Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-24, 00:04   Link #21
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

A roll he can't die at, presumably.
Old 2016-06-24, 08:36   Link #22
Jinjer

started at civ1 and 2, not particularly concerned about realistic graphics (i turn strategic view on when i do civ5 most of the time)

i'm curious about the new "evolving" diplomacy system, i'm hoping it doesn't end up with every country in the world hating my guts because i have more luxuries and wonders than they do (makes me hate having to meet them all unless i plan to invade them, it's kinda depressing)
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 15:15   Link #23
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
started at civ1 and 2, not particularly concerned about realistic graphics (i turn strategic view on when i do civ5 most of the time)

i'm curious about the new "evolving" diplomacy system, i'm hoping it doesn't end up with every country in the world hating my guts because i have more luxuries and wonders than they do (makes me hate having to meet them all unless i plan to invade them, it's kinda depressing)
From what I heard it will depend on their own agenda. Like if they try to build a lot of wonders they will hate you if you have more than them and so on.

What I hope is that the whole world won't hate me in the industrial era because of a minor civ I have invaded in the bronze age.

Moreover I really hope defensive pacts will make sense, as in Civ V it was a feature that was just awfully detrimental and retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Workers now are called builders, and doesn't build roads (those are done automatically by trade units) and function more like a worker boat, limited 4 usage per worker and you'll have to build more, otoh improvements are built instantly. Not sure I like that, but we'll see how it goes when it comes out.

From one side this change saddens me, but from another I recognize that workers became a chore to handle in the end game when you had 10+ cities. I'm curious to see how it will end up being.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 11:09   Link #24
Jinjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
From what I heard it will depend on their own agenda. Like if they try to build a lot of wonders they will hate you if you have more than them and so on.

What I hope is that the whole world won't hate me in the industrial era because of a minor civ I have invaded in the bronze age.

Moreover I really hope defensive pacts will make sense, as in Civ V it was a feature that was just awfully detrimental and retarded.
oh wow i forgot about their centuries-long grudges! clear out the land because of a badly placed city during ancient times and the entire known world will hate your guts well into the space age...
Old 2016-07-01, 08:06   Link #25
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I wonder if it was a coincidence this was released after Brexit.
Old 2016-07-01, 08:31   Link #26
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Oh, from the way it functions, it seems each district is limited to one per city, because wouldn't it be OP if you can build multiple academies with multiple libraries/univs per city? Maybe the number of allowed districts would be limited with population too. I can see a Tall vs Wide optimization there.
Old 2016-07-01, 08:59   Link #27
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I will say the combat looks amazing.
Old 2016-07-14, 15:33   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Check out previous Civ 6 videos down below.

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: Speaking of the new art in Civ 6

Last edited by Hooves; 2016-07-16 at 18:06.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 08:42   Link #29
Jinjer

seems to me you can "chain" districts together to produce some kind of group bonus sorta deal
Old 2016-07-19, 15:38   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
seems to me you can "chain" districts together to produce some kind of group bonus sorta deal
This will take a while to get used to.

YouTube

Also China OP

YouTube
Old 2016-07-21, 09:09   Link #31
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

And now the Aztecs.

Old 2016-07-22, 07:38   Link #32
Jinjer

i'm not sure what to say about that whole "available immediately if you pre-order or else you wait for 3 months" dealie
Old 2016-07-22, 13:36   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
i'm not sure what to say about that whole "available immediately if you pre-order or else you wait for 3 months" dealie
No different to most other preorder bonuses of that nature made by Firaxis really: for instance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack was a pre-order bonus initially, but was then made a DLC anyone can buy months down the road.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 21:32   Link #34
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

YouTube
Old 2016-07-30, 11:36   Link #35
Jinjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No different to most other preorder bonuses of that nature made by Firaxis really: for instance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown Elite Soldier Pack was a pre-order bonus initially, but was then made a DLC anyone can buy months down the road.
i guess that's just me not having experienced buying games right on launch before...
Old 2016-07-30, 13:30   Link #36
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The only preorder bonuses that I ever heard to be "only for preorders EVER" are the ones for the new worms w.m.d. game. Which are justified (by the devs) as being due to the bonuses being cameos from other games and the deals only extending to preorders. (Incidentally I hate all of the cameos there so don't care)
Old 2016-07-31, 23:02   Link #37
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Meanwhile people are going crazy over a picture that can be seen from afar from the officially released video about the game developing.

The picture in question is what most likely serves as a reference of all the Leaders of the civilizations that are planned for Civ VI.

The single portraits are at such low definition that you barely have a few pixels to get the idea of what they represent, and yet that didn't stop people from identifying almost all of them, helped by the fact that they are apparently put in alphabetical order.

Wild speculations now abound on whoever might that be the person between the leaders of Germany and Greece, and the one between Kongo and Poland.

Old 2016-08-02, 09:28   Link #38
Jinjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Meanwhile people are going crazy over a picture that can be seen from afar from the officially released video about the game developing.

The picture in question is what most likely serves as a reference of all the Leaders of the civilizations that are planned for Civ VI.

The single portraits are at such low definition that you barely have a few pixels to get the idea of what they represent, and yet that didn't stop people from identifying almost all of them, helped by the fact that they are apparently put in alphabetical order.

Wild speculations now abound on whoever might that be the person between the leaders of Germany and Greece, and the one between Kongo and Poland.
oh wow those people are good!

also i speculate the two unkowns are goreo (ancient korea, because you gotta sell out to koreans these days) and mongolia (because you can't have civ without good ol' genghis khan)
Old 2016-08-02, 12:41   Link #39
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
also i speculate the two unkowns are goreo (ancient korea, because you gotta sell out to koreans these days) and mongolia (because you can't have civ without good ol' genghis khan)
Taejo Wang Geon?
Old 2016-08-02, 19:04   Link #40
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Meanwhile Pedro II of Brazil was officially announced

YouTube

So far the leaked picture of the Civ VI leaders has been reliable

Tags
sean bean, strategy