AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: What'd you think bout the episode?
Perfect 10 4 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 41.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 31.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-01-31, 10:37   Link #21
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Clangity clang. Clangity clang clang.

Kudelia went and did it now...blindly jumping into a fight is a REALLY bad idea. Give a speech? Sure. Have your underlings engage in combat with an enemy of unknown size? BAD IDEA. REALLY BAD IDEA.

See, Wing Gundam Zero or Freedom/Strike Freedom would have cleaned that fleet up. But Barbatos + Gusion + red grunt suit? Ehhhh...NOPE.
It's like how Strike Freedom specialty is one vs army, while Destiny is one vs one.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 10:41   Link #22
Wandering Soul

The fights in IBO are still as exciting as ever. Mika may still not be good at dealing with fast mobile suits but at least now he has some more back up. He also has a enemy who has now been dubbed" Gali Gali".

Kudelia is also shedding her indesciveness and taking the initiative. She is starting to become the hero Fumitan saw her as.She most likely cut some sort of deal with Gordon to allow that broadcast and we'll probably see what it was next episode.
Old 2016-01-31, 10:42   Link #23
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Gali Gali and Chocoman on the Quest to Reform Gjallarhorn!!

Anyways, this episode is intense as heck!

The battle is kinda short, but it's gritty and straight-to-the-point with no useless mid-air poses after every attack.

Kudelia stepping up her game (finally!) and making her own moves is a treat to watch. She's finally out of the sidelines now!
Old 2016-01-31, 10:45   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
They could have just gotten away. They already got to the Isaribi, but then Kudelia decided to go and pick a fight because hurr durr heroine of hope durr. If that's Joan of Arc, her story does NOT end well. It wasn't so much the "it's either get captured or die fighting". The third option was "get to the Isaribi, don't make trouble, and high tail it out of there, WHILE making a speech, WITHOUT picking a fight".

Also, at the end of the day, picking a fight basically did nothing since the fleet was already trashing the worker mobile suits, Mika launched, and then Gaelio launched and locked him in combat anyway, so the workers went back to being trashed. So in the end, it was basically a needless risk of life.

People are saying "oh Kudelia got some resolve!", well, yes, but she also made an extremely stupid call instead of understanding what she could accomplish in the situation. Lacus made sure that her side had the capacity to defend itself and accomplish its objectives. Kudelia instead goes in blind.

We'll see if her speech does anything, or Gordon Nobliss can order the giant fleet to back off, because those two rinky-dink gundams and their repainted grunt suit are NOT going to be able to stop an entire fleet.
Heh, all I will say to you is: let's see the result of her decision in the next episode cause result speaks louder than words .
Old 2016-01-31, 10:52   Link #25
bastek66

Finally some mecha action and
Images
fanservice
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-01-31, 11:02   Link #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, but usually main cast is solution not cause at least.
They're not the cause of the violence here either. They didn't intend to start any battle.
Quote:
They could have just gotten away. They already got to the Isaribi, but then Kudelia decided to go and pick a fight because hurr durr heroine of hope durr. If that's Joan of Arc, her story does NOT end well. It wasn't so much the "it's either get captured or die fighting". The third option was "get to the Isaribi, don't make trouble, and high tail it out of there, WHILE making a speech, WITHOUT picking a fight".
Kudelia has a point, though, that she's already involved. It makes it look bad for her to abandon those people when she's in need of support for Mars herself.
Quote:
Also, at the end of the day, picking a fight basically did nothing since the fleet was already trashing the worker mobile suits, Mika launched, and then Gaelio launched and locked him in combat anyway, so the workers went back to being trashed. So in the end, it was basically a needless risk of life.
Keep in mind that her plan is to tell everyone what's happening. The ones who want to be involved in the battle is Tekkadan.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 11:07   Link #27
Tenzen12

But without Kudelias speech, violence wouldn't lead to full scale war of Independence. Few hundreds of colonist would get massacred and it would be end of it. Kudelia could continue with her mission and reach Mars Independence by peaceful means. Other places would follow suite.

Quote:

People are saying "oh Kudelia got some resolve!", well, yes, but she also made an extremely stupid call instead of understanding what she could accomplish in the situation. Lacus made sure that her side had the capacity to defend itself and accomplish its objectives. Kudelia instead goes in blind.

We'll see if her speech does anything, or Gordon Nobliss can order the giant fleet to back off, because those two rinky-dink gundams and their repainted grunt suit are NOT going to be able to stop an entire fleet.
It's not like Kudelia was one to make decision. Putting aside Orga who has to think about his man ALL of Tekkadan present expressed their desire stop meaningless slaughter against protesters. It was collective decision so there is no point blame Kudelia for that.

I too think it would be better idea, ignore it and escape for greater good, but noone would be happy about it.
Old 2016-01-31, 11:13   Link #28
monster

Quote:
It's not like Kudelia was one to make decision. Putting aside Orga who has to think about his man ALL of Tekkadan present expressed their desire stop meaningless slaughter against protesters. It was collective decision so there is no point blame Kudelia for that.

I too think it would be better idea, ignore it and escape for greater good, but noone would be happy about it.
Even then, they might still be detected anyway. So it's good to be proactive about security.
Old 2016-01-31, 11:19   Link #29
Tenzen12

Pitting theirself into middle of warzone and being proactive about security is not exactly same thing in my book...
Old 2016-01-31, 11:22   Link #30
dienrachen

Actually, drawing attention to themselves is really the only move that could save their collective butts. Gjallarhorn has gone to great lengths to fabricate the story where they could be legitimately oppressing a violent protest.

Murdering Kudelia - especially right after a broadcast EVERYONE could see - would likely put them in hot water. So, it'd be easier for them to simply let the princess walk away this time.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 11:43   Link #31
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

tallgeese???
Old 2016-01-31, 12:01   Link #32
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Finally we get to see Kudelia as a character start to pay off and the political drama truly begins. What starts off as a desire to alleviate her people from poverty is going to end up as a class warfare between the working class and the noble/elites.
More like break the economic system that Gjallarhorn has imposed on humanity. The Earth power blocs are sympathetic to Kudelia's cause but even they are on the leash because of Gjallarhorn.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 12:12   Link #33
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

man, i feel sorry for those Union workers & their army as the weapons they used & given was defective as f**k, i mean they were basically UNARMED when the enemy slaughtered them all, there was no chance of defending themselves at all,

so Ein's reaction towards Mr. Crank's stolen now renamed Ryusei-Go Graze was like "how dare you make my manly sempai's machine now look like a sissy with that paint job!"
so the Gusion Rebake has yet to use its Graze sub-arms since its battle debut, Akihiro saving Mika is literally a reverse of Mika saving Akihiro in the first place, a mirror image,

& its confirmed that Gjallarhorn is this series' version of the Earth Federation along with their 72 Gundams, probably fought against their versions of Zeon, Cosmo Babylonia, Jupiter Empire, & Zanscare Empire, like the U.C.'s E.F. they fell into corruption, the irony is that the Gundams that are once their pride now fell into the hands from different sides & fighting each other,

i think Chocolate man & Gali Gali should be a comedy duo stage name.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 12:18   Link #34
dienrachen

I think they weren't defective - they were working as intended. And by that I mean sabotaged. Gjallarhorn wanted their enemies to line up for a 'battle', but didn't want to go as far as making said enemies be any dangerous whatsoever.

...which is kind of an awfully logical plan. I think this is the first time I've seen something like that happen in Gundam!
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 12:43   Link #35
monster

Quote:
Pitting theirself into middle of warzone and being proactive about security is not exactly same thing in my book...
It's not, but when you are trying to cross a warzone, it sometimes may well be the same thing.
Old 2016-01-31, 13:03   Link #36
Jestersage

I keep hearing someone here want to be able to beam spam.

I am wondering if he's the kind of guy who's looking at our (real world's) war and wondering why US don't just carpet bomb / nuke those area and expect an easy peace to come back.

Then again, it's said that that Gundam is oriented toward kids... so that could be the issue.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 13:46   Link #37
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's not, but when you are trying to cross a warzone, it sometimes may well be the same thing.
They didn't have to cross it. Space is not limited by two dimensions so they could go literally in ANY direction but one to avoid it. Remember Gjallahorn was positioned to engage protesters heading to DORT 3 and quite busy wiping them out. Even if Gjallahorn detected Isaribi, they wouldn't be able spare much fighting forces without letting their main target escape.
Old 2016-01-31, 14:06   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The main target that's on space stations and has no ships? And non functional weapons? That main target?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 14:14   Link #39
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
I guess this is the turning point episode which lead everyone to their respective fate and future. I mean seriously, EVERYONE. Princess Kudelia standing up, Mikazuki's forever follow Orga start to waver and have his own will bit by bit. And other people also.

Sadly i can pretty much see how this gundam series will end, everyone will die and the last man standing type who is Kudelia.
No this series seems like its taking on a more realistic approach. In the end fighting won't be what completes this revolution but politics will.

First time Gundam has took on a actual realistic approach and had politics make sense. How they where going to wrap up the series in such little time made zero sense until now.

I can't see such a ending being kids i can appreciate this story because I am a 23 year old adult with different taste. A kids just going to want epic battles and not care if the politics or characters are fleshed out completely ala Gundam Wing which I loved as a kid.
Old 2016-01-31, 14:26   Link #40
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I love how this far in, IBO still maintains that sense of WEIGHT that the mobile suit battles have, that you really feel that they're several-ton heavy machines clashing against each other instead of just being enlarged superhumans. That last strike with the Rebake's tomahawk throw against Ein that caused his Graze and the Kimaris to collide felt so powerful. Also, that FACE OPEN

Also, it was already suspicious that there just conveniently were fully fueled combat machines ready for the workers to use, turns out it was all a well-orchestrated trap though.

As for Kudelia, I suspect she may have used some underhanded tactics to convince Nobliss to go along with her plans (hence why they were able to broadcast without interference), and I'll suspect we'll see exactly what she did next episode. The fact that she was able to turn the tables on him though really says something about how she's no longer taking any shit now from anyone. Be the hero that Fumitan saw you as Kudelia, honor her memory ;-;

Wonder if the guys behind Break Blade are helping. Break Blade was the 2nd series in a long long time where mechs actually had weight and didn't fly around like paper. The first being the Vision of Escaflowne.

Tags
weekly episode discussion