
venom1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:21   Link #36
dnmt

More female fighters would be nice but keep in mind that there aren't that many to begin with. Who can they add other than Tenten, Shizune, Tsunade and that Sound chick with the flute?

Anyway, about the Sound team from the chuunin exam being in: I don't think it's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them in but I think that if Eighting wanted to include them then they would've made at least one of them for the second game. Zabuza and Haku are still in because it'd be a waste to remove them, what with them being completely unique in the game and quite popular outside of it. The Sound team isn't nearly as popular, I don't think.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 14:24   Link #37
dnmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom1221
OMG!!!
NO KABUTO????? NO TSUNADE???? NO SOUND NINJAS????

This game will need more new characters than just jiraiya, chouji and temari
Jesus Christ, the game is three-four months away from release, will you shut up? We'll know more about it as the release dates approaches.

When NH2 was first announced people hardly knew ANYTHING about the game, so please just shut up for now and stop whining.
Old 2004-09-19, 16:53   Link #38
mastersppd
Judoka

Thanks for clearing up the confusion I had between the GC and PS2 Naruto games. I was about to spend 60 bucks on that game. However, I did notice that the games on PS2 are also advertised as Cel Shaded fighters. How are the games on the PS2 compared to that of the Gamecube? I've seen vids of Naruto 2 on the GC and it looks awesome. Now I hear part 3 will be out sometime soon. Maybe I should just wait for part 3? It seems like the same game, but with more characters. I really hope they give Naruto the Rasengan as a super move. They could even use the super as a grab a la Zangief from SF. They could have an animation of Naruto holding down his opponent while his shadow replication prepares the Rasengan and then BAM!! Snoogins.
mastersppd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:11   Link #39
dnmt

Simply put, the GC game is a very straight-forward fighter like Bloody Roar or Tekken while the PS2 game is basically a SSBM clone. The GC game is cel-shaded, the PS2 game isn't. However, they both bring the Naruto universe to life beautifully(GC game looks a bit better, though, I would say).

As for what you should buy, definitely wait for Naruto 3 to be released this December; more characters, more game modes and who knows what else.
Old 2004-09-19, 18:06   Link #40
Captain_Dope

Quote:
The Sound team isn't nearly as popular, I don't think
Its not about popularity. Do you think that Mizuki, Karasu, Akamaru were addded because they are popular? No those only served as fillers.