3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-17, 16:59   Link #21
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is bad for my health. I want that tomseacat. He should have been the main mascot.
We got Mirage's super creepy-cute seacat instead as mascot. Don't seems as boss as that tomseacat so far, but I'm going to bet its going to act all jealous/protective in a few episodes...and slap Hayate.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 17:06   Link #22
AkitoW013

This episode was excellent! the new song was really nice and Mirage's ear twitching was cute!

Spoiler for Also...:
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 17:15   Link #23
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Right??! He's adorable, but all the sea cats are adorable. I don't know who came up with them but they're a genius. I hope they'll release plushies! <- concentrating on the important things
I need them to be real. Although I would take the plushies and buy a collection of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
We got Mirage's super creepy-cute seacat instead as mascot. Don't seems as boss as that tomseacat so far, but I'm going to bet its going to act all jealous/protective in a few episodes...and slap Hayate.
It was okay, but it doesn't have the best look like the tomseacat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Spoiler for Also...:
Spoiler for eehhh:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 17:19   Link #24
Gravitas Free Zone

This seems to be the insert song. I want it.

不確定性☆COSMIC MOVEMENT

https://twitter.com/kotomivvv/status...00196975947778
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 17:26   Link #25
magnuskn

Just saw the RAW. Phew, they really have to do something with Mirage to make it a competition, otherwise Freyja is just running away with the prize at this point. I fear they may be overdoing it a bit with the no-nonsense/angry image Mirage is projecting right now, it'll be a bit difficult already to turn around that perception about her.

Interesting to see that they go with Hayate not being a really good fighter pilot at all. Quite different from all other Macross male protagonists. Although I personally quite prefer Alto as MC (still the best male Macross MC ever).
Old 2016-04-17, 18:07   Link #26
charles883

Well this HIS first time piloting VF, unlike Alto who at least have his training in pilot academy
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 18:16   Link #27
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Frejya is definitely a lot funner than Ranka... thats for sure.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 18:19   Link #28
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I need them to be real. Although I would take the plushies and buy a collection of them.
Well yes, real ones would be the best. In a way I kind of understand now the people who were sad that that Avatar movie's world wasn't real - I'm now kind of sad that these adorable creatures are not real. (I guess we'll have to make do with what we have... <- not mine )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 19:23   Link #29
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Just saw the RAW. Phew, they really have to do something with Mirage to make it a competition, otherwise Freyja is just running away with the prize at this point. I fear they may be overdoing it a bit with the no-nonsense/angry image Mirage is projecting right now, it'll be a bit difficult already to turn around that perception about her.

Interesting to see that they go with Hayate not being a really good fighter pilot at all. Quite different from all other Macross male protagonists. Although I personally quite prefer Alto as MC (still the best male Macross MC ever).
Seeing the picture of Mikumo in the bath towel in the image thread, I wonder if there is even the slightest chance they could pull a Shuffle on us and go with her lol
Old 2016-04-17, 19:36   Link #30
azarhal

Quote:
Just saw the RAW. Phew, they really have to do something with Mirage to make it a competition, otherwise Freyja is just running away with the prize at this point.
Sure, Mirage still has him on her make-them-barf-in-the-cockpit list, but this episode was about showing that he depends on both of them to fly.

Freyja allow him to fly with her singing.
Mirage allow him to fly with the flight assist support and teaching.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 19:37   Link #31
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Seeing the picture of Mikumo in the bath towel in the image thread, I wonder if there is even the slightest chance they could pull a Shuffle on us and go with her lol
She'll probably get her romance, just not with Hayate. He's too much of a kid for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Freyja allow him to fly with her singing.
Mirage allow him to fly with the flight assist support and teaching.
Freyja inspires him. Mirage doesn't do anything like that for him. At lest not yet.
Old 2016-04-17, 19:56   Link #32
xeviouses

Calling it, Freyja is Ranka 3.0, only much, much better.

Not surprised at Hayate being not that good in fighter mode though, a battroid should handle differently than a fighter. It's an interesting contrast to previous Macross protags who were good at fighter but bad at battroid. (mostly Shin and Hikaru though, Alto is in training while Isamu is just boss)

Changing my ship now, FreyjaXHayate!
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 20:24   Link #33
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Frejya is definitely a lot funner than Ranka... thats for sure.

- Tak

Totally agree, like Freyja much more than Ranka even at this stage, she just has that spark that Ranka just didn't have.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:38   Link #34
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Changing my ship to Freyja x Hayate as well.

More so for Freyja than Hayate, but the way they inspire each other is definitely the biggest contributor.

I find that the loosely AKB0048-like path that Freyja takes is more interesting than the solo climb that Minmei and Ranka had, possibly because those 2 had already tread that path. Granted, Freyja's path is nothing new--and arguably more common than Minmei's--, but its use in the Macross setting offers a nice contrast for me. And so far Delta has done a great job with it.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:53   Link #35
Maverick05

Still waiting for subs, but it is one of those episodes in which you just have to give the perfect 10 by only watching the raw.

1) Greatest addition to the cast: TOMSEACAT!!

2) Watching VF-1EX was really a blast to the past from the original series. Something I didn`t get from watching the VF-0. My first model was a Yamato VF-1A so it was nice to see it again in HD.

3) That last "dogfight" between Hayate`s VF-1EX and Messer`s VF-31 really makes for a great background pic since you can check out and compare both plane's profile. Really nice that both cannons/rifles sound different.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 22:54   Link #36
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm really not used to not having a simulcast anymore. It's strange
I know how you feel. We've been spoiled with simulcasts on quite a few shows recently. lol
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 23:02   Link #37
wissenschaft

Quote:
To be fair, Milia wasn't a big softy either. Max just had god level MOJO. lol

Freya is certainly in the lead and whats shocking is how much I like her. Ranka never won me over. Freya really feels like a superior Ranka. Behold, Ranka 2.0, the new state of the art loli model to steal your hero's heart?
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 23:38   Link #38
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm sorry Macross, I got tempted by the double osananajimi moe from Kiznaiver. But after watching this episode, with its awesome dogfight and Freyja's singing together, I feel so bad ever doubting that this the Anime of the Cour for me.

Yeah, the SoL downtime episodes are among my favourites in Macross. Trying to live one's life even though fighting can break out at any moment is part, and Hayate chasing that merkat was (even if animated badly) was pretty fun.

Not only that, but we got the original frakking Valkyrie? The inner longtime fanboy within me was just shivering with giddiness. I mean sure, the original Valkyrie's design technically can't fly very well, but I don't care. This blast from the past really brought out the nostalgia. (Helps that I marathoned the original Macross like a couple months ago, so seeing the Valks in Full HD was a sight to behold )

Practically the only thing missing is Mirage in a skirt. All the other girls have skirts for their, why can't Mirage wear one as well? I don't care if they wear spats underneath those skirts, but Mirage please wear a frigging skirt! XD

On the other hand, Freyja is really adorable. Really feels that she is the complete package this time around. A fun genki personality, coupled with a great singing voice. I like the song a bit better than the OP/ED, but I really like listening to it BECAUSE it was Freyja's voice. Can't thank my lucky stars that the judges chose right this time around.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 00:27   Link #39
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not only that, but we got the original frakking Valkyrie?
VF-1EX like the VF-171EX it has been fitted with Ex-Gear.

Though production stopped there have been upgrades particularly among Special Forces and Vanquish Racers such as the VF-X Plus and the VF-1X++.

There is also the civilian commercial model sold as military surplus the VT-1C.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 01:06   Link #40
Fairy Water

the best ep so far, this ep is definitely better than the other first two.

The bond between Freija and Hayate is getting stronger and stronger, it's seriously feel like Mirage is way behind. How are they going to balance the relationship?
I can imagine when the fight happens, Hayate is busy protect Freija and hear her song while Mirage supports everything. :/

Anyway, I was hoping she could sing 'My bf is a pilot' this time...
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, sci-fi fantasy