AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 4 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 23.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-12, 22:09   Link #21
yanzzy5

Thank god they bypassed the maze arc. As much as i like character building, gate isnt one of those shows that I'm interested in because of the characters the genre that hooked me in is the world building ie. how empire and japan interact. So good job ep. 6 you get a 10/10 for not showing that god awful arc.
Old 2016-02-12, 23:04   Link #22
Ultragunner

well as we should have expected, the Prince and his group of friends have way too much pride, hopefully that will bite them back later
Old 2016-02-13, 03:27   Link #23
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i am not sure about what version of this episode you guys have, i could have sworn there was an animation error at 06:17, the inn manager suddenly vanished as in like he teleported that reveals the fairy in the next scene, its like he suddenly gets replaced with said fairy in a flash.
Old 2016-02-13, 04:31   Link #24
Yan3242

Rondel city look amazing, you can definitely feel the atmosphere as magic city

And that granny grandmaster remind me of someone.... A certain blonde lady who lived in neo venezia

I chuckle when lelei mention the "isolated" place
Old 2016-02-13, 04:34   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if human resources are included in the resources Itami's supposed to look for. Rondel's basically the only chance the Empire has of resisting (is it even an Imperial city?), so if Japan cuts a deal with them, the Empire will be even more cornered.
Old 2016-02-13, 05:14   Link #26
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Manga Arpeggio >>>>>>>> Anime Arpeggio. Anime version is so generic. Looks like a background character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i am not sure about what version of this episode you guys have, i could have sworn there was an animation error at 06:17, the inn manager suddenly vanished as in like he teleported that reveals the fairy in the next scene, its like he suddenly gets replaced with said fairy in a flash.
Go back and watch it again. It's not easy to see, but the backgrounds are slightly different. It's a split screen view. The director of the series seems to be a fan of them, since they happen occasionally, but usually the backgrounds are dissimilar enough that it's obvious that it's a split screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder if human resources are included in the resources Itami's supposed to look for. Rondel's basically the only chance the Empire has of resisting (is it even an Imperial city?), so if Japan cuts a deal with them, the Empire will be even more cornered.
It's probably in Rondel's best interest to stay completely neutral as an institution. If they officially ally with the JSDF, then they'll have plenty of Empire sympathizers among their wizards who would be in a fine position to tear the place down from the inside. If they actively ally with the Empire, then sooner or later the Empire will call on them en masse, which would make the JSDF need to invade, which they would not be able to stop, though they might make it costly. In the meantime, any wizards who want to help the Empire would be free to, as would any who wish to teach the JSDF about magic (or, as in Lelei's case, actively assist them), as long as any conflict stays out of Rondel.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-02-13 at 05:33.
Old 2016-02-13, 07:50   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Manga Arpeggio >>>>>>>> Anime Arpeggio. Anime version is so generic. Looks like a background character...
I feel this is generally true for developed adult female characters.
The anime seems to go for younger than expected looks.
Old 2016-02-13, 09:24   Link #28
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so who's thinks the emperor will pull a Nick Fury?, managed to survive the poisoning either by the power of planet earth's medical science or they had to hire somebody to go on a journey to find the antidote but still earth medical science assisted,
then pretended being dead to see who's the true culprit behind all of this while his bag of dicks son made a full retard of himself at the throne & dug his own grave deeper than ever before.
Old 2016-02-13, 10:32   Link #29
ReddyRedWolf

*Sees that explosion inside Rondol District's R&D*

We can pretty much guess Lelei's doctorate thesis.

The Path of Explosions Intensifies...

Oh those POWS they are idiots.
Old 2016-02-13, 11:08   Link #30
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
*Sees that explosion inside Rondol District's R&D*

We can pretty much guess Lelei's doctorate thesis.

The Path of Explosions Intensifies...
I wasn't entirely certain, but from previous conversations with her master I'd guess application of chemistry and other natural sciences to the enhancement of magical spells and formulas?

Either way, I can certainly see why that R&D department has those super-high, super-thick walls. I expect a significant portion of the city's budget each year goes into both repairing and improving those walls.
Old 2016-02-13, 12:42   Link #31
DemonneoPT

That Sherry girl is so funny. Love how everyone sees Sugawara as her future husband...lol. Poor guy, that must be awkward given the society he lives in xD.
The anime is now entering in a part beyond the manga. Let's hope they do not rush to a point where even an anime only watcher can see that happening...

I'm curious to know if Lelei will pass the test or if the people there will not even comprehend what she has accomplished. At least the old lady seemed to understand the paper xD
Old 2016-02-13, 12:49   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If all else fails, blow up the examiners.
Old 2016-02-13, 13:19   Link #33
knaka148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

Go back and watch it again. It's not easy to see, but the backgrounds are slightly different. It's a split screen view. The director of the series seems to be a fan of them, since they happen occasionally, but usually the backgrounds are dissimilar enough that it's obvious that it's a split screen.

It's probably in Rondel's best interest to stay completely neutral as an institution. If they officially ally with the JSDF, then they'll have plenty of Empire sympathizers among their wizards who would be in a fine position to tear the place down from the inside. If they actively ally with the Empire, then sooner or later the Empire will call on them en masse, which would make the JSDF need to invade, which they would not be able to stop, though they might make it costly. In the meantime, any wizards who want to help the Empire would be free to, as would any who wish to teach the JSDF about magic (or, as in Lelei's case, actively assist them), as long as any conflict stays out of Rondel.
Eh, them staying neutral probably works out for the JSDF as well. If we consider the JSDF's goal here is to minimize the amount of active allies the empire has in a resistance scenario, then having a few Rondel wizards here and there is preferable to having the entire city behind them.
Old 2016-02-13, 13:55   Link #34
rladls2121

Strange, Itami is still treated as no more than Rory's servant in Rondel's hotel and given below average room.

In the beginning of the episode, he rather got rewarded than being punished for disobeying.
All of a sudden from Itami's beard superior, he received unbelievable things from other countries in this world and saying something about how his status of this world went all of these because of Duran

In Rondel not many people there not much known of Itami Youji as one of the people who defeated the Fire Dragon.
I thought the news will spread fast in Rondel considering place like Rondel is like a know-how country.
Old 2016-02-13, 14:27   Link #35
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Strange, Itami is still treated as no more than Rory's servant in Rondel's hotel and given below average room.
They may have heard about him, but they may do not recognize him. They have no TV or newspapers.
Old 2016-02-13, 14:50   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Heh. That's true. I wonder if he's rumored to be 7-feet tall, with arms like tree trunks and eyes like steel, cold and hard.
Old 2016-02-13, 18:25   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
That Sherry girl is so funny. Love how everyone sees Sugawara as her future husband...lol. Poor guy, that must be awkward given the society he lives in xD.
When in Rome, as they say. But yeah, a civilization closely resembling the Middle Ages would likely have no problem with a twelve-year-old, especially the daughter of a nobleman, already having a fiancé. As I mentioned earlier, in the Middle Ages it wasn't even seen as inappropriate for a noble lady to be married and live as a proper wife at twelve. I'd say Sugawara should be thankful though. Considering how different the cultures are, it wouldn't actually have been all that strange to have a "nobleman" or official from a foreign power pushed quickly into a politically-motivated marriage. And when you're trying to be diplomatic, just what do you say to influential members of the other nation who intend to marry their daughter to you immediately? Do you reject them at the risk of severely offending them and damaging your nation's image in the eyes of their people? Or do you take on a bride who's far too young and try to explain the diplomatic necessity to your superiors before they have you arrested? So yeah, he's got it good. Rather than being expected to take an underage bride whose only education is in areas like embroidery and dance, he gets a future bride with a political wit sharp enough to immediately grasp a situation and determine how best to help her beloved succeed.
Old 2016-02-13, 20:57   Link #38
kukuru

If we look at the grandmaster only this comes to mind.

Now if only someone invented a potion of youth
Old 2016-02-13, 21:47   Link #39
rladls2121

Pina and Sherry, only these two are who are looking forward to this peace ceremony more than usual than all others.
They both have personal reasons for it, but looking at their country stakes people will just let it slide, but hard to forget.
Old 2016-02-13, 22:08   Link #40
eisai_haramasukoi

Wow they moefied Arpeggio, too.

Putting a dragon's head in front of a city. That's what I call good propaganda.

But despite that, Zorzal is still a warmongering asshole. Can I assume here that Tyuule is the one behind the Molt's assassination?
Closed Thread