Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-10, 15:40   Link #21
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wasn't it the second season Op? I remember "Daddy daddy do" so well...and I think they reused the exact same animation for Kaguya pulling her bow .
It's definitely the second OP, Daddy Daddy D(i)o.
Old 2022-04-11, 13:15   Link #22
Jaden

Good episode in general, but considering the audience of this show, was it really necessary to have the narrator explain the entire modern messenger app meta?...even I know about it, even though I've barely used them.
Old 2022-04-11, 15:13   Link #23
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Good episode in general, but considering the audience of this show, was it really necessary to have the narrator explain the entire modern messenger app meta?...even I know about it, even though I've barely used them.
Guy’s always explaining stuff like that. The point is pointing out just how severely the party screwed up or how they’re planning to exploit someone’s screwup.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 18:36   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yes. I didn't know about any of that (well, I did from reading the manga). It's not like we have LINE over there, and even in Japan I think it's mostly used by teenagers.
Old 2022-04-12, 03:15   Link #25
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes. I didn't know about any of that (well, I did from reading the manga). It's not like we have LINE over there, and even in Japan I think it's mostly used by teenagers.
hmm...but Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal have the same features.
Old 2022-04-12, 06:49   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
hmm...but Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal have the same features.
Never used any of those.
Old 2022-04-15, 12:06   Link #27
Frontier

Shirogane and Osaragi just want to make Iino and Ishigami get along! The two of them go out of their way to help each other behind each others' backs but fight like cats and dogs in front of one another because they're too prideful to just come out and say it while complaining about a lack of thanks...these two deserve each other .

Time for the friendship game! I love how they call the game stupid and want nothing to do with it until they find out Shirogane came up with it. "Not even Chika Fujiwara is that stupid!" Man, what a burn .

Well, good on Ishigami for genuinely complimenting Iino...but Iino couldn't come up with anything so they went back to square one .

As this went along this felt less like friendship and more like them doing couple things. Ear cleaning? Princess carry? Come on. Although because of how much they detest each other, it was utterly priceless how they went around having any kind of physical contact or intimate moment between them .

Osaragi with the finish by turning them into complimentary robots by insinuating they have belligerent sexual tension. She knows how to handle that type from all her years with Iino .

Karaoke is a classic recreational past time for teenagers, and Shirogane is finally in the mood for it, but when it turns out to probably be a group date, Kaguya won't stand for her man being surrounded by other girls. Of course, she also is too dignified to attend a group date of lustful men herself, so she just siccs Hayasaka...I mean, Herthaka to make sure to keep Shirogane away from girls and out of trouble .

I love how Hayasaka is maximizing her role as the girl Shirogane dumped to make him feel awkward and then finally drops the act when she starts complaining about her "little sister" who made her attend this. Shirogane wants to get to know the real Hayasaka, but Hayasaka doesn't believe you can truly love someone without playing a part or hiding your true self, and she's been acting for probably most of her life at this point .

But whether she's right or not, Shirogane will help her out when she's accosted by a pushy guy...and in a fit, Hayasaka takes Shirogane all to herself while Kaguya is, unsurprisingly, there on-top of the building and listening in to what's going on the whole time .

Lot of people making out behind closed doors at a karaoke place...

Kaguya so desperate to stop whatever Hayasaka is doing behind closed doors and possibly getting busy with the President while not seeming like a stalker that she'll even rope in Fujiwara into this .

Phrasing! But in reality, it wasn't Shirogane's sexual inpetitude or huge Shirogane that left Hayasaka despondent, but his horrible rapping skills. And hearing about Shirogane's singing triggers Fujiwara's PTSD .

Hayasaka and Kaguya really are sisters! The kind who know each other in and out, tease each other, but still are there for each other in the end .

The new ED feels like a sequel to the ED of season 1, only now it's a full Sci-Fi, fantasy, romance anime with war and action animation...and Fujiwara in a bald cap. It was nice to see everybody but the clincher is the ending scene of Shirogane waking up from his dream to see a stunning Kaguya smiling right at him. So adorable .
Old 2022-04-15, 18:17   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hayasaka got a lot of screentime, so it was a great episode. Hard to blame her for wanting to get back at Kaguya for everything she makes her endure, she didn't deserve to be "punished" this way...
Old 2022-04-15, 20:51   Link #29
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Hayasaka she really didnt deserve Miyuki singing
Old 2022-04-15, 20:59   Link #30
Wandering Soul

True, but she ultimately and unfortunately brought it on herself.
Old 2022-04-15, 21:54   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I must admit this sort of thing like in the first part annoys me. People forgetting, failing or even here refusing to say something then getting mad that the other party doesn’t react in a way that would be natural if and only if they knew. They both care a great deal about each other and watch out for one another, but they get furious the other won’t appreciate actions they’re desperate to ensure the other never knows about. If they knew how much the other has been looking out for them they’d be way closer no problem. The whole issue is that no one is willing to tell them. If I was Miyuki or Osaragi, I wouldn’t be able to take it. I’d just up and tell them both the truth and see where it went.
Old 2022-04-15, 23:33   Link #32
Frontier

I honestly didn't know Yumiri Hanamori could sing so well...
Old 2022-04-16, 00:36   Link #33
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Ah.. Miyuki's singing. The legendary inhuman torture skill. Hayasaka walked right into it. Chika still suffers PTSD from having to endure it while teaching him.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 01:20   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can't blame Hayasaka for being pissed. She does have to put up with a lot over the course of this show. She did have to pay for her vengeance by the end. But at least she did basically give Kaguya a heart attack by implying that she'd go all out for the seduction this time. And if nothing else she did get across that she was angry.

My condolences to Chika who will probably get dragged into helping Shirogane master the art of rap...oh joy.

Ishigami and Iino really are something. It is a shame that she couldn't actually come up with a compliment. Of course things have to fall apart when they are looking good. But considering how far she goes for him (in ways that aren't noticed) she probably should be able to come up with something positive. At least it did allow for some great hilarity as they utterly refused physical contact.
Old 2022-04-16, 09:25   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I suspect if she really did think about it long and hard she'd be able to come up with stuff. It's clear she doesn't hate him from the way she's supported him as well as the way she tried to cheer for him in the sports festival. But just putting someone on the spot like that can narrow a lot of people's vision, leaving them unable to find anything. That, and we already know she doesn't want to admit to some of the things she does like about him. Remember how she felt that his fried rice was a ten, but chose to give it a zero because she was too embarrassed anticipating his reaction.
Old 2022-04-16, 11:59   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I suspect if she really did think about it long and hard she'd be able to come up with stuff. It's clear she doesn't hate him from the way she's supported him as well as the way she tried to cheer for him in the sports festival. But just putting someone on the spot like that can narrow a lot of people's vision, leaving them unable to find anything. That, and we already know she doesn't want to admit to some of the things she does like about him. Remember how she felt that his fried rice was a ten, but chose to give it a zero because she was too embarrassed anticipating his reaction.
Iino really loves her tsun tsun .
Old 2022-04-16, 17:44   Link #37
Dextro
He Without a Title

That ending sequence! I'm going nuts here with the brilliance! This is amazing!

Spoiler for Ending Sequence:

11/10! Not only did we get a Hayasaka episode (best girl) but that ED as well? AOTS right here.
Old 2022-04-16, 20:13   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That ending sequence! I'm going nuts here with the brilliance! This is amazing!

Spoiler for Ending Sequence:

11/10! Not only did we get a Hayasaka episode (best girl) but that ED as well? AOTS right here.
The best part is its a sequel to the ED of the first season .
Old 2022-04-17, 12:24   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Spoiler for Crossover noone asked for, but I like it.:
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 14:05   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Spoiler for Crossover noone asked for, but I like it.:
...I'm amazed how well this works. Honestly I think the seiyuu probably could have pulled it off as well .

Tags
rom com