3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-02, 21:12   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, you kind of have to question where she'd get a retractable helmet in that time period. Then you remember the latest transformers film and cringe.
Yeah, that type of technology seems beyond that era, but then again this is the same franchise that tells us that King Arthur and Emperor Nero were girls so I don't think they are too worried about historical accuracy.
Old 2017-07-02, 22:17   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, that type of technology seems beyond that era, but then again this is the same franchise that tells us that King Arthur and Emperor Nero were girls so I don't think they are too worried about historical accuracy.
Yep. The Fate franchise already threw IRL history & legends outta the window the moment they make Arthur a girl and Medusa a chain-wielding pegasus-riding dominatrix ninja . By that point, people should stop expecting more than a passing resemblance of historic era logic in this franchise. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nasu’s version of the middle age has giant mechas in it and they put on some excuse about them being golems or something. Heck, Gilgamesh already has a throne that can double as an aircraft that can fly at supersonic speed with Gate of Babylon functions as the missile chamber and launcher. Who are we kidding? Nothing is too outrageous in this franchise
Old 2017-07-02, 22:51   Link #23
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Technology? Magic was still units golden years in those days. Modern magecraft is actually quite primitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep. The Fate franchise already threw IRL history & legends outta the window the moment they make Arthur a girl and Medusa a chain-wielding pegasus-riding dominatrix ninja . By that point, people should stop expecting more than a passing resemblance of historic era logic in this franchise. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nasu’s version of the middle age has giant mechas in it and they put on some excuse about them being golems or something. Heck, Gilgamesh already has a throne that can double as an aircraft that can fly at supersonic speed with Gate of Babylon functions as the missile chamber and launcher. Who are we kidding? Nothing is too outrageous in this franchise
Again. Golden years of magic. In the days of Gilgameshi, it was literally the age of the gods. He's even got a submarine.
Old 2017-07-02, 22:58   Link #24
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I saw A-1 and thought it'd be garbage, but after this first episode I've started thinking. The light novel that's the source material for this is already complete which means Fate didn't green light an adaptation for the sake of advertisement. They genuinely wanted a good anime so I like to think they made it clear to A-1 that they wouldn't take any of the studio's bullshit and demanded nothing but the best.
If they wanted good anime, they wouldn't choose apocrypha though.But yeah it's obvious it's expected it will make money on it's their own.
Old 2017-07-02, 23:07   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Again. Golden years of magic. In the days of Gilgameshi, it was literally the age of the gods.
Yeah, only in Nasu-verse Gilgamesh has all those neat toys and powers.

Quote:
He's even got a submarine.
See? And I’m not even surprised. Does he have a rocket or flying saucer that can launch him to space too?

All in all, many of the servants themselves are nothing more than excuses to put recognizable historical names on their characters and then Nasu & team slapped magical powers on them to use in battle. From marketing perspective, it’s really not that much different from “alternate” sengoku & sangoku animes out there. Like seriously, Fate's servants made the portrayal of historical figures in Sengoku Basara looks authentic in comparison, especially since none of them is genderbent IIRC .
Old 2017-07-02, 23:20   Link #26
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

See? And I’m not even surprised. Does he have a rocket or flying saucer that can launch him to space too?
I think he does get a spaceship in CCC

Quote:
All in all, many of the servants themselves are nothing more than excuses to put recognizable historical names on their characters and then Nasu & team slapped magical powers on them to use in battle. From marketing perspective, it’s really not that much different from “alternate” sengoku & sangoku animes out there. Like seriously, Fate's servants made the portrayal of historical figures in Sengoku Basara looks authentic in comparison, especially since none of them is genderbent IIRC .
Funny you say that, because Apocrypha has one servant in particular that really makes this clear, specially in design. I still think Elizabeth is the absolute worst at that, from what I know of the Fate franchise (which isn't encyclopedic level knowledge, so I could be wrong), but this servant comes pretty close as well.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 23:34   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I think he does get a spaceship in CCC
Typical Nasu-verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Funny you say that, because Apocrypha has one servant in particular that really makes this clear, specially in design. I still think Elizabeth is the absolute worst at that, from what I know of the Fate franchise (which isn't encyclopedic level knowledge, so I could be wrong), but this servant comes pretty close as well.
Interesting...

Add that as one of few things I look forward in this anime.
Old 2017-07-02, 23:48   Link #28
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Fate's servants made the portrayal of historical figures in Sengoku Basara looks authentic in comparison, especially since none of them is genderbent IIRC .
Saika Magoichi
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 23:57   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Saika Magoichi
Oh yeah, forgot about that little bugger in the game . But I'm talking about the 2-seasoned anime. Btw, Saika was first featured in Sengoku Basara 3, wasn't she?
Old 2017-07-03, 01:05   Link #30
AntonKutovoi

Yeah. And she also appeared in Judge End (though the less is said about that particular entry is the better)
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 03:37   Link #31
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Fateverse is one where every myths and possible alien theories are true. That Protoss ship in Fate Zero was straight out of the Indian myths iirc, it can even be possible that Sodom and Gomorrha were wiped out by a nuclear device, that just so happen to be owned by Gilgamesh, or that Stonehenge is a prana node for druids to recharge their mana. Gilgamesh's King's Treasury being his own Fantasy Batcave is really the least of it all.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:25   Link #32
magnuskn

So, from the imagery I expect the servant leader of team Black is Vlad Tepes?
Old 2017-07-03, 09:07   Link #33
HandofFate

Could have benefited from an hour long 1st episode, went thru the setup really fast.

All the servants look like dorks though and that even the lowest of the main-fate servants would roll the hell over them like a truck
Old 2017-07-03, 09:09   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Could have benefited from an hour long 1st episode, went thru the setup really fast.

All the servants look like dorks though and that even the lowest of the main-fate servants would roll the hell over them like a truck
Because you have only seen most of the Black Faction and 2 from the Red Faction.
Old 2017-07-03, 09:36   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Fateverse is one where every myths and possible alien theories are true. That Protoss ship in Fate Zero was straight out of the Indian myths iirc, it can even be possible that Sodom and Gomorrha were wiped out by a nuclear device, that just so happen to be owned by Gilgamesh, or that Stonehenge is a prana node for druids to recharge their mana. Gilgamesh's King's Treasury being his own Fantasy Batcave is really the least of it all.
Thanks for further emphasizing how preposterous Nasu-verse really is . I didn't know most of those since I'm more or less an anime-only consumer. I did play F/SN years ago but it's been quite a while that I forget a lot of things and I've never bothered diving further into the franchise myself. I'm just casual about it.
Old 2017-07-03, 10:14   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally watched the first episode. Love the cameos from other Nasuverse works.
Since i read the Strange Fake manga, i suspected the blonde guy was Flat when i first saw him.
Sisigou is also smoking the same cigarettes that Touko Aozaki smoked.
And Waver Velvet is still the new Lord El-Melloi in this timeline just like in prime and Prisma Illya timelines.

From the 1st episode, the animation looks good so far with how Red Faction's bone demons fought against the Black Faction's homunculus and golems. And Mordred helmet is impressive like something from Iron Man.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2017-07-03, 10:27   Link #37
bakato

Quote:

Fate's got deep, consistent lore with power mechanics that rings much more realistic than Basara's character. I mean, Oda Nobunaga with Wolverine claws with katana's? That's just stupid.
Old 2017-07-03, 11:07   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I forgot what is the timeline wise? Does this take part where the Fate stay night takes parallel to?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 11:25   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I forgot what is the timeline wise? Does this take part where the Fate stay night takes parallel to?
It outright tell you that the 3rd Grail War concluded with Darnic stealing the Great Fuyuki Grail, no cookies for guessing what was his faction back then, that photo is enough to tell anybody. Therefore, its a different timeline where the Fuyuki's 4th and 5th Grail war didnt happen.
Old 2017-07-03, 11:39   Link #40
Tenzen12

Quote:
Fate's got deep, consistent lore with power mechanics that rings much more realistic than Basara's character. I mean, Oda Nobunaga with Wolverine claws with katana's? That's just stupid.
That was actually Date Masamune. Anyway speaking of Oda Fate's one is loli that goes full fusion dance with busty Okita and fights humanised moe battleship while utilising power of mother Earth and meta jokes.

Make much more sense right?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-07-03 at 12:04.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote