3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-22, 15:23   Link #21
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Bogue decided to go undercover and ended up developing a crush on Freyja or something. (Hm? That was already done in Aquarion Evol? So what!)
Are they going to meet in an arcade and then have a knife fight?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 15:41   Link #22
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Are they going to meet in an arcade and then have a knife fight?
Aww, no, that should be Mirage!

(New love triangle: Bogue/Mirage/Freyja!)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 15:58   Link #23
magnuskn

If someone kicked Bogue headfirst into a shredder, I'd cheer. The character has zero charisma.
Old 2016-05-22, 16:15   Link #24
Dash_Hunter

I need the subs to understand all the conversations and be able to comment, but at least I can say that the battle and the music were great, some character development and interesting parts.

So Messer has certainly raised some death flags, but I still think he won't die yet, without him Keith would have a field day with most of Delta platoon, and I suspect they want to keep his rivalry with Keith going for some more time (maybe even team up by the end of the series?).

But he still has var even after the battle so maybe they really will kill him off next epiode lol
About the flash-backs, my theory is that he and his NUNS comrades contracted Var and they killed each other, Messer was the only survivor and Chaos rescued him and he started working for them.
Old 2016-05-22, 16:16   Link #25
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
If someone kicked Bogue headfirst into a shredder, I'd cheer. The character has zero charisma.
You sound as if someone in the Wind actually has charisma.

Right now Wind's collective charisma is well into the negatives, achieving an actual zero in charisma might actually be a new step in the positive direction.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-22 at 20:51.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 16:17   Link #26
Kazu-kun

So, last episode the Protoculture ruin was calling for Mikumo, but this episode it looks like it rejected Mikumo and responded to Freyja instead. What's going on?
Old 2016-05-22, 17:30   Link #27
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for About Roid:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 17:34   Link #28
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So, last episode the Protoculture ruin was calling for Mikumo, but this episode it looks like it rejected Mikumo and responded to Freyja instead. What's going on?

Might be wrong since I haven't watch the subbed version, but basically Milkumo was rejectes when Heinz started to sing. Yet the ruins (both in Vondor and in Windemere) were overpowerred when Frejya tuned/synchronized with Hayate's and the Vf-31 Fold Quartz/crystal.

Reminds me of a Macross Frontier comment: "Protoculture tried to mimic/copy Vajra's technology, but they were never able to make it stronger then the original"
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 17:50   Link #29
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Might be wrong since I haven't watch the subbed version, but basically Milkumo was rejectes when Heinz started to sing. Yet the ruins (both in Vondor and in Windemere) were overpowerred when Frejya tuned/synchronized with Hayate's and the Vf-31 Fold Quartz/crystal.
Frejya overpowered (or resonated with) the ruins on her own. The Hayate synchronization came afterwards.
Old 2016-05-22, 18:47   Link #30
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
About the flash-backs, my theory is that he and his NUNS comrades contracted Var and they killed each other, Messer was the only survivor and Chaos rescued him and he started working for them.
The way the flash-backs are shown it looks more like, he woke up from a bloodlust, first seeing his hands with blood and then seeing himself in the mirror, facing his own terror.

Spoiler for !:
Old 2016-05-22, 18:57   Link #31
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Notice that...
Spoiler:
I don't know if it's pain or they are in denial because it feels very good.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 19:02   Link #32
xeviouses

Denial and pain, with Heinz songs, they're probably used to songs with alot of negative emotions going with it.
Old 2016-05-22, 21:05   Link #33
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't know if it's pain or they are in denial because it feels very good.
It's like forcing someone who only listens to Wagner to admit they like pop
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 21:07   Link #34
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It's like forcing someone who only listens to Wagner to admit they like pop
His reaction was hilarious, though. He is trying so hard to pretend he doesn't like it. Anyway, not only Heinz sensed Freyja, but also the old king who was bedridden? Next episodes might be a tug fight for Freyja courtesy of Mikumo and Roid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Denial and pain, with Heinz songs, they're probably used to songs with alot of negative emotions going with it.
It was only painful to Bogue because he tried to reject the song. The rest reacted positively or with a neutral sense of awe.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-05-22, 21:50   Link #35
Gravitas Free Zone

I didn't really notice it on the initial viewings, but the Macross World podcast mentioned it, I've rewatched a few times, and now it just nags at me:

Has the dreaded midseason off-model art started? A lot of the faces in the cave scenes seem crudely-drawn or minimally-animated.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 22:12   Link #36
Mikobun
Eat-suki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
The way the flash-backs are shown it looks more like, he woke up from a bloodlust, first seeing his hands with blood and then seeing himself in the mirror, facing his own terror.

Spoiler for !:
Yeah, that's what I think when I saw Messer's flashback. He probably has bloodlust syndrome like Guld in Macross Plus, but it's just a speculation.

Naaah, the triangle battle won't start until both Freyja and Mirage go doki-doki and blushing around Hayate. It's known that love triangle isn't the main focus of delta unlike frontier.

Quote:
I didn't really notice it on the initial viewings, but the Macross World podcast mentioned it, I've rewatched a few times, and now it just nags at me:

Has the dreaded midseason off-model art started? A lot of the faces in the cave scenes seem crudely-drawn or minimally-animated.
Those static off-model characters were there but not as bad as SDF Macross and Macross F level. Delta still has awesome dogfights and high quality concert animation.
Old 2016-05-22, 22:12   Link #37
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
They should really save those for when things aren't getting so busy

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 23:46   Link #38
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikobun View Post
Yeah, that's what I think when I saw Messer's flashback. He probably has bloodlust syndrome like Guld in Macross Plus, but it's just a speculation.
Is he part Zentraedi? I don't think this was ever mentioned. Maybe he's just a Var survivor which made him more vulnerable to the attacks. I bet Kaname saved him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikobun View Post
Naaah, the triangle battle won't start until both Freyja and Mirage go doki-doki and blushing around Hayate. It's known that love triangle isn't the main focus of delta unlike frontier.
I'm really glad for that. In fact, I don't feel it's necessary to make it romantic at all. Freyja's and Hayate's relationship is absolutely perfect as it is now. Mirage... well, she has to start to become a real character first then get her relationships defined. Maybe after Messer? But yeah, Freyja and Hayate feel like an ultimate pilot-idol duo, not from a romantic viewpoint, but how both they positively influenced each other and how their mutual strengths become one in the battlefield to accomplish their goals. It does feel like an opposite to Hikaru and Minmay, whose respective careers and goals made them drift apart and their possible union would be negative for both of them (similar thing happened to Alto and Ranka). On the other hand, Hayate and Freyja are in absolute sync. Literally. It's more like Shin and Sara, and Sheryl and Alto, with the powered fold reminiscent to seal a call out.

But again, I insist I feel their relationship is better without any forced romantic feelings.

Old 2016-05-23, 05:23   Link #39
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Messer having caught the Var Disease prior and going on rampage among his comraes makes the most sense.
As a result he feels guilt and doesn't feel like he deserves to be close with anyone. That's why he's cold and avoids people. It also explains the Grim Reaper motiff which to him is more like a cruel reminder what he had done.
Also he has PTSD with this whole thing as well as ever present susceptibility to the Var.
It might be even that he can't live Walkure because without them around he'd fear he might go on rampage again.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 05:32   Link #40
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
It might be even that he can't live Walkure because without them around he'd fear he might go on rampage again.
I was thinking about this. Arad probably knows, so he asked him if he was all right last time. He avoids socialization because he fears to lose control. I think this subplot might be important for the eventual cure against Var or how Var could evolve?