AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-07, 08:55   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't care if he is the incarnation of Adachi himself. His story is boring and distracting. Is every person who watches Mix supposed to be fully cognizant of all of Adachi's works? Didn't seem true for Cross Game. I watched that not even knowing who Adachi is and saw a complete, self-contained story.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 09:30   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was maybe 10 years old when I watched Touch. I can't say I remember much of it...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 11:11   Link #23
Frontier

It just made me more interested in watching Touch...
Old 2023-05-07, 14:12   Link #24
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't care if he is the incarnation of Adachi himself. His story is boring and distracting. Is every person who watches Mix supposed to be fully cognizant of all of Adachi's works? Didn't seem true for Cross Game. I watched that not even knowing who Adachi is and saw a complete, self-contained story.
Not all* just Touch, as this is a sequel to Touch after all.

*Unless there's a Adachiverse going on and every work takes place in the continuity. (probably not)

Last edited by Blaat; 2023-05-08 at 10:13.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 14:49   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If so and the protagonists meet, they'll do that Spider-Men pointing at each other thing...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 16:53   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Not all* just Touch, as this a sequel to Touch after all.

*Unless there's a Adachiverse going on and every work takes place in the continuity. (probably not)
Yeah, I mean, it's a sequel. I think a writer has the right to include stuff people who don't know the original won't know.

Still don't know why this conversation is happening in this thread.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 13:13   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As an older man, I find the portrayal of older men in this episode offensive. They all appear to be deadbeats and perverts. I know that I didn't spend much time in my forties staring at the skirts on high-school girls. (Most didn't wear skirts anyway.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 11:26   Link #28
Blaat

Kazuya got mentioned so we're pretty much close to mentioning the main character of Touch although I do wonder if they're going to acknowledge he looks identical to Touma. Unless they're going for a Touma's mum cheated with Tatsuya background story. (no way fans would accept that )
Old 2023-05-27, 23:34   Link #29
Frontier

Ha! It's cute how Otomi knows her brother so well that she can tell when he's jealous and sulky when Touma surpasses his expectations .

Gotta take a picture of that score to prove they held their own against Keijo !

It's nice that Otomi has some good memories of her biological father. Kind of amusing that they were watching Koshien and his father told her her brother would take her there (not knowing she'd have two brothers to do it with) even though all she cared about were the bands !

Nothing like two drunk alumni singing their school anthem !

Oh hey, they mentioned Kazuya! Between the school anthem and remembering Kazuya, I wonder if Harada is close to getting his memories back ?

Adachi basically daring himself with all those mentions of the tragedies that befall Meisei around Koshien time .

The "Arisa taking running the soccer club seriously" sub-plot is still really fun...even if she's so focused on making sure the team does well that she ignores Akai, which just makes him think she never actually had feelings for him. For a girl that feels she needs to see him just to get through the day. I'm starting to feel bad for her .

Nishimura's fastball is getting faster, but his dad doesn't want anyone (including him) to know about it so they can keep it a surprise .

I guess it's good that there's a little more friction between Touma and Sou if it means they're growing as brothers .

Father vs daughter! Brother vs brother! Meisei vs Meisei in a scrimmage match! And no arguments about fairness, they drew lots !
Old 2023-08-12, 09:53   Link #30
Blaat

With that ambulance scene is the dad hospitalized or is Adachi just trolling the audience?
Old 2023-08-12, 09:57   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
With that ambulance scene is the dad hospitalized or is Adachi just trolling the audience?
I asked that very same question in my write-up.
Old 2023-08-12, 13:59   Link #32
Frontier

It's Meisei vs Seinan, the fated match! With a pitchers' duel between Touma and Nishimura in full motion as they keep striking out all contenders beyond anyones' expectations .

Kind of wonder what's going on with Tachibana Papa...

Awwww...that's a sweet flashabck to Nishimura Papa playing catch with kid Nishimura .

Lucky Koma! Except not...and Nishimura didn't even get to catch up how he was hoping too .

I guess this is the question...who will break first and who will keep up their perfect pitch game ?

Was Noriko Hidaka/Minami apologizing for watching two old men spit out their drinks or for how long this storyline of Harada finding out his name was ?
Old 2023-08-12, 20:37   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, Takumi's perfect game is officially already broken up.

I feel bad for him, because not even his own dad seems to give him his due.
Old 2023-08-19, 09:27   Link #34
Frontier

Meisei vs Seinan continues, the pitchers' duel between Touma and Nishimura heating up .

Not only does Akai come into the clutch catch-wise but he even manages to get a hit in! Nice !

Smart plan to count on Sou getting in a hit with the odds that it would work...which is why Seinan gives him an intentional walk. Leaving it all up to Imagawa, who probably most wouldn't expect to come through, but he manages to snag Meisei two runs! And him out, but still !

Of course if Seinan wants to catch up they have to go against Touma, which is a tall order, though one bad pitch gets Nishimura a homer. Though Touma is quick to recover and strike out everybody else. They're not catching up that easily .

Figures Keijo would be more focused on training themselves than watching a match between their future opponent. They don't need to be reminded of how impressive Touma is, at any rate .
Old 2023-08-19, 11:25   Link #35
Blaat

I first thought Touma has some underlying medical issue and that's why the pitch was bad, but now I'm wondering if he did it on purpose out of respect for Nishimura? I dunno. I also kept wondering what the 12:50 time was suppose to refer I thought maybe it was a Touch reference
Spoiler for spoilers for a 40 year old anime:

Judging by the episode count and the fact the manga is ongoing it's fair to say Meisei are going to lose the final in the 2nd year as is the usual case with Adachi works.

Last edited by Blaat; 2023-08-19 at 11:36.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 19:05   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That 12:50 thing really had me puzzled. Was it the time when Touma made his error and lost last year? The time Sou's dad was injured? The time Kazuya died in Touch?
Old 2023-08-19, 23:13   Link #37
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That 12:50 thing really had me puzzled. Was it the time when Touma made his error and lost last year? The time Sou's dad was injured? The time Kazuya died in Touch?
Kazuya died after the match started at 1pm. Tatsuya was shown cheering the team while watching the live TV broadcast and we were wondering why he is watching on TV and not at the stadium. Then, when a surgeon came over to inform Tatsuya, we understand that he is in a hospital's waiting room watching the TV broadcast. That was the "Oh, shit" moment in the Touch manga.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-02, 07:21   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Adachi gonna Adachi...
Old 2023-09-02, 09:09   Link #39
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Adachi gonna Adachi...
He can't help himself. He stays true to his habits.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-02, 09:58   Link #40
Frontier

Meisei beat Seinana! 2-1! The pitchers' duel ended in Meisei's favor thanks to Akai's catching! And Seinan loses to Meisei again...but the Nishimura's won't shed any tears, because there's always next year. Always sucks for the seniors though .

Kenjo still confident they can beat Meisei. I have to wonder if family circumstances will upset the Tachibana Batter enough to throw them off their game in time for the match ?

Let's talk about the legendary, pivotal, match of Touch...while also showing a girl in a one-piece swimsuit diving .

Eisuke's death had all the hallmarks of an Adachi death, especially the fallout. You knew something was up the way they danced around what was happening to him without showing him, all building up to the reveal at the end .

This poor family though...I mean, Touma lost his mom, now he's lost his dad. Sou and Otomi lost their second father. Their mom lost her second husband. The woman seems generally unflappable but then comes the reveal of how out of sorts she is that she "forgot" to buy toilet paper when they have plenty. And you can tell there's some unsaid tension in the family .

I guess in terms of good news, Harada has reconnected with his family and is now kidnapping people to visit them .

Oh hey, Nishimura actually sees Harada! And remembers the times they spent together, oggling Minami, even though they mutually didn't end up with her .

Harada's mom is sweet. His niece seems like quite the spitfire though .

They just had to rub it in that Eisuke not only didn't get to see the win against Seinan but he won't get to see the Kenjo match either .

Tags
baseball, sports