AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-12, 20:58   Link #21
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Real lessons in Statistics and Science!!! What is this?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 00:19   Link #22
Frontier

This felt like Kaguya-sama if the leads managed to confess to each other in the first episode but were still idiots in love about it before they could actually get together. Which is to say this seems set to be a very cute and hilarious romance anime .

Himuro seems fairly confident in her love for Yukimura, so it seems like she's more going along with all these tests Yukimura insists on as far as proving their love just as an excuse to get to act out all her romantic fantasies. Yukimura seems to be getting there himself as things go along .

Kanade is a pretty solid and cute straight woman to the antics of our main pair, with some believable and well-timed reactions to their overdoing it in the name of proving their love. She's also got a mean judo throw .

Ibarada probably feels pretty relatable to all the gamers out there, and she seems to know just what to do to spice things up with everyone. Himuro and Kanade are awesome, but I have a feeling Ibarada's going to be the Dark Horse Best Girl of the series .

Is that Macho guy in the Opening the teacher Kanade was in love with in high school? Or is he the Ikeda the lab is named after ?

The Opening kind of points to Ibarada and Kosuke being the second main pairing, and they're apparently childhood friends. Although it'll be interesting to see how a relationship develops between a guy in love with 2D girls and a girl who's into BL. Though maybe Kosuke's taste in Heroine's is already an indication of how he really feels .

It was kind of nice to see Yukimura defend Kosuke's Gal Game hobby instead of just treating him like a creep like is the common preconception for those types. Of course, he then threw Kosuke under the bus the moment he realized Himuro felt bad about it .

I'm glad Kanade figured out the obvious fact that kid!Himuro met kid!Yukimura. I almost wish she had just verbalized it while the two were arguing about him .
Old 2020-01-13, 03:43   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Kanade is the most precious cinnamon roll of the series, too precious for this zany lab.

Also, I love how they turned Himuro's ponytail into essentially functioning as a dog tail, it makes Himuro's reactions 100% more expressive

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-13, 17:34   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, I love how they turned Himuro's ponytail into essentially functioning as a dog tail, it makes Himuro's reactions 100% more expressive
I also love how they question how it even moves like that .
Old 2020-01-13, 20:25   Link #25
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Ohhh man, the presentation is dry, I drifted off in 5 minutes in the first episode and can't watch more.

I'm trying to think why this doesn't work for me but Kaguya-sama does. I guess it's the lack of narrator and too much emphasis on numbers.

Besides, it's been proven that there's a surefire way to make 2 people fall in love with each other by asking 36 questions and doing some stuff.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-14, 12:25   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Watched ep3. In the first part, I was back "WTH are they doing? Isn't it obvious that love isn't the only factor to how much money you've spent, or how many times you've fallen asleep while holding the other?"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-17, 13:46   Link #27
Blueknight78

hmm so far after episode 4 it's being fun, comparing with the manga source, they made some "small changes" here and there, if i'm not wrong, in the manga the male mc was more "open" to his feelings like the mc female, he not was that "tsundere", they fight was more like "who is more in love with the other" than just being in love, they keep fighting tryint to proof which they feelings are real and strong than the other, here the guy is more "tsundere" while the girl more open, it's make the guy more annoying in general for me, but not a really big deal.
Old 2020-01-17, 14:24   Link #28
Lex79

What gives you a tsundere vibe from Yukimura? Sure, he often gets embarassed because he has no experience with girls, but he's honestly trying his best to understand his feelings in his own scientific way.
Old 2020-01-17, 14:41   Link #29
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
What gives you a tsundere vibe from Yukimura? Sure, he often gets embarassed because he has no experience with girls, but he's honestly trying his best to understand his feelings in his own scientific way.
because he "keep's" holding back his feelings, as we see he never adimited being in love with her like she did to him, but in the manga he actually did it too, as i told in the manga is more like a "battle" between then to proof which one loves more the other than just use science to proof love, he is much more open than here where's the plot is more about "they proofing" if her feelings toward him are real, in the manga is both of them trying to proof they feelings not just her, to be clear in anime he also is trying to proof his feelings but is much more subtetly than the manga where he also openly told her which loves her in the same way she did with him and it was what started all the funny things.

it's a long time since i read it don't remember all for sure.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2020-01-17 at 15:01.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-17, 16:06   Link #30
Lex79

Spoiler for comparison between the first 4 episodes and manga:
Old 2020-01-17, 17:52   Link #31
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Spoiler for comparison between the first 4 episodes and manga:
yeah after check again since was sometime since i read that manga and i confused this serie with another serie, yeah it make me remember why i ended only reading few chapters and dropped.
Old 2020-01-19, 00:24   Link #32
Frontier

Of course these two would plan out their details to the exact detail...and even wear their labcoats in public .

Ibarada and Kosuke seemed to really get along as kids, although it must have been weird when Ibarada never grew past when they were kids .

Himuro in casual clothes .

I've never seen graphs used to ward off a guy trying to pickup a girl, but shows that two-timer right .

I love how Yukimura was freaking out over the rides more then Himuro was .

What a sweet way to end the episode. The Ferris Wheel is the ultimate date moment, even for these idiotic science types in love .
Old 2020-01-19, 19:11   Link #33
Decel

I definitely prefer this over Kaguya-sama, having seen ep 4. The lack of narration and the seemingly faster tempo helps a lot.
Old 2020-01-24, 21:23   Link #34
Frontier

That girl goes through the cliche'd anime meet cute, gets a science lecture by Yukimura to make her feel better...and then just derisively calls him a nerd. The nerve of that girl .

The funniest part of this show is these two scientists having trying to matter-of-factly go over all their lovey-dovey moments for the purpose of this experiment .

Professor Ikeda is like Professor Hulk. He's even got green hair. He's also the only one in the cast who's married, so he's probably got his own valid perspective on love and romance that will be valuable to Yukimura and Himuro's experiment .

I guess they weren't planning on jealousy when they came up with these pairing experiments .

Ibarada and Kosuke get their relationship moment in this episode, by basically daring each other to make the other feel something from acting romantically. We also get some of their history together, like how they were close as kids to when they were apparently close enough for Ibarada to help Kosuke play Gal Games .

Ibarada continues to be ever unflappable. I'm wondering if there's anything that can make her drop her cool, intelligent, demeanor that's not an act, and if Kosuke is part of it .
Old 2020-02-01, 12:36   Link #35
James Rye

Ah man, those dorks are great for a laugh. I love how in the end our main couple was only 3rd in ranking, hilarious. XDDD
Old 2020-02-02, 00:24   Link #36
Frontier

I love how this show takes established romance concepts/cliche's and have our protagonists over-analyze them to the point of utter comedy .

Look at Ibarada, just casually stealing Himuro's First Kiss like it's nothing .

The funniest part of the pairings were how much some of them would try and get around having to actually kiss on the lips .

I don't think Himuro or Yukimura were prepared for their own jealousy when they enlisted the rest of the lab in these experiments .

I love how Himuro just straight up stopped caring and demanded the kiss. Girl knows what she wants. Although for now she'll settle for a kiss to her hair .
Old 2020-02-02, 02:00   Link #37
Lex79

Why didn't I get to spend my university days at Ikeda's lab?
Anyway, the episodes are funny as usual, especially the part where Himuro kept interfering with Yukimura being fed.
Old 2020-02-07, 23:54   Link #38
Frontier

I was expecting them to all go to a bar, but I should've know that these science-types would end up just sitting at the lab, eating pizza, and drinking out of wine glasses .

It was fun getting to see everyone's drunk sides. Himuro can only maintain her composure for a few minutes before she turns into an affectionate mess. Kosuke reverts back to a child still obsessed with his childhood friend possibly leaving home. Kanade turns belligerent. Ibarada is still Ibarada. I guess we should be glad Ikeda slept instead of going full-on Hulk on everybody .

Ibarada sure didn't seem to mind Kosuke fawning over her...although it's Ibarada, so she might just like watching Kosuke make a fool of himself .

We also get more indications that something happened to Kanade in the past, and that part of her cute and normal demeanor might be a mask to try not to stand out like she did before. Did she possibly judo flip her teacher in high school ?

Thank goodness Yukimura didn't drink. It's good to always have someone sober to make sure to remember all the embarrassing stuff they'll forget in the morning .

Strike a pose for a mugshot! Getting to see all the cast's heights was pretty neat, although is that Himuro's height without heels ?

Who would've thought you could make the most famous fairy tales hilarious by just adding science-types in the major roles? And then they have to justify all the outrageous stuff through science, so the fairy godmother magic is nuclear science, the princes' search for Cinderella turns into CSI, Kaguya-hime becomes an astronaut, and the story of the crane ends on a happy note .
Old 2020-02-08, 08:13   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't get it. Where did the Science-type woman get the energy to melt snow?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 11:13   Link #40
Lex79

Oh man when Yukimura entered the room I was totally expecting to see a crane and not all those machi dry, and I started laughing so hard. This series is fantastic.

Tags
rom com, science