AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 11 39.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-14, 11:27   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
@Obelisk ze Tormentor : OK now that you mention it, Carta's DEFINITELY a Mashymre Cello indeed.

That's one heck of a way to do re-entry, Mikazuki. Nowhere else in the Gundam franchise do we see an MS re-entry by using the MS he just defeated as a shield.
No, but Dr McNinja once rode a robot Dracula down from the Moon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 11:41   Link #22
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Reactive armour? Shout out to Aldnoah.Zero?
lol they are similar.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 12:23   Link #23
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
lol they are similar.
Aldnoah.Zero backwards, its the martian who used the armor against an earthling who are the ones that threatened mars.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 12:25   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Reactive Armour has basis IRL. It's not exclusive to Aldnoah.
Old 2016-02-14, 12:35   Link #25
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Reactive Armour has basis IRL. It's not exclusive to Aldnoah.
to be fair, the U.C. universe alone had multiple versions & uses of the RA, its not new in Gundam anyways.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 13:35   Link #26
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
Aldnoah.Zero backwards, its the martian who used the armor against an earthling who are the ones that threatened mars.
But the Martians still have the Princess.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 17:28   Link #27
Tchadnis

if Ein does not die from this i'm we will be seeing him with a crushed body and Alaya-Vijnana System to help him fight or something.. regardless i give this episiode a special thumb up cause for a min i was like "oh no not a gundam seed type of earth athmosphere entry" then i was like "oh sh*t he rode the enemy back "hahaha" hilarious" but it was wonderfully made .

PS: it obvious that Carta as a blonde guy fetish because of Chocolate man , you could tell she is bitter he is engaged to his loli fiance
Old 2016-02-14, 17:44   Link #28
Wandering Soul

That was a tense fight and Mika had a close call there. Fortunately they made it to Earth and Mika finally gets to see the moon.

Ein's isnot dead, but I can's say I really would have cared if he was.

Carta seems competent, even if she was out done by Orga. She also seems hammy and over the top but her crew is used to it. She also has a crush on McGillis but lost to a loli.
Old 2016-02-14, 17:59   Link #29
dienrachen

Whoa. For a moment, Mika really seemed to accept death there. All without blinking either. Kid's stone cold... even worse than I anticipated from his pop-pop time, that is.

Also, yay for glorious mobilesuit and ship combat! Can't remember the last time ships were useful in Gundam. Captain Heinkel eat your heart out - THAT's how you make your ship useful!
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 18:01   Link #30
Twi

The last guy I saw attempt a reentry was in Gundam Crossbones with a beam shield, and he lost half his body from the attempt.

As for Carta, I can't take her seriously. I get what she's trying to do, but seriously. And then the childhood crush on him, I cracked up. That being said, she was at least competent in getting rid of the chaff.

Eugene better not have died either. Eins is going to kill someone if he returns alive. If I have to choose between him or the Tekkadan kids, I prefer the latter. Let him die knowing he saved his superior... twice.
Old 2016-02-14, 18:24   Link #31
Irenesharda

That was an excellent episode!

It was so tense and exciting. We get more background on everyone and all of our cast gets a chance to shine as out heroes finally make it to Earth.

Cmdr Carta Issue, who I assume is also one of the Seven Stars is one weird woman who is spoiled and snobbish and has an inferiority complex. She's a figure-head and it shows, she orders people around but she doesn't seem to have really any idea of how to command at all. She is infatuated with McGillis, so much so that she's surrounded herself with blonds. I have a feeling that she cares nothing about him though.

Speaking of McGillis, he seems to be true in what he's trying to accomplish and wants to see if Tekkadan is strong enough to push forward with their ideal and beliefs. We also get a hint at his background when he says that his REAL name is Montag, and somehow I don't think he's lying. To see them all as kids, McGillis stands out amongst them. Honestly he reminded me of a blond Mika. He seem to harbor a lot of anger and hate and has for some time.

The fights were just plain awesome, Carta is incompetent but her men are very loyal. Tekkadan shows their mischievous fighting chops as Eugene shows why he's the helmsman and that he can be very cool when he wants to be. Seeing him drive those two ships on his own using his AV system was just plain awesome.

But that wasn't the end of it. Shino and Akihiro show their chops with the Turbine girls providing much needed backup. I loved seeing Mika go all out against Gaelio and Ein going serious. I don't think he's dead, but he's going to be out of commission for awhile. Gaelio is going to want to get revenge.

Meanwhile, the best part of the fight was seeing McGillis and Mika out fighting together with their medieval mech weapons of a mace and broadswords. Them fighting back to back was just so overwhelmingly amazing. I feel like I'm just gushing now.

And then there was that reentry scene with Mika trying to catch up and seeing Atra getting torn apart worrying for him and Orga also falling apart. However, he remembers what he and Orga talked about as kids and Mika survives riding another mech down, to the cheers of everyone.

But now that they're on Earth, what will happen next? It looks like they get to their destination pretty quickly, but we'll have to see where the talk goes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 18:32   Link #32
Twi

Carta wasn't incompetent, she gave the commands. And when the chaff went up, she was the one who told them how to burn it away. I can't take her seriously, and she's a bit of a hammy brat, but think about her position. They kicked her upstairs into a position with men who basically get the shaft because its a useless job in modern view, yet both she and her men put up a decent fight compared to Coral.
Old 2016-02-14, 18:39   Link #33
velvet nightmare

damn, i was hoping barbatos would transform into something like wing gundam
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 18:57   Link #34
Kurohane

And still did not believe for a second Mikazuki would actually die...
Old 2016-02-14, 19:02   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Carta wasn't incompetent, she gave the commands. And when the chaff went up, she was the one who told them how to burn it away. I can't take her seriously, and she's a bit of a hammy brat, but think about her position. They kicked her upstairs into a position with men who basically get the shaft because its a useless job in modern view, yet both she and her men put up a decent fight compared to Coral.
Unfortunately for her, it was her mission to screw up. The mission resulted in the destruction of Gjallarhorn's orbital base and the lives of a lot of men, with not a single kill on her part to show for it. I do not want to be in her shoes when she has to explain that failure.
Old 2016-02-14, 19:09   Link #36
Kurohane

Looking through comments on another site, and one person pointed out how Mika and Ein are actually quite similar:
Quote:
WHOA
HOLD UP
Mika and Ein hate being looked down upon. Both of them are extremely loyal to a certain person who didn't look down on them. So loyal, in fact, that they'd go as far as to risk their own lives just to be useful to that person. Both of them have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them have Martian blood. Could it be that they are somehow related?
Old 2016-02-14, 19:15   Link #37
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Well Mika does have affinity for brutality when it comes to his enemies. Quite surprised to see chocoman to actually come out in his mobile suit to help out. I would have expected Carta's mobile suit to be revealed first before Chocoman when he inevitably turn against the Tekkadan once he is done with them.
I knew McGillis would come out to fight, and actually I'm hoping that he doesn't turn against them. He really seems to need them to complete his goals, and like he said, he has no reason or even ability to trick them. His vengeance and anger seems to be totally with his dad and the corrupt parts of Gjallerhorn, he seems to instinctively be an honorable person.

Interestingly, it's even to the point where Mika actually gave him a job to do an trusts him to do it. Also, I'm guessing that he was originally a Montag before he was a Fareed and he wants to build up his real families company as well that from the summary, seems like a more mature version of Tekkadan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
LOL typical Okada, can't help but tie more characters as childhood friends. Can't say I mind, since that pretty much allows me to easier swallow chocoman/imouto's engagement as they've known each other since the latter's birth.
Well, it makes sense. I'm thinking that Carta is also a member of the Seven Stars and so, since these nobles seem to like to keep everything in the family, it would make sense for them to have their children be friends and/or court each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I found her commands pretty one note. It's basically "Shoot them" and that's it. She doesn't seem to know anything about strategy or tactics. She did do well with the chaff, but it was rather reactionary. She really underestimates her opponents because of her pride and arrogance.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 20:16   Link #38
Chosen_Hero

I don't ever remember geeking out as hard as I did while watching this episode during any other gundam series, this is in my opinion the best gundam, the haters can go to hell with their laser spamming and space japanese jesus MCs, this is gundam in top form.

Quote:
More like putting them in their place.
Old 2016-02-14, 22:49   Link #39
Kurohane

Wonder what the rest of the series has planned. This looked like it could have been the final episode. No way, the war will be covered in the last few episodes. We don't even know what will trigger it. Kudelia finally got that handshake with Mika; she's got the firsthand experience she planned to by traveling with Tekkadan. Mikazuki saw the moon. Next is I guess some teary goodbyes, before she heads to her meeting, which will give Mars the full metal rights. What happens from there?
Old 2016-02-14, 22:58   Link #40
Skye629

You know what would be hilarious?

Most of Carta's force were not naturally blondes but as a requirement to joining her force they had to go and dye their hair blonde
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion