AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-05, 19:43   Link #21
AB079
Banned

Wow the reception of this series was really awful (obviously by the western viewers), on every other forum people comparing this to Nisekoi and even calling it "Accel world ripoff".

This is so hilarious, how people can make so much problem for something so simple.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 20:19   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 20:29   Link #23
hyddty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Wow the reception of this series was really awful (obviously by the western viewers), on every other forum people comparing this to Nisekoi and even calling it "Accel world ripoff".

This is so hilarious, how people can make so much problem for something so simple.
There will always be comparisons, best to ignore it really. dont know how many chapter will the anime covered
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 20:32   Link #24
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I find the irony that the one seeking for revenge was the glasses guy .

Yeah, that aside if source is mediocre you can't expect the adaptation to be any better unless they go full original for example.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 20:51   Link #25
Psyco Diver

I didn't think it was bad, the MC is kinda annoying but I think that's because he looks like the generic handsome character and acts the part at times but goes to acting like the dork character. I'll watch it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 20:59   Link #26
zztop

If the MC can have a loli mum, then will anime/manga ever introduce a shota dad (for equal opportunity)? After all, some men can look younger than their age.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 21:11   Link #27
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
If the MC can have a loli mum, then will anime/manga ever introduce a shota dad (for equal opportunity)? After all, some men can look younger than their age.
Okusama ga Seitokaichou's main heroine has a shota and a loli as parents.
Old 2017-01-05, 21:23   Link #28
Wandering Soul

Considering the fact that Makabe is handsome now and is apparently really popular, I would just advise the guy to get over it and move on. If he did that though, we probably wouldn't have a series. The premise seems interesting so far.
Old 2017-01-05, 21:38   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Considering the fact that Makabe is handsome now and is apparently really popular, I would just advise the guy to get over it and move on. If he did that though, we probably wouldn't have a series. The premise seems interesting so far.
I tend to agree. Though I suppose if he could let it go then he'd never have reached this point. All the daily nutritional monitoring, extreme workouts, and maybe even the studying was all fueled by his need for revenge.

And yeah probably wouldn't have a show . No doubt he could easily find a nice girl to go out with and let that be that. Kind of a nice change to have a MC so popular and knows he's popular. But he doesn't care because he has a different goal in mind.
Old 2017-01-05, 22:35   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I LOVED IT! I was almost killed by moe when Aki pulled on Masamune's tie. Just get together already... XD

But yeah, childhood friend wanting to get back at their LI for dumping them as kids? Working hard not only physically and mentally as well, with a one-track mind at getting revenge one day? Yeah, I fell in love with the pilot chapter of this like 4 years ago, as it has a very unique twst to my favourite trope, and I'm so happy to see it animated!

While I have some qualms about Aki being voiced by Fleur Blanc, Hanae Natsuki is pretty much spot on as Masamune. I was actually thinking Irino Miyu would be a better fit, but since he's on study hiatus, Hanae is the next best thing. And boy, did he hit it out of the ballpark!

Now I just hope they focus a lot on Masamune's revenge (as per title), because the amount of girls in the OP worries me that it would turn to harem fiesta. So crossing my fingers that this will not let me down past the beginning arc.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 22:41   Link #31
rladls2121

Makabe's mother I feel sorry for her, if she did not know what Makabe is planning to do with Aki.
Her own son was called a "pig" in the past by his first love, and now he is being called by that name once again with a threat letter.
And if Makabe ever gave into his mother's cooked food in the name of "love", then abandoning his workout.
It is going to be her fault if he gets tubby again and called by that name by a lot of students in school, and with Aki giving Makabe the finishing blow.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 23:48   Link #32
IceHism

Quote:

damn. That's a bit far. accel world tho? That's like a totally different genre.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 23:49   Link #33
Sixth
Hu Tao

The word "pig" made him a handsome, healthy and popular guy in the present. So what is the problem again?

And he is rich. Seriously this guy is wasting his gifts so hard on something very childish.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 01:28   Link #34
Tenzen12

Thing is these are no "gifts" he bought them with his very own sweat, tears.
Old 2017-01-06, 09:27   Link #35
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I tend to agree. Though I suppose if he could let it go then he'd never have reached this point. All the daily nutritional monitoring, extreme workouts, and maybe even the studying was all fueled by his need for revenge.

And yeah probably wouldn't have a show . No doubt he could easily find a nice girl to go out with and let that be that. Kind of a nice change to have a MC so popular and knows he's popular. But he doesn't care because he has a different goal in mind.
You know you reminded me of a one shot that was about a similar idea, I think it was called Desire for a Reply by Nisioisin.

@DragoonKain3
Not sure if serious or sarcastic.
Old 2017-01-06, 12:05   Link #36
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
even calling it "Accel world ripoff".
I'm not even watching this series but that is... like... what? Is it me or the main aspect of Accel World - namely the FREAKING VIRTUAL REALITY BATTLES - is kind of absent from this show at all? And even if we look just at the harem/rom-com side, that one had a fat protagonist who got the sexiest girl in the school fall for him anyway (even though she's kind of a cold, detached type), and this one has the girl rejecting the fat protagonist who then slims down to get his revenge... I'd understand it more if they had called it a gender-bent version of "Kiss him, not me", but even that would be a huge stretch.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:14   Link #37
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Thing is these are no "gifts" he bought them with his very own sweat, tears.
Well, I can't find a better word to describe his current situation though. Even so, he should have let it go and enjoy his current positive environment.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:21   Link #38
gocav

Quote:
My first thought was KareKano. There was a guy in it who referred to himself as Edmond Dantes in one scene because he had the same intentions that Masamune does. It was the first scene I saw from that series and the sole reason I watched it because Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorite novels.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:49   Link #39
xeviouses

The premise of a main character slimming down in revenge to being made fun and rejected reminds me of Girls Saurus, only with the genders reversed.

I know nothing of the manga but the plot seems interesting enough. Though seriously, isn't it better to just move on rather than go for petty revenge over something that happened long ago?
Old 2017-01-06, 13:01   Link #40
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Though seriously, isn't it better to just move on rather than go for petty revenge over something that happened long ago?
Heh. "I'm now hot and could have any girl I want. LET ME WASTE MY TIME AND ENERGY TRYING TO GET A POINTLESS REVENGE ON THE ONE I WOULD NOT CARE ABOUT ANYWAY 'COS SHE'S A COLOSSAL BITCH".

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romcom