AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 7 29.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 20.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-05, 20:27   Link #21
Brother Coa
Banned

This episode described in one picture:

Spoiler for Picture:

As for the episode itself it could have been better. I mean we have our dragon dead ( he will be confirmed dead later aldo in manga you could see that right there, there was no 'falling down to dark pit scene' ), Tuka normal and military bringing some much needed democracy to big bad red dragon ( get the reference ).

But episode was rushed, and I mean rushed. Entire dragoon arc took one LN and for manga it was some 10 chapters. And here we have it done in like 3 episodes, with the most described part done in just one. Aldo next part of the GATE is the most interesting as I have heard from people who read LN I would hate to see it being rushed like this arc was.

And that's pretty much the only problem I have, cannot wait for next episode whe nreally interesting arc begins.

One last thing - about SDF coming to help Itami... They didn't just appear out of nowhere back there. In manga their entire trip was described in detail. I have no idea will they explain this in next episode or not, since it will never be brought up again, I will leave it in spoiler case just in case for those who want to read that.

Spoiler for SDF coming to help Itami:
Old 2016-02-05, 20:39   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
This episode described in one picture:

Spoiler for Picture:
Maxim 6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Old 2016-02-05, 21:58   Link #23
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

10/10 episode for all the good explosions.
Old 2016-02-05, 22:04   Link #24
Wandering Soul

That was exciting to watch. The dragon is dead, Tuka has come to terms with what happened. Revenge has truly been served. Lelei was acting sort of scary during the fight.

Giselle tried to come off as threatening and a big threat, but the SDF put an end to that.
Old 2016-02-05, 22:04   Link #25
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Well, I kind of knew what was going to happen having read the manga, but I was surprised they did it all in one episode. Stilll, they did an excellent job of animating the fight scene, including Lelei's badass UBW attack and the final "by our powers combined" (Tuka's lighting, Lelei's swords and Itami's C-4) death of the dragon.

And then, there was the "Japan FUCK YEAH!" ending, deus ex machina, but still awesome. Fuck your dragons, Giselle, we have artillery, jets, helicopters, and missiles!
Old 2016-02-05, 22:30   Link #26
Top Sergeant

For showing a modern western military in action this show once again does everything right. A Forward Observer (FO) controlling the fire, a ranging round, coordinated combined arms attack, its just beautiful.

And Leilei had some great screen time, and especially
Spoiler for line:
Old 2016-02-05, 23:21   Link #27
rladls2121

Good thing this volcano did not erupt, there are news that recent volcano erupted in Japan.

Looking at those magmas from the eruptions, dragon's fire breath, rocket launchers, tank's cannon, bombs from the planes, I wonder which of them is the most dangerous?

Itami had to call out those elves too often when their moves seen as mistakes to him.

It had to took a lot of fire power to defeat only one big dragon, and if not eventually all the elves from the village lives has to be lost in the future someday.
Old 2016-02-05, 23:38   Link #28
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Well, I kind of knew what was going to happen having read the manga, but I was surprised they did it all in one episode. Stilll, they did an excellent job of animating the fight scene, including Lelei's badass UBW attack and the final "by our powers combined" (Tuka's lighting, Lelei's swords and Itami's C-4) death of the dragon.

And then, there was the "Japan FUCK YEAH!" ending, deus ex machina, but still awesome. Fuck your dragons, Giselle, we have artillery, jets, helicopters, and missiles!
You clearly have no idea what a Deus ex Machina is. Did you even watch the previous episode where they started sending those forces out?
Old 2016-02-05, 23:55   Link #29
rladls2121

Who voiced Giselle?

It seems Rory's true power is still rather unmeasurable.
Giselle herself said that she can fight evenly with Rory with the two dragons tamed by her side.
And here Rory just took the damage because of some contract with Itami, wait how did Itami received damage?
I thought Itami did not even once took a direct physical hit from the dragon?

Giselle, with those blue skins and some paint-looking lines, does that creature remind everyone of something?
But those clothes she is wearing similar to Rory's, does not look good on her in my opinion.

Nope, they did not eat the dragons, I think.
Old 2016-02-06, 01:55   Link #30
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
It was sitting on 70-odd kilos of C-4 which went off when Tuka's electrical storm hit the wires connected to the detonators. C-4 is a high explosive, producing a very very fast shockwave designed to tear things apart (as opposed to a low explosive like gunpowder which produces a slower shockwave).

There should be clear evidence later in the storyline that the adult fire dragon is really dead, if the anime tracks the manga. No spoilers.
Yeah normally I say no body no kill but they did show its arm being blown off and various parts of its body get exploded...so you know close enough....

Dark Elf Canon Fodder to be fair though Giselle attacked immediately so give them a chance although with one exception you just met people so its hard to mourn their loss.

Good Old Modern Fire Power.
Old 2016-02-06, 02:09   Link #31
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
And here Rory just took the damage because of some contract with Itami, wait how did Itami received damage?
If you noticed, He took a Panzerfaust backblast at point-blank range.

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2016-02-06, 08:45   Link #32
The 48th Ronin

Ah, finally, the climax of the Flame Dragon arc. Those explosion will really make Michael Bay happy.

Yay, another demigod, this time with more bewbs. And JDSF wasted a lot of missile and ammunition on two barely adolescent dragons.

All in all, a nice way to close this arc. I hope Tuka is finally sane again. And looks like the next episode is gonna be interesting.
Old 2016-02-06, 08:51   Link #33
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Who voiced Giselle?

I'll have to watch the fight again, but I think I saw him get hit by the dragon's tail.
Old 2016-02-06, 09:28   Link #34
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

This episode need

Spoiler for march:
Old 2016-02-06, 09:45   Link #35
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Who voiced Giselle?
Sakura Ayane.
Old 2016-02-06, 09:55   Link #36
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Michael Bay would love this episode. But then he would change everything to make it have more explosions, sexist with scantly clad females and racist stereotype with some "American -Bleep- Yeah!" on top of it.
Old 2016-02-06, 10:05   Link #37
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

in a Star Trek RED SHIRT tradition, i could have sworn the part where they made out of the cave & said 'everyone's alright' was hilariously fucked up disturbing, yeah they suddenly forgot they hired a platoon of brave-noble rocket launcher wielding NAMED Dark Elves who are also the precious people that they were trying to protect from the enemy in the first place, with Yao being the worst offender as those were her own freaking people & the one who wanted Itami to save their lives, she just smiles there with Itami & gang for a moment before miss Blue Face revealed her eviiiiil!!! plan to Yao that its why her clan was attacked in the first place, seems out of character for a moment.
Old 2016-02-06, 10:45   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What he actually meant is "does anyone here need medical attention?". A practical concern, not an emotional one. The others were beyond help anyway.

(Though mostly, during the fight, I thought "and that's why you should have listened to Yanagida and brought people who'd actually drilled with the damn things.")
Old 2016-02-06, 10:53   Link #39
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Who voiced Giselle?

It seems Rory's true power is still rather unmeasurable.
Giselle herself said that she can fight evenly with Rory with the two dragons tamed by her side.
Aside from pieces of rock and debris flying everywhere, I THINK he got hit with the blowback of one of the rocket launchers. Would have to watch it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Michael Bay would love this episode. But then he would change everything to make it have more explosions, sexist with scantly clad females and racist stereotype with some "American -Bleep- Yeah!" on top of it.
I'd love to see an authentic Michael Bay Hollywood adaptation of this no matter how bad it is.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:54   Link #40
hoshino_crimsonwings

Anyone else replay the Leilei magic sword scene while playing Unlimited blade works theme in the background?