Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-06, 18:03   Link #21
HandofFate

It was good seeing Ryo's side of things
Old 2021-04-07, 13:48   Link #22
grecefar

Still fluffy and funny but I'm worried about that new guy that now know about them, I just hope he is not a rival and he is just a shipper like ryo.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 23:28   Link #23
Greenish Growth

Was that Jouji Nakata voicing the father?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 00:00   Link #24
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Was that Jouji Nakata voicing the father?
Yes, it was.
Old 2021-04-12, 09:58   Link #25
Frontier

Kai seems set to be the "conventional" love interest for Ichika. He's her classmate, they share the same interests, he's voiced by Junya Enoki, he seems like a perfectly valid romantic option for Ichika...it just seems too bad that's very likely not happening. Must be pretty surreal to get pushed into the classmate zone by an adult man though .

Ichika is feeling more comfortable with Ryo, whether it be taking his phone calls sooner or just in general being around him. I mean, she'd still rather he not be himself, but he's growing on her .

I would think the sincerity of Ryo's feelings would be evident at this point, but I think it's understandable that Ichika would still be wary that he might be messing with her and having a game at her expense. Although thinking that way ended up genuinely hurting Ryo's feelings, but it's good that Ichika apologized .

Well, I guess it's nice that Ryo is still turned on by Ichika even when she's sick, and went to all that trouble to take care of her. And now he's on first name basis with Ichika's mom, which I'm sure will end well .

Gotta appreciate a guy to some extent who will give you a helpful and efficient study guide, even roping in his buddy to make sure it has a nice cover .
Old 2021-04-12, 10:24   Link #26
grecefar

I'm sad that guy is going to be a love rival, I hate love triagle but seems that ichika won't care about him after this chapter since she is little by little getting feelings for ryo.

No mention that rio is there to make it happen since she ship those two.
Old 2021-04-12, 12:43   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do kind of feel bad for Kai. If he was the protagonist or even main love interest in a series I'd likely be pulling for him. But the main pair of this show is kind of impossible for me to hate so I want to see how things unfold there. Good guy though.

Loved the camera angles as Ichika was hammered with a shocking question. Also her mixed feelings about Ryo's study guide being so darn good that she destroyed that test .

The issue they had was a good one. It really let them face some legitimate issues. Also shows that not necessarily everything is ok for Ryo to take. Makes sense that his intention being misunderstood would hit hard. As warped as he is, the guy is legitimately serious about it.
Old 2021-04-12, 13:05   Link #28
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do kind of feel bad for Kai. If he was the protagonist or even main love interest in a series I'd likely be pulling for him. But the main pair of this show is kind of impossible for me to hate so I want to see how things unfold there. Good guy though.
really a good guy?, after what he pull telling ichika that ryo was just playing with her? when he doesn't know anything about ryo?, it was a shitty move in my opinion.
Old 2021-04-12, 13:29   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
really a good guy?, after what he pull telling ichika that ryo was just playing with her? when he doesn't know anything about ryo?, it was a shitty move in my opinion.
I think it's a reasonable assumption from an outsiders perspective, especially with the age gap.
Old 2021-04-13, 00:12   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Calling it a shitty move seems a bit overboard . That would be a pretty sensible belief from his point of view. And it isn't like he goes to any extreme actions. Just expresses concern and a warning. Ichika is the one who should have had a decent idea of Ryo's intentions and even she thought that he really was messing with her.

All Kai's done so far is express concern, not get upset about being nailed in the face with a ball, lending his collection to Ichika and not freaking out over the arguably excessive stare down from Ryo. Motivated plenty by having an interest in the girl to be sure, but that's hardly a bad thing. So yeah, at this point I'm going with the very bold stance that Kai is a decent guy.

I'll certainly re-assess if he starts egging Ryo's house though .
Old 2021-04-13, 00:16   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Rather, if you don't know anything about a guy, and this guy is getting touchy with a girl you like, and this guy isn't exactly a peer, I think being worried is in the okay zone.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-19, 09:55   Link #32
Frontier

It's Christmas time and the perfect time for girls to talk about their ideal guy. Satsuki wants the classic high school boyfriend, Ruri is into classy older gentelman, Ichika wants the exact opposite of Ryo (which is basically Kai), and Rio is into...sumo wrestlers. To be honest, I'm not surprised Rio's standard for men is a tad unconventional. Somehow it fits .

Seems the ladies of Ryo's office have all agreed he's out of their league, so better to watch and admire him from afar, but that doesn't stop office gossip from finding out about Ichika and then assuming she's a sexy, onee-san, teacher type .

I feel bad for Tamaru. He's such a nice guy and seems like a solid choice for Ichika, and doesn't deserve being intimidated by an older male rival, but he's probably not going to win. Even his conversations with Ichika get her thinking about her relationship with Ryo and Rio basically wards him off when she gets an inkling he might like Ichika .

Kana Hanazawa is in this? I don't think they'd have her for a bit part, so I wonder if Arietty is going to be Ryo's Tamaru equivalent ?

It was cute that both Ichika and Ryo wanted to get each other gifts for Christmas, and were able to do it at such a romantic spot under the tree, but it's even cuter that they were so grateful for all that Rio's done for them that they'd want to have a Christmas party with her. Seeing all three of them together, it almost feels like Ichika is part of the family already .
Old 2021-04-19, 12:48   Link #33
grecefar

I'm going to drop this, I watched thinking in a comedy fluff anime because ryo is a funny guy but adding kai just ruined for me. I hate love triagles and I'm starting to dislike ichika and I'm not going to stay only for ryo and I just don't want to see future drama between those three.
Old 2021-04-19, 21:54   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Of course Rio is into sumo wrestlers . To be fair those guys deserve love too considering the effort they put into their sport.

I'm really just glad that Rio is getting the love she deserved here. This girl has done a lot for Ichika and her brother. In part she's having fun with it so that's some benefit for her. But she is doing a fair amount and is making sure things don't cross to the point where Ichika is legitimately upset. So long as she's not actually wanting Ryo to vanish from the planet it's good. And it's justified to spend Christmas with her considering all she did for them.

Yeah, Kai is still a perfectly decent guy. Which is why he's doomed to lose here . He's up against someone who knows exactly how they feel and is willing to go all out. I don't love him getting intimidated here since he's already at a disadvantage. But at the same time I don't see them taking this triangle too seriously Kai is just getting a grip on his feelings and working up the nerve to even ask serious questions from Ichika. By the time he's ready to try confessing it will be way too late.

Honestly I really liked the whole Christmas thing. Ichika can say what she wants, but she doesn't hate Ryo and she's growing to like him. This present exchange will be with the both of them for a while and should really help move things along.

That was a good episode. Had a nice time and smiled quite a bit.
Old 2021-04-23, 18:14   Link #35
Itlandm
Porcupine

I just couldn't get through the first episode, I was so embarrassed on behalf of the male lead. Or whatever he was supposed to be. I tend to like Japanese comedy, but this one just made me cringe over and over until I gave up. I don't think I've felt this ashamed on behalf of a character since Watamote.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-24, 04:28   Link #36
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

tried, but not my cup of tea. Dropped.

this and Sayonara Cramer are the only ones I dropped for this season.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 09:59   Link #37
Frontier

Well, it's a good thing Masuda didn't tell Ryo about being on Ichika's school trip, because he probably would have found some way to hijack it. He even asked his boss if he could take a trip down there. At least Rio was nice enough to send him some pics .

So Matsushima is a closet anime Otaku? Something she actually has in common with Ichika, they even watch the same show. And Ryo having gotten into it for the sake of Ichika gives him something to bond with Matsushima over, and she seems drawn to the fact that he didn't judge her for her hobby and wants to talk with her about it. I kind of want her and Ichika to meet but I also know that her feelings for Ryo are probably not going to end well .

Man, Ichika and Tamaru just felt so wholesome in this episode, from their aquarium date, to them going on a nerd pilgrimage to find real life spots from an anime movie, and then Tamaru awkwardly grabbing Ichika's arm when he feels like he needs to protect her...he even managed to get Ichika to blush. It's just too bad I don't see things progressing positively for him from here .

Ichika can't help herself from comparing Tamaru and Ryo, as one is prone to do when they have two guys vying for her affections, but Ryo managed to one-up Tamaru by actually holding Ichika's hands. Of course, then she finally threatens to call the police on him, but still .

What a perfect film to watch amidst romantic woes than a Japanese remake of Casablanca where Ryo can projoect himself, Ichika, and Tamaru as the leads .
Old 2021-04-26, 13:21   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Probably was for the best not to let Ryo know about the trip . Besides it actually still worked out alright. Having some distance from Ryo did stimulate things a bit. If she is starting to miss him when he isn't around then things are looking ok for Ryo.

But of course it isn't that simple. Of course they are going to push things along with Kai to make him a bit more of a legitimate rival. Certainly puts Ichika in an interesting spot since they do contrast so seriously. The immature and lacking in confidence younger guy her age vs the passionate and confident older guy.

Well there's no doubt about how this will work out. But may have to brace for some drama before getting there.
Old 2021-04-26, 22:41   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

He might be creepily aggressive in his approach, but when you see him taking care to put attention into small details to please her, dang, I can't fault him.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 09:54   Link #40
Frontier

Matsushima's at the point where she's unconsciously trying to make herself look prettier whenever she sees Ryo. She's got it bad .

I can totally relate to trying to figure out what anime to watch in an upcoming season and trying to get recommendations. Also, even though it is just to be able to better talk to Ichika, he also specifies that he does genuinely enjoy anime now, in case you were wondering .

Ryo is really winning over Ichika's mom, although at least he knows better than to crash a girls slumber party. His sister is already treating herself like she's a daughter-in-law, so no need to rush .

Is Ryo and Rio's dad going to be the "final boss" standing in the way or Ichika and Ryo's relationship? I wonder if they get their blonde hair from their mother ?

Kai exhibiting strong, attractive, male power with his soccer prowess, impressing all the girls. He's also firm on his feelings for Ichika, he just hasn't confessed to her yet. Although she still ends up taking what he does and comparing it to Ryo, and he loses the game immediately after she leaves. Tough break, buddy .

Ryo looks really good in a ponytail .

Matsushima has a pretty good wingwoman who would drag off the guys so she can spend some quality time with Ryo, and then even cheers for her .

Matsushima and Ryo looked pretty good drinking together at that classy bar. Once again we seem to have a pair that would, on-paper, seemingly work very well and be cute together, but is probably not in the cards. Matsushima even finds out that Ryo doesn't have a girlfriend but someone he's crushing on that's similar to Matsushima, which has got to hurt on some level. But she takes it in stride and, knowing it's not requited yet, decides that there's at least some chance she can win and is determined to make that a reality. I can respect that if nothing else. Well, that and her actually googling how to win over a guy in love with someone else .

Tags
rom com