AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-12, 01:13   Link #21
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

That escalated really fast, looks like they have plans for Diablomon if they had Argomon take his place
Old 2020-04-12, 01:27   Link #22
Marina2

Wait....They already managed to evolve to ultimate form??
Old 2020-04-12, 01:46   Link #23
tsunade666

oh geez. omegamon already. that escalated fast in battle levels. then again, being realistic, you can't expect your enemy to be the same level as you. cautious hero thought me that when general level shows up in starting village.

nice actions but none stop actions. I had watched episode 1 and 2 and there is no stop in between with the nuclear missile being lunch by the end of the episode. I know I sometimes said that the pacing is slow but this is fast.
Old 2020-04-12, 01:51   Link #24
GDB

They went straight from Champion/Adult to Omnimon.

Gotta say, this feels like a bad fanfic that crosses between how the mangas usually go and the Story games, all while using the Adventure cast. There's no sense of wonder or mystery; it's just battle after battle and ass-pulling power/evolutions with no rhyme or reason.

I honestly don't see how they make this interesting going forward without implying that this is all some sort of virtual scenario by evil Gennai looping their consciousnesses through a different timeline to either find their weakness or a way to break them. This would explain why it's so different, why they can get so much power so fast, and still keep it canon.

I doubt that will be the case, though. I feel like this is just trying to use the rule of cool to Michael Bay up Digimon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 11:38   Link #25
Galaxian

The scene where Argomon digivolves to mega and the missile is launched was kind of kind of creepy and ominous. I actually really like it since it reminded of of something out Tamers.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 12:45   Link #26
Amarantine

Yeah, not a fan of Yamato's new personality. He was a fairly sociable kid and perfectly capable of smiling (this is him introducing himself in episode 1 of the original). But now he's a stereotypical perpetually frowning antisocial rival ala Sasuke. Just... why?
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 12:56   Link #27
Wandering Soul

This second episode is the embodiment of things escalating quickly. Not only are they trying to stop a missile from wiping out a entire city, but they already went all the way to Omnimon. Hopefully it's a temporary power up and they have to slowly work their way up again
Old 2020-04-12, 14:34   Link #28
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Having watched both episodes, I'm excited, confused and a bit scared at the same time. I don't know the episode count, but even if its only 12

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Ironically enough, this has already gone off the rails. Not sure if that's good or bad, though, because, once again, ironically, this doesn't feel like good old digimon despite the parallels.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-12, 17:04   Link #29
Galaxian

They could explain Omegamon's early appearance away. For example they could say that Gennai or Homeostasis intervened and allowed them to temporarily reach that level.

However, another issues is that, if they are willing to show off Omegamon so soon, I hope that they have something worthwhile to reveal later. Whether is new power-ups for Omegamon or new fusions involving the rest of the cast.
Old 2020-04-12, 21:45   Link #30
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They sure wanted a proper departure from the original series with this reboot. My only complaint so far is how fast Taichi acts. It's like the writing is forcing him to befriend everybody he meets randomly. Almost like V-Tamer Taichi. The scenario seems like a mix between Hosoda's film and Tamers' villains.
Old 2020-04-13, 08:16   Link #31
alex_drian

Damnit Omegamon, I like you and everything but why-you-have-to be-such-attention-whore.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-13, 12:03   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok...where the heck is the story going? At one point I was simply concerned that they were going to go Ultimate in Episode 3. Hahaha, what a silly notion . Obviously the only option here was to go Omnimon in episode 2!

We haven't even gathered the main cast, met the other digimon, or even had them evolve to rookies. Going straight to the post-game and the movie plot lines.

Now, changing things up a bit isn't a terrible thing. If you are going to remake something, some variety is good. I'm just legitimately uncertain where they are going with all this. Has someone written a plot for this story or are the writers just winging it episode by episode?
Old 2020-04-13, 13:28   Link #33
Blueknight78

now i'm really ultra confuse, it's not sure the "last episode of the whole serie?????, as the others noted how things scalated too quick and crazy, going from graymon to omegamon??? in just 2 epsiodes??, this is not a cautious hero episode??, this enemy have "so many evolutions" which don't even make any sense, basically give-up if he gonna keep "evolving each time they beat him", things are really crazy and i don't even know how to react, really honestly i don't know if i liked that 2 ultra rushed insane fast pace episodes", where i really feel like a whole 200 to 400 episoddes have passed instead of just 2 episodes and as the others noted the full group is not even formed, this will now somehow killed all the "others forms", like war graymon, or metal garurumon or even the others choose ones digimons, when you already showed "the end game" in the 2 first episodes.

i will give it the 3 to 5 episodes rules to see if i wil drop it at last for now, before decide if the serie is good or just a asspull party, with many "evolutions" coming out of nowhere just for the sake of "cool rules".
Old 2020-04-13, 22:45   Link #34
AnimeFan188

Gizmodo article:

Digimon Adventure: Upped Its Game By Focusing on the Real World

"Toei’s Digimon reboot could have easily just been a rehashing of the original story
with a fresh coat of present-day animation slapped on top of it. Thankfully, the new
series has endeavored to go for something much more fascinating: a take on the
Digital World with connections to the real world that make the Digidestined’s battles
have immediate impact beyond the kids.

At the same time that Digimon Adventure:’s first two episodes have introduced a
number of the franchise’s most iconic characters, like Taichi, Yamato, and Koushiro,
the series has also made it abundantly apparent that the story being told is distinct
from its predecessor. Because the show’s set in the modern day, the kids’ relationship
to the internet is profoundly deeper, and while they don’t at all have a solid
understanding of the Digital World itself, they do understand that data is power in the
sense that it correlates to physical things and processes in the real world that people
rely on."

See:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/digimon-adve...-re-1842847047
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-16, 12:13   Link #35
Galaxian

I wonder if Omegamon will speak, because as far as I can remember, Adventure's Omegamon never actually spoke in the Japanese version.
Old 2020-04-17, 12:05   Link #36
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I wonder if Omegamon will speak, because as far as I can remember, Adventure's Omegamon never actually spoke in the Japanese version.
Oh really? I didn't know that. I remember the Omegamon of the Digimon The Movie hybrid released in America shouting the name of his attacks.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 17:57   Link #37
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Oh really? I didn't know that. I remember the Omegamon of the Digimon The Movie hybrid released in America shouting the name of his attacks.
He calls out his own name upon digivolving too, but in the Japanese version he never says a worth. In fact, the scene comes off very different between the Japanese and English versions.

Omegamon also stays silent throughout all of his appearances in Tri and, as far as I can remember, in Revenge of Diaboromon.
Old 2020-04-18, 13:29   Link #38
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Gizmodo article:

Digimon Adventure: Upped Its Game By Focusing on the Real World

"Toei’s Digimon reboot could have easily just been a rehashing of the original story
with a fresh coat of present-day animation slapped on top of it. Thankfully, the new
series has endeavored to go for something much more fascinating: a take on the
Digital World with connections to the real world that make the Digidestined’s battles
have immediate impact beyond the kids.

At the same time that Digimon Adventure:’s first two episodes have introduced a
number of the franchise’s most iconic characters, like Taichi, Yamato, and Koushiro,
the series has also made it abundantly apparent that the story being told is distinct
from its predecessor. Because the show’s set in the modern day, the kids’ relationship
to the internet is profoundly deeper, and while they don’t at all have a solid
understanding of the Digital World itself, they do understand that data is power in the
sense that it correlates to physical things and processes in the real world that people
rely on."

See:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/digimon-adve...-re-1842847047
Reminds me of Appmon. Speaking of which, hope we get a sequel.
Old 2020-04-18, 19:20   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

They sure are going fast with the evolutions, wonder how many eps they're doing.
Old 2020-04-18, 22:29   Link #40
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Extended Episode 4 preview

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote