AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-03, 19:31   Link #21
Alchemist007
*Author

Can't believe it's been a decade since Kanketsu hen. First ep was ok, certainly feels like Kanketsu pacing too.
Old 2020-10-03, 20:44   Link #22
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the introductions of the original characters just wondering how much they going to use them
Old 2020-10-04, 00:06   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it was ok. At least functioned as a decent epilogue episode for the original series. Can't go wrong with the original cast even if this is likely the last significant moments they are going to get from here on out.

Good bit of action for them. A pretty well established team that could handle a situation like this. Just a really troublesome threat that wasn't going away without being a pain. A nice run of nostalgia since it has been quite some time since the show finished up its run.

Will have to see how episode two goes. The main trio here is fine. Definitely not going to hold up in comparison, but no telling how decent they will be until we get some more focus put on them. Got to sink or swim at some point.
Old 2020-10-04, 01:01   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The problem is you're introducing a series of material that's going to be written by (going by past performance at least) mediocrities with material written by Rumiko. It was good, sure - but what does that tell you about the rest of the series? Not much, unfortunately.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 02:06   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Eh, Yashahime doesn't need to be highbrow to serve its purpose as a sequel show. It just needs to be fun & entertaining, especially considering the parent show, Inuyasha, itself is far from a masterpiece.
Old 2020-10-04, 03:48   Link #26
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Eh, Yashahime doesn't need to be highbrow to serve its purpose as a sequel show. It just needs to be fun & entertaining, especially considering the parent show, Inuyasha, itself is far from a masterpiece.
based on the little we seen of the 3 heroines do you think yashahime have a potential even if it looks simplistic and 3 girls only?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 04:16   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ The potential is always there. It all depends on the execution of the next episode onwards whether the 3 girls can carry the show or not.
Old 2020-10-04, 04:37   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Who said anything about highbrow?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 05:53   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Who said anything about highbrow?
The tone of your comment pointing out that Yashahime is written by mediocrities implies that you want Yashahime to be something more.

Well, as long as the protags are better, it's enough for me.
Old 2020-10-04, 19:48   Link #30
mergele

Collecting that Inuyasha nostalgia hard, but seems like a fun and solid shonen regardless.
And Sunrise proving once again that they are the mightiest by demonstrating that even today solid animation can still be done.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 21:29   Link #31
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I dunno about this one, I remember the characters, but the plot is nonexistent, and expectations (from nostalgia) even less so.
Old 2020-10-06, 18:29   Link #32
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

After browsing a while it seems Latin America + Asia and a part of Europe are OK with Rin being Sesshomaru's wife and mother of his children while North America and part of Europa isn't. Well, they know they audience.
Old 2020-10-07, 22:22   Link #33
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
After browsing a while it seems Latin America + Asia and a part of Europe are OK with Rin being Sesshomaru's wife and mother of his children while North America and part of Europa isn't. Well, they know they audience.
They say that but I can assure you that they are going to flip is shit if it turns out Rin isn't as she was basically pivotal in Sesshomaru character development and the only one than actually makes actual sense as until the end of the series Sesshomaru still didn't like humans. So is pure hypocrisy of them I tell you.

------

Well, this really felt like one episode of Inuyasha. I said this because I marathon all of Inuyasha like like a pair of days before this. For a few lines in this episode they could actually approach the full of the time travel plot that the prequel didn't. Adventures in the present if the synopsis is to be believed, or something about Sesshomaru mother as this is a good opportunity. Depends in how ambitious this is trying to be...better be ready for dissapointment anyway.

Please leave Naraku ded.

Last edited by alex_drian; 2020-10-07 at 22:39. Reason: Please use the [edit] button to add content to your post instead of double-posting.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 00:19   Link #34
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

Please leave Naraku ded.
*laughs in barrier*
Old 2020-10-08, 14:26   Link #35
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first episode was pure fanservice. I kinda wonder how would this series be taken if the cast of Inuyasha weren't related to them. I mean, Takahashi has created so many characters in her career that you see the same guys again.
Old 2020-10-10, 05:42   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh, they start with the centi-lady like the original. Neat. But damn, what kind of bully kidnap the whole family of the bullied? That part of the writing really feels straight from the 90s . And the dialogues feel a bit to exposition-y.

I gotta say, the OP & ED don't really live up to the original show but the protags are not infuriating so far. So that makes up for it.
Old 2020-10-10, 07:44   Link #37
charles883

Its seems to be that Inuyasha, Kagome and Sesshomaru were erase from everyone memory as Kohaku dont even recognize Moroha. I mean her robe and her power are dead giveaway that she Inuyasha child.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 08:19   Link #38
Tenzen12

Well, they probably just didn't keep in touch, though I really wonder why.
Old 2020-10-10, 08:25   Link #39
charles883

Yeah I mean Sango, Kohaku sister were live together with Inuyasha family and Kohaku and Sesshomaru constantly visit them, yet Kohaku seems forgot that Inuyasha and Kagome exist. Its seems Setsuna forget her sister Towa is key to solve that missing memory and where and why the cast dissappear to?

Let see ep 3 to see whether or not Kaede remenber them or not?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 08:31   Link #40
zztop

Quote:
[YT][url]

Oh, they start with the centi-lady like the original. Neat. But damn, what kind of bully kidnap the whole family of the bullied? That part of the writing really feels straight from the 90s . And the dialogues feel a bit to exposition-y.
The bullies (and Towa's schoolteacher) all look like they came straight from a Takahashi 90s manga.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote