AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-16, 15:00   Link #21
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well also we need to bear in mind that the girl hasn't had much contact with the guy outside that instant where he started drooling over the blob Sensei, and the job's obviously one that involved regularly putting your life on the line, where one mistake could be fatal. Given her low first impression of him, it's sort of understandable that when measuring him against the standards for such a major job he'd fall far short. Even if she now accepts that he's not insane and will fight if he has to, that still doesn't mean that she has to agree that he's got what it takes in this line of work.
Well this chapter prove that she just doesn't like the guy because she thinks he's a pervert, so she keep the attitude of being a bitch and is getting worse.

I just hope it doesn't go for too long.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 15:54   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well this chapter prove that she just doesn't like the guy because she thinks he's a pervert, so she keep the attitude of being a bitch and is getting worse.

I just hope it doesn't go for too long.
That's far from the only reason. It's the reason she gives but if you actually look at it most of the time she's criticizing him concerning things like his ability and his willingness to deploy at a moment's notice and do whatever it takes to complete a mission. His apparent perversion just rubs her the wrong way. Far as I can tell this makes her not want to work with him, but what makes her truly refuse to accept him as a member of the same profession is his fear, tendency to hesitate at crucial moments, and his overall weakness.

That said, I won't deny that her opinion has been swayed by such things as encountering him right as he's commenting "boing boing" or shouting "what am I going to do with a second penis!?". But it doesn't seem as bad as people are making it out to be (not to mention it's clear just from the opening that she will acknowledge him at some point, just from the way she looks at him).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 16:25   Link #23
grecefar

For me it only looks like she don't want him there because he's a pervert no more no less, that's the first reason she gave and only put more comments about it all the chapter, I don't look deep into things and see what I see, of course is much that in the future she will accept him and more obvious fall in love with him but for now I just she a girl with bad attitud with everyone and more with the protagonist.
Old 2017-01-17, 16:39   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Again, while she most certainly comments with utter contempt about his supposed perversion, it doesn't change the fact that most of her comments to him concerning everything are about his lack of qualifications, particularly in areas of ideology, courage and strength. His perversion is reason for him to vanish without a trace (though that catchphrase is honestly already grating a bit), but his inability to act when he needs to act is reason for him to quit as a police officer.
Old 2017-01-18, 07:51   Link #25
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
"Umetsu's"? Excuse me, care to explain?
Yasuomi Umetsu is director and animator most known for his style, two Kite movies and Mezzo series. He also directed huge disappointments like Galilei Donna and Wizard Baristers. He frequently directs OPs and EDs, most recently Dimension W OP, Gangsta ED, Isuca ED and Bungo Stray Dogs ED.
Old 2017-01-30, 21:01   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, the story has now made it past where I was able to read in the manga. I still feel that while Misuzu is certainly a jerk she's again demonstrated to not be quite what people think. She's far above his level, by a great stretch, and so far he has demonstrated a good deal of inconsistency in his talent and reflexes, almost getting himself killed, overreacting and panicking when a calm, cool mind is crucial. She's seen enough to have a very bad view of him that is only enhanced by the frequent suggestion that he's a pervert who's more than a little interested in her.

Frankly, it's a bit more realistic this way. Generally speaking if you took a complete amateur who's never even held a gun (or fired his BO) and make him work as a cop handling extreme criminal cases, it's natural that his "peers" who have much more skill and control will be extremely reluctant to accept him, and it'll take more than a couple "lucky" successes to change that, especially when the guy clearly only understands a small part of the severity and responsibility of his position. She has reason to be cold, and frankly it's realistic in this sort of situation (I know, odd to talk of realism in a series with a man shaped like a crescent moon with arms who types with his chin) to make it so the guy has to do something really big and show some really significant improvement and commitment before he gets even the faintest hint of respect, much less dere.
Old 2017-01-31, 02:13   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That would depend on how they usually recruit, and how good "cops" are when they start out.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 13:23   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That would depend on how they usually recruit, and how good "cops" are when they start out.
Well, their recruitment process is mentioned at the start: if I recall correctly, a group of super-intelligent beings identify people that they feel are worthy. Generally speaking, I would imagine that the people identified as perfect for the job would have some significant skill. or potential, and so far this kid barely has the first clue what he's doing, and is demonstrated to still have barely a clue what it really means to be one of them.
Old 2017-01-31, 17:46   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, their recruitment process is mentioned at the start: if I recall correctly, a group of super-intelligent beings identify people that they feel are worthy. Generally speaking, I would imagine that the people identified as perfect for the job would have some significant skill. or potential, and so far this kid barely has the first clue what he's doing, and is demonstrated to still have barely a clue what it really means to be one of them.
If they're super intelligent, they probably take the long view. That can mean starting with unskilled recruits of high potential, and training them up. If not... well, why would there be a supply of people with just the right skills, but who don't already have a job?
Old 2017-02-03, 17:43   Link #30
grecefar

I thought this was for the long run, I'm surprise it's going to have 12 chapters... maybe I think to much in reborn.
Old 2017-02-05, 22:29   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, at last she's starting to crack. She admits at the end of the Gucchi arc that she'd considered him mentally and emotionally thoroughly unfit for the role and disliked/disrespected him enough to try and catch him demonstrating his unfitness through a decision that would be unacceptable as a policeman. But at the same time she admits that she was wrong about him, that he did not do as she expected and instead stood his ground and made the right choice when it counted, ending by admitting that she's now got a better opinion of him. And then she gets arrested...

At the same time I thought Gucchi was kind of cool. The guy must have really worked hard at learning to control himself, to be able to pretend to hate Chuuta, insult him, accuse him, and attack him as well as civilians, despite being really an upstanding guy. He even manages to make it look like he cold-bloodedly murders civilians who get in his way and fake it so well that even his superiors don't realize that they're really just knocked out. And on top of that he finally gives the one bit of information that completely lets Chuuta off the hook for the incident years ago: he'd felt the cliff already starting to give way, meaning that Chuuta's slip only made them fall a little earlier than they otherwise would have. At last, not only do we have him apparently manage to truly overcome his guilt, but he gets rewarded for that growth by reconciling with his friend, finding out that the other two may also be alive, and discovering that there really wasn't any reason to be guilty in the first place.
Old 2017-02-06, 21:46   Link #32
grecefar

Well I have to say that the last two chapters were pretty good, chapter 4 was pretty funny and chapter 5 was pretty good with the meeting with the two childhood friend and the posibility of the other two being alive, the mother apologizing with chuta at the end was nice too.

sonokata arrested at the end... that's karma for you.
Old 2017-02-12, 13:17   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, now we have more info on Misuzu, as well as a new jerk. I had a feeling she'd be a jerk from the moment I saw those red twin tails. That much at least is quite predictable. Just like I'm sure she'll eventually come around and accept him, or at least recognize that while he can be slow and clumsy he can still be relied on in a pinch.

So, Misuzu's incredible power doesn't come from some sort of natural genius or alien heritage or anything like that. She's just a normal girl who was put through some sort of hellish experiments years ago, experiments that had a major impact on her personality, cost her all her memory of the period, and threw her systems out of balance so badly that she requires regular medication to survive (and she doesn't even know), with the sole advantage of giving her a special alien organ that produces SPH and lets her fight. Might not be an entirely original backstory, but still a harsh one nonetheless.

One thing's for sure though, I don't buy the line that she snapped, broke Dragline out and then promptly forgot it. For one thing, it would make it so that she's found "not guilty" while still making her the culprit, quite possibly resulting in her being kicked off the force as a serious liability. For another, as the captain said, it's just too convenient. She's put in a position where her colleagues, who are among the very few who can actually reach Strangelove, have to contact him for her sake right as people are trying to track the guy down. Yeah, I'm not buying the spy story OR the story of a momentary forgotten mental fit.
Old 2017-02-15, 20:12   Link #34
grecefar

Maybe blackmail?

Finally get to meet those two girls, veronica it's your typical tsundere and ninotchika your typical kind and sweet girl (or not) at leats she have the plus that she can see doru, talking about doru it was funny in this chapter and all that he can learn skills with the TV. Now they can show an old man death with all his torso open with blood and the bones but they can't show some pantsu...
Old 2017-02-16, 18:29   Link #35
The 48th Ronin

Don't tell me this show is low-key turning into harem?

PS: Two new hot girls. Yay.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 13:51   Link #36
EroKing

Are you people not entertained?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 10:27.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 23:45   Link #37
The 48th Ronin

Hell yes.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 13:17   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

With the new ep, while it doesn't necessarily look like Chuta's going to go the harem route, though that said Veronica certainly seems to have acknowledged him as having some genuine worth.

Now though I'm curious just why Misuzu's started to react to Chuta's SPH/BO. Judging from the nose plug it must smell different to her, though it apparently hasn't actually changed. So something changed on her end; either she became sensitive to different smells, or somehow her opinion/feelings toward Chuta resulted in her body to react differently to the smell. Interested to find out just what it really is. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if it turns out to be like so many shows where a girl develops an actual interest or excitement from a particular boy's scent. If it's that then the disgust she shows could then be her not yet wanting to accept those feelings.
Old 2017-02-26, 17:05   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no shouting "Hang on, Dulugh!" in space...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 18:10   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There's no shouting "Hang on, Dulugh!" in space...
There is while the air's still venting. And if it wasn't, there'd be no wind to hang on against.

It's also a good idea to empty your lungs, though the real good idea is to not let that happen...