AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-15, 18:24   Link #21
Decel

Ep 2 was the Aha! I get why this is so popular feeling.

This is definitely on my to watch list now.
Old 2022-10-16, 01:19   Link #22
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh man.. when the coach started to preach about ego and essence of striker, my head keep thinking about that monster named Erling Haaland.
It is difficult to deny his principle when there are many monster strikers in the world right now.
This anime will one day inspire some new Haaland or Ibramovich in the future.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 04:04   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't try and make any of this make sense, because it's off the charts stupid.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 04:24   Link #24
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
What I don't understand is the "ruining their dreams" part, so let's say that every soccer player dream is to win the world cup, so I get with the blue lock project your position as striker in the japan team is out if you lose like kira, but it looks like they aren't going to play anymore not even professionally.

They are still the best choosen by the project so they have chance to play professionally even if it's domestically, but they made it sound like they can't play anymore and even if so, they have the authority to do that?
Well, to be fair no young strikers on nation that is regular World Cup entry (with some made it to Premiere League) would take "Your career at best is domestic league" happily.

They kind of toned it down compare to manga. Kira truly lashed out his anger there believing he can do better and its not his fault, and here he listened to Ego, made scary face to Isagi and walking out from the room just fine.

Old 2022-10-16, 17:34   Link #25
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Someone should really tell them that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. It rarely ends well.
Old 2022-10-17, 06:29   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

At first I disliked that one dude that said that he "was born in the wrong country", but then the show kept going and I ended up agreeing with him, about the only thing I learned from this episode was that if you want to be a World Cup winner then you should be born in South America or Europe since Japan is doing the best they can to tank their own talent for the sake of creating the one mythical ubermench super saiyan Japanese player they think will help them win.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2022-10-20 at 02:06.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 10:32   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Obviously the manga-ka wanted to write Squid Game, but that property was taken. So we have Squid Game X Soccer instead. Like Enzo, I thought this show was too stupid to follow any further after episode one.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 16:42   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Obviously the manga-ka wanted to write Squid Game, but that property was taken. So we have Squid Game X Soccer instead. Like Enzo, I thought this show was too stupid to follow any further after episode one.
Well, I haven't cut the cord yet - I'm trying to see if I can grok the appeal in spite of the stupidity of the plot.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 21:46   Link #29
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Squid Game aired on 2021, first volume of Blue Lock manga released on 2018.

So maybe Blue Lock is the one inspired Squid Game instead?

Old 2022-10-19, 21:59   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am just surprised that there are people still expecting the show to actually about soccer.
I mean, this is written by Kaneshiro Muneyuki. The soccer element is just a vehicle for that man to do what he always have been doing, which is showing off crazy people that he came up with and then break them in various ways.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-10-20 at 01:01.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 23:33   Link #31
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Had to look up the author. It's the same one who did the Kamisama no Iutoori series.
No wonder I had that nagging feeling of familiarity with the roughness and craziness of the characters. Ok yeah, it's definitely just a survival game coated with soccer now. Gonna go with that moving forward.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-22, 14:11   Link #32
grecefar

yeah I don't know about this, unless in the end Ego isn't creating the ultimate striker but the ultimate team.

but there is the guy in the previous chapter so...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-23, 11:29   Link #33
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Not a friend but spherical servant.

That baseball comparison is spot on.
Old 2022-10-29, 17:02   Link #34
grecefar

Team Y looks like the filler team compared to "the king". Okawa doesn't look that special.
Old 2022-10-30, 05:05   Link #35
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Team Y looks like the filler team compared to "the king". Okawa doesn't look that special.
It kinda made me questioned if team Z is just bad at planning.

Since the goal can be simplified to "Win, at least make it to Top 3", going with approach of focusing on one striker carrying team like Barou sounds better.
Downside would be if one of participating team turned out got more than single ace player, even so still the low risk fast method to pave way to at least Top 3.
Old 2022-11-05, 21:52   Link #36
grecefar

the match was good and it had a nice finish but I still think is silly with all "detroying everybody dreams" when they lose. I mean it's not like niko can't change his position to midfielder with his eyes.

He can be a world class midfielder unless he refuse to change his position. Like I said I doubt they have the power to just make them stop playing. Let's see if I get eliminated of the blue lock and become a top player in another position, say midfielder like modric and I'm so good that I play in a top team like madrid, city, bayern, I score too, I win a ballon d'or but then I can't play with the japan team?, yeah I doubt that.
Old 2022-11-05, 23:31   Link #37
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
the match was good and it had a nice finish but I still think is silly with all "detroying everybody dreams" when they lose. I mean it's not like niko can't change his position to midfielder with his eyes.

He can be a world class midfielder unless he refuse to change his position. Like I said I doubt they have the power to just make them stop playing. Let's see if I get eliminated of the blue lock and become a top player in another position, say midfielder like modric and I'm so good that I play in a top team like madrid, city, bayern, I score too, I win a ballon d'or but then I can't play with the japan team?, yeah I doubt that.
Its "If you lose, your career at best is local team" not "If you lose, your career at best is local team as a striker"
While the winner got guaranteed spot at national team, as striker, which would lead to better chance to get recommendation for top-class team.

So its not exactly why everyone didn't think of becoming midfielder or defender (one of the rules is top scorer can trade 'goals' for better foods, also top scorer can escape elimination in case their team unable to advance, so position probably matter less in grand scheme) but more of do they content with their career stuck in local team? As far Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen talent scouting go I doubt they will seriously care about random J-League team compare to someone with permanent slot on national team. Even Ego mentioned that playing baseball is the quickest way to fame in Japan than soccer.
Old 2022-11-06, 00:14   Link #38
EroKing

I am sports entertained. This is easier to enjoy when you think of it more like wrestling and nothing like soccer.
Old 2022-11-06, 07:15   Link #39
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Its "If you lose, your career at best is local team" not "If you lose, your career at best is local team as a striker"
While the winner got guaranteed spot at national team, as striker, which would lead to better chance to get recommendation for top-class team.

So its not exactly why everyone didn't think of becoming midfielder or defender (one of the rules is top scorer can trade 'goals' for better foods, also top scorer can escape elimination in case their team unable to advance, so position probably matter less in grand scheme) but more of do they content with their career stuck in local team? As far Real Madrid and Bayern Munchen talent scouting go I doubt they will seriously care about random J-League team compare to someone with permanent slot on national team. Even Ego mentioned that playing baseball is the quickest way to fame in Japan than soccer.
My problem is they focus too much in saying that their dream is over, they had a chance in blue lock as striker sure but the project make it sound that they won't play anymore. Like I said niko can still change position and still had a chance to be in the national team. I still expect kira to come back and still we don't know the formation of the japan team that can have more than 1 foward, there can be 2 or have a trident but with this I believe they will focus on the project and make it 1 forward.

Lately there had been more and more japanese players in europa, kubo and tomiyasu are doing a great season in real sociedad and arsenal, minamino won a champions with the liverpool and kamada won the europa league with the eintracht and none of them are strikers and I doubt they were scouted in the national team. There are more and more talent found in backyard leagues now. Halaand wasn't found in the national team.

So yeah it's silly to say their dream is over if they can still try in others way.

Well in the end this is anime and they need to add drama and impact and all that.
Old 2022-11-12, 14:50   Link #40
grecefar

It never cross my mind on a betrayal like that even when the rule is there, even less that it was kuon. Nice twist there.

So maybe it was this way how they beat "the king" team because these guys are even more filler than team Y.

Tags
soccer, sports