AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-16, 03:55   Link #21
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
When you're not sure if it's BL or not with this weird, gender-blending, Isekai romcom .

The Opening is surprisingly fun and retro .

Tachibana really sounds like he's been in love with Jinguuji this whole time and has used that as an excuse to shun women, and when Jinguuji ends up becoming a woman it basically takes away all the pretenses he had before and lets him be more open with his feelings. Even Jinguuji realized it seemed like Tachibana was in love with him .

Jinguuji should've learned from Your Name to be careful about wishing you were the opposite gender...

Well, silver lining for Jinguuji is not only is he now a cute loli, but he's not completely flat, as he sees he has at least some cleavage when inspecting his new body .

Rie Kugimiya as a neon naked Goddess was a nice treat, and she's as arrogant as she is ridiculous. I hope we see her again soon .

They're so insistent that their attraction to each other must be from the curse that it makes it pretty clear it's likely not going to be from the curse .

So I take it Tachibana got all the power while Jinguuji will get by through sheer cuteness .

The Ending was pretty cute with Jinguuji dancing around with the girls .
Jinguuji is the popular, good-looking and now super-strong Office Worker with glasses while Tachibana is now the adorable, super-cute looking blonde Loli with shark teeth. And yeah cuteness >>>>>>>>>>>>>> power, everyone knows that.
Old 2022-01-16, 10:38   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Jinguuji is the popular, good-looking and now super-strong Office Worker with glasses while Tachibana is now the adorable, super-cute looking blonde Loli with shark teeth. And yeah cuteness >>>>>>>>>>>>>> power, everyone knows that.
Brain fart moment .
Old 2022-01-17, 22:44   Link #23
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I have to say that my ideal looking woman has never involved razor sharp shark teeth ,but I guess it takes all kinds.
Well is mine then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It's one of those anime tropes which I've never understood.
You take this or the flesh fang.

This is the next evolution of Isekai. Who needs their ideal woman? YOU be your ideal woman! YOU be the cute girl.

Last edited by LKK; 2022-01-18 at 09:36. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit or Multi-Quote button instead.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 13:02   Link #24
Frontier

Well, good news is the Goddess granted another of their unintentional wishes and given them access to Tachibana's apartment. They've eaten all the food Tachibana had left, but at least there's a place for them to go back and relax on their journey. I love how Tachibana knew that if he ran out of food, Jinguuji would take care of him. Such strong childhood friend energy .

Tachibana finally wears girly clothing, appropriating a dress his little sister left behind, and it goes well with his new looks. And it makes poor Jinguuji into an even deeper state of denial .

Tachibana and Jinguuji finally reach a village, although while Tachibana has beguiling new looks, he's also a trouble magnate...as said village is being attacked by bandits. But then said bandits basically beat each other up for Tachibana's hand in marriage, so it all turns out okay. And Tachibana gets to play the tragic Heroine whose beauty drives men to fight for "her" hand in marriage .

Tachibana's beauty has "her" being revered as a Goddess, and Jinguuji is barely holding it in as it is, but Tachibana appreciates being popular for once .

We get a nice flashback to Tachibana and Jinguuji's school days, where Jinguuji was always the dutiful, studious, type who did the work that was expected of him and that people basically took advantage of...but Tachibana was a free spirit that still went out of his way to help him. No wonder Jinguuji fell for him .

I love how just a glimpse of Tachibana's cleavage was enough to drive Jinguuji to throw all the bandits into the ground...and the chief of the village who came to help. The Charm effect is extremely powerful, although a slap from Tachibana is equally effective. .

Just when the protagonists thought they'd struck it rich, and Tachibana finally has his iconic cute outfit, a fire starts and destroys the bandit hideout (with the money) and also seemingly ends up consuming the elf village of the worlds most beautiful elf woman. I sense a beauty contest next week between Tachibana and the Elf Premier .
Old 2022-01-18, 17:03   Link #25
magnuskn

Oh, god, my sides.

This was incredibly funny and is pretty much the best show of the season for me (at least so far).

Great character dynamic, too.
Old 2022-01-18, 18:40   Link #26
James Rye

Lol, great episode. Loved the bandits falling head over heels for Tachibana and beating the shit out of each other and Tachibana low-key enjoying it. XD
Same with Jinguuji having real trouble to contain the cuteness taking him over and finally losing to it and becoming charmed. Which ofc made Tachibana happy again, damn, he looked evil there, lol. That slap to "wake" Jinguuji up like a broken TV, dude is on the lowest point of his life. The whole "You're like my sun" was so corny and funny with those two freaking out over it. xD
Flashback was real nice as well, showing why Jinguuji views Tachibana so highly because he helps on his own, not because he is told to do so.

But that mix of peerless beauty and troublemaker is a real bad one, that elven forest getting burned to the ground... also what was this about destroying the eco system next episode?^^;
Old 2022-01-18, 21:08   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm surprised the guy gave 0 thought to wearing his sister's underwear

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 21:52   Link #28
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well have seen a marriage proposals that fast since Brock
Old 2022-01-18, 22:22   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Easily best opening song of the season.
Old 2022-01-18, 23:57   Link #30
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Anime adapted perfectly. Great
Old 2022-01-19, 14:12   Link #31
Wandering Soul

That was funny and this show is easily set up to be my favorite comedy of the season.
Old 2022-01-19, 14:36   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I'm surprised the guy gave 0 thought to wearing his sister's underwear
Huh, now that you mention it .
Old 2022-01-19, 17:43   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show really is funny. My favorite moment was Tachibana calling the monster cute in the first episode (and it kind of was) and then it opened its month to reveal it looks horrifying.
Old 2022-01-23, 03:46   Link #34
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
This is the next evolution of Isekai. Who needs their ideal woman? YOU be your ideal woman! YOU be the cute girl.
If that's what you want, this season's 'She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man' had the protagonist fall asleep while tinkering with a character customization item to design his ideal woman for shits and giggles, and found (him? her?) self getting isekaied in the form of that cute young girl rather than the dignified old man the character is supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The Charm effect is extremely powerful, although a slap from Tachibana is equally effective. .
In various JRPGs/SRPGs, the easiest way to cure Charm is by attacking the affected character.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 13:03   Link #35
Frontier

I guess with their current situation and relationship dynamic, it was only a matter of time before at least one of them saw each other naked...and of course it's Jinguuji catching Tachibana out of the bath .

I kind of figured Tachibana would want to get off on his new body, although it turns out its too much of a loli body for that to work .

I love how Jinguuji and Tachibana walk in on the Premier reading everyone the riot act for burning the elves' forest and killing their forest guardian and Jinguuji and Tachibana just walk back into their place when they realize it's their fault .

I guess it makes sense that Jinguuji, feeling no attachment to women beyond Tachibana, would not mince words with the Premier even when ostensibly apologizing, and none of her words or womanly wiles had any effect on him .

The Premier is definitely a prideful beauty in a skimpy outfit...and knowing the Goddess they worship is the same one that got Tachibana and Jinguuji stuck in this mess makes a lot of sense, even if it doesn't endear her to either of them. I also love how they say their elf ears are because of her rabbit ears .

So the Premier and Tachibana have a contest for who everyone prefers, and the villagers all side with Tachibana. Then she makes the excuse that the pair are heretics insulting their Goddess so she has an excuse to try and kill them for disrespecting her. Although drawing arrows from her hair is actually pretty cool .

Figures someone so vain and prideful of her looks would be undone by Jinguuji messing with her hair and cutting her hair braid off...although considering the power of that throw, she ended up lucky .

Jinguuji has really settled into the househusband role .

So was that jinguuji's grandpa he flashed back too? Is that why he's such a stick-in-the-mud sometimes ?

Tachibana and Jinguuji are enjoying some beers outside until it turns out Tachibana's new body doesn't have the same level of alcohol tolerance and falls into the typical anime moment of a female character taking her clothes off when she gets drunk and then running off .

Jinguuji being distracted by Tachibana's undressed state while Tachibana's being devoured by a carnivorous plant is very on-brand for this pair .

The Premier is tracking the pair out of revenge and then ends up unknowingly eating her forest guardian and getting grabbed by the plant...man, things are just not going well for her .
Old 2022-01-25, 14:15   Link #36
kari-no-sugata II

The zannen is strong with this elf.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-25, 14:47   Link #37
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Baalbuddy, Great Elf Dunker, would have loved to watch this episode.
Old 2022-01-25, 15:20   Link #38
James Rye

Great episode, had a good few laughs. Drunk Tachibana stripping and running into the forest for one, then the whole "I pretend I didn't just saw that" when facing reality of being eaten by a slimy plant monster and then his "You can even eat bell peppers!" when raging at Jinguuji. XDDD

And then a surprisingly deep question asked after gazing at his helpful friend with another typical perfect answer from Jinguuji himself - ending on a rainbow throw up. What a shitty world indeed. XD
And next chapter Tachibana has to wear a paper bag to not cause a riot in town. XDDD

Oh yeah, the elf priestess eating their guardian deity with its spirit looking at her from behind also gave me a good laugh. That woman is beyond saving. xD

Honestly, I am surprised how well done this show is so far. I expected poor animation or many stills but so far it hasn't been terrible to watch, actually been better than many other series this season. Hope it helps the series to increase sales in japan, that'd be nice for the creator.
Old 2022-01-25, 16:23   Link #39
magnuskn

Third episode clinches it for by being surprisingly thoughful for a comedy series. Definitely my favorite show of the season, although the fantasy Ciaphas Cain show (i.e. Genius Prince) is not that far behind.

Next week, a wild Kirito appears!
Old 2022-01-25, 19:00   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show continues to be hilarious. The elf was great all around.

I'm guessing it wasn't boxers Tachibana was wearing in the original material when he was about to get eaten. Jinguchi's overreaction didn't make much sense in the anime.

You know, being able to go back to your apartment, which still has electricity and running water is really an awesome perk when you think about it. You can adventure while also enjoying the comfort of modern life! Somehow Isekai protagonists never have any trouble adjusting to a medieval lifestyle, but it'd be super tough for me.

Tags
isekai, no homo