AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-10, 23:07   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I mean, it's not an S-class adaptation like Tengoku Daimakyou. And it's not an auteur adaptation like its first cousin Yofukashi no Uta. It's a pretty by the books adaptation by a pretty inexperienced staff trying to be faithful to a great manga.

But hey - they do that very well, so I'm not complaining. It's an utterly wonderful story about two wonderful kids, so faithful is by no means a bad thing.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 23:45   Link #22
Frontier

I think it looks great so far .
Old 2023-04-11, 01:09   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good start. Definitely felt pretty grounded in a way. A tough condition for the two characters to deal with. All the more so with how it eats into their lives. No wonder day to day life at school would be difficult. Although credit to Nakami for being able to get things done even with all that.

While having a friend to share his worries with is alright, it is something else entirely to share it with someone that understands. Not that his friend is a bad friend, but it's hard to really get it without being in a similar position.

It's a nice state they've found themselves in at least. Having someone to share the night with is big. And there does seem to be a way through this. Already feels like the show is hinting that they could actually get some sleep if they do so together. At least seemed as if Isaki got some rest there when hiding from the cop with Nakami.
Old 2023-04-11, 09:33   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good start. Definitely felt pretty grounded in a way. A tough condition for the two characters to deal with. All the more so with how it eats into their lives. No wonder day to day life at school would be difficult. Although credit to Nakami for being able to get things done even with all that.

While having a friend to share his worries with is alright, it is something else entirely to share it with someone that understands. Not that his friend is a bad friend, but it's hard to really get it without being in a similar position.

It's a nice state they've found themselves in at least. Having someone to share the night with is big. And there does seem to be a way through this. Already feels like the show is hinting that they could actually get some sleep if they do so together. At least seemed as if Isaki got some rest there when hiding from the cop with Nakami.
And they both fell asleep together in the observatory room. In literally the first few minutes of meeting each other .
Old 2023-04-11, 10:14   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, they were tired…
Old 2023-04-12, 00:06   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 09:28   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Magari seems like the prototype for the "magical pixie girl falls into your life" theme. She's certainly cute enough.

Looks like a keeper.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-12, 14:01   Link #28
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Not sure I'm feeling this one... cute premise and/or gimmick I guess but somehow I don't believe this was written by an insomniac. Suppose I'll give it another week if nothing else.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 11:32   Link #29
Frontier

Looks like Ganta lives with his dad? And kind of takes care of him? Kind of wonder what the deal with his mom is, then .

The Opening is very soothing and beautiful, focusing on our two leads, their lives with their friends and each other, and the wide array of emotions they feel with each other as they experience the night together .

I guess it makes sense that Ganta would want to keep their friendship a secret...I mean, he knows how Kanitani thinks of him so that would probably make it awkward. That also makes their relationship a secret between the two of them, which is more romantic .

Time to improve the love nest...I mean, their club room so they can chillax and take some much-needed naps! It was really fun watching these lug that chair up and have fun with each other in the observatory room .

Two-chan has joined the club! Though poor Ganta ranks lower than cat .

Musclehead girl saw Isaki whispering to Ganta. I wonder if she realizes what's going on ?

So Isaki and her gal pals are all in clubs...Musclehead girl is in baseball, Kani looks like she's in track, braided hair girl looks like she's in the art club, and Isaki is in the swimming club. The ED already shows off how great she looks in a school swimsuit .

I guess it was too much to hope these two would be able to have this all to themselves with no adult supervision...that darn cat should've just left Kurashiki-sensei alone (though she ended up being cool). Though Ganta uses his lack of club involvement as a way of saving the place they made for themselves by reviving the Astronomy Club with Isaki. And, hey, the school needs some excuse to justify the telescope !

The moon has never looked more beautiful...or Isaki, for that matter. And these two are utterly charming together .

The ED has plenty of fun and colorful illustrations of the cast, especially Isaki, and then you realize it's Ganta taking pictures of her because he's so entranced by her...and even ending with the two cuddling on the beach! Nice !
Old 2023-04-17, 18:16   Link #30
grecefar

lol they planted seeds to make us believe that magari is indeed a ghost. I doubt it but there will be that nagging feeling in the back of my mind...

cool teacher, I hope to see more of her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-17, 18:29   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I wonder if Isaki was dropping some hints that her health problems aren't something entirely of the past? If she's still got ongoing issues if not a problematic long term health situation it would make sense that she'd be even less eager to talk about her insomnia. One more condition to be managed. But we'll see.

Honestly this was probably the best turn of events. Requires less hassle in getting things into the observatory anyways. Plus since they are the Astronomy Club there's legitimate reason to spend evenings at the school. They should be able to get permission to be on campus after dark and...be there for quite some time. Better than walking the streets and maybe even can sleep a bit in the room before heading back to their homes in the morning.
Old 2023-04-22, 23:19   Link #32
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah I don't know about insomnia, it's more like they just can't sleep at home for whatever reasons and do it in school instead. But I liked ep 2 more than the first, they at least seem to have bonded over their abode and commonality.
Old 2023-04-22, 23:57   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well I mean, not to put too fine a point on it but what is it you think insomnia is, exactly?
Old 2023-04-23, 06:51   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

They're clearly sleeping, just at different hours than "normal."

Actual insomnia is defined as days-weeks without sleep.
Old 2023-04-23, 07:16   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
They're clearly sleeping, just at different hours than "normal."

Actual insomnia is defined as days-weeks without sleep.
Well, no it's not. The official Mayo Clinic definition is "a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep"".

People who go weeks without sleep are called dead. The body needs some sleep to survive. Insomniacs, typically, can't get normal sleep at night and thus fall asleep randomly and fitfully during the day. Which is exactly what these kids are doing.
Old 2023-04-23, 14:54   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

I was under the impression it took more than that, seems too liberal a label probably applicable to huge swaths of the population. As far as the show goes I suppose it's technically accurate. The only distinctions I see for the word itself are as is or "chronic."
Old 2023-04-24, 11:30   Link #37
Frontier

The Astronomy Club is back in business! Which means they actually have to consider presenting to the student council and justifying their existence so they can get a proper budget...and the only thing they can really think to do is take pictures of the night sky, so Ganta better learn the ins and outs of photography .

I love how these two just doze off on the train, because of course they would. And to Isaki more budget for the club means more stuff they can spend to make their sleep pad more relaxing !

And who better to teach him than an alumni of the Astronomy Club! Which takes the pair to an arcade nestled in a rural area where Yui Shiromaru is the manager and living in a container with her cat Rollo. She ended up being the only member of the Astronomy Club when the 3rd years left so she has a lot of experience (if only solo) and a lot of care for the club, and she has a lot photography know-how and experience. She also comes off like a stoic, cool, beauty though she's also kind of dorky and bashful...like when she realizes her bra is hanging in plain view of two teenagers .

Ganta ain't living down that Isaki picture on his camera .

I've learned some cool facts about taking good pictures at night !

The first proper meeting of the Astronomy Club begins! Featuring Shiromaru Senpai and Kurashiki-sensei! Looks like they main thrust for the club will be preparing for a meteor shower show, possibly with the involvement of Ganta and Isaki's friends. Maybe Ganta will even win that contest !

Shiromaru is just a girl riding her bike with her cat as she visits scenic spots to take pictures while eating pancakes and making sure her cat is well taken care of. I feel like she and the Laid Back Camp girls would get along quite well, though the two high school night owls in her old club seem to be growing on her .
Old 2023-04-24, 15:17   Link #38
grecefar

ganta is having an interest in astronomy or at least photography.

it seems the insomnia problem was set aside for now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 15:52   Link #39
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Now that we see that they are taking astrophotography seriously, this show could be second in my order after Vinland Saga.This was a terrific episode.

After we see Shiromaru's stunning photo, I for one am totally happy with this production team. Looks like they are spending their money where it matters. I'm looking forward to the Perseid event.

I also like how the cast expanded so quickly this episode. Even the sensei is involved. From the OP it looks like there will be a few more members in the weeks ahead. I was worried they might focus too much on the main couple.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 00:48   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Cute episode. Definitely put the focus on the Astronomy Club here which was fine. They are taking the club seriously and not simply as a place to get some sleep. Although I guess it's fair to say it's both. They have to take it seriously so they don't lose the one place they can get some sleep.

Cast is expanding nicely. Shiromaru is pretty sweet and fun to have around. Of course right now she just thinks these two are night owls, since you wouldn't naturally presume insomnia. She is fun and I'll enjoy having her around. Though I didn't know it was ok for a former student to just casually hang out at school like that . I guess this club does need the extra help so it's even more acceptable in this case. Plus it's just nice for her. Clearly she didn't have that many friends while at school herself. But now she's got pretty nice kouhai that can share in her interests.

The camera stuff is pretty fun honestly. Not something I know much about so it's a good bit of trivia to pick up.

Tags
romance, school