AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-28, 21:15   Link #21
Twi

And now it's uncomfortable... can we change the topic?
Old 2016-01-28, 21:16   Link #22
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Rape is humiliation and torture at it's highest form, and it's a traumatic experience. I would rather die then rape or be raped (regardless of me being male). If I were handed a gun and I was to shoot 2 people, one was a rapist and the other a murderer I would shoot the rapist multiple times in a non vital area, kill the murderer and then kill the rapist. Rape doesn't make a story better, it makes it harder for a lot of people to read and for a good reason too.
While I do agree with the opinion, that rape would make the story only worse, the strange feeling of her beeing treated so gentlemanly was strong. The author should have made it into being just outsmarted or some theft. If you are a "bad guy" and drug a pretty girl and take all her possessions it would be only natural if you used this chance to have some more fun... It tries too hard for the comedic value instead of at least a elusive image of reality.
And yeah, it is horribly shounenish. One example: it has "Guts power ups" where he power ups when he faces trouble...
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 21:21   Link #23
Twi

When does that happen?
Old 2016-01-28, 21:22   Link #24
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Rape this rape that...

Nothing like that here.... this is a very shounen novel

So shounen that the romance is almost non-existent... was why I stopped reading
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 21:37   Link #25
Rasty

^^ Second heroine introduction, can't remember where exactly it was, first 80 chapters are so slow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Rape this rape that...

Nothing like that here.... this is a very shounen novel

So shounen that the romance is almost non-existent... was why I stopped reading
I stopped reading
Spoiler for :
Old 2016-01-28, 21:49   Link #26
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
The same could be said to this mage just because some brat took his title of the best he already decide he must have another shoot in life, what happends if he trains in white magic in his next life becames the best only to lose his title again to a more young and talent guy is he going to start a third life?
50% of problem wasn't that brat took his title or that he was lowest in Red Magic... but that brat was worse than him in red magic and was given title on potential alone. Worthy contender taking title is expected, that shit wasn't.

Other 50% was his own wasted potential.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 21:54   Link #27
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
And now it's uncomfortable... can we change the topic?
Please do so. Looking back at the comment...it's pretty brutal so I'll delete it.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 21:56   Link #28
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^^ Second heroine introduction, can't remember where exactly it was, first 80 chapters are so slow....

I stopped reading
Spoiler for :
That sucks. I'll still read for Lydia though
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 00:25   Link #29
Twi

Quote:

I stopped reading
Spoiler for :

*Sigh*
Okay, that sounds pretty bad if there's a simpler solution, but I have a quiet hope that, with 300 chapters, it'll get better afterwards.
Old 2016-01-29, 00:57   Link #30
solutus

1 thing I like for this wn is that once in a while there is an illustration that was insert within. not that i mean this is the only novel that does this and the art was just simple ones, but i rarely find one with illustration lol.
solutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 02:00   Link #31
Twi

Well, the little things add up. Illustrations as well. It certainly helps paint a picture.
Old 2016-01-29, 02:45   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Anyway I mostly quick skimmed it and only read Cloud(claude? crowd?) chapter but I'm quite sure that I'm right, at least for the coma duration.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 05:38   Link #33
Arkeus

Quote:
While I do agree with the opinion, that rape would make the story only worse, the strange feeling of her beeing treated so gentlemanly was strong. The author should have made it into being just outsmarted or some theft. If you are a "bad guy" and drug a pretty girl and take all her possessions it would be only natural if you used this chance to have some more fun... It tries too hard for the comedic value instead of at least a elusive image of reality.
And yeah, it is horribly shounenish. One example: it has "Guts power ups" where he power ups when he faces trouble...
I have no idea whatsoever while it would be 'only natural' for thieves to do that. You have a very, very strange idea on what is natural.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 08:14   Link #34
darkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
I have no idea whatsoever while it would be 'only natural' for thieves to do that. You have a very, very strange idea on what is natural.
Well not all thief do that but still some may want to give to temptation for once which is normal so it is weird that she has never been raped
Old 2016-01-29, 11:32   Link #35
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkage View Post
Well not all thief do that but still some may want to give to temptation for once which is normal so it is weird that she has never been raped
No, it's not 'normal', and most thieves aren't tempted at all, and the immense majority of the ones who get tempted either get stopped by the other thieves or are usually the worse of the thieves and gone very fast.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 11:35   Link #36
darkage

Quote:
No, it's not 'normal', and most thieves aren't tempted at all, and the immense majority of the ones who get tempted either get stopped by the other thieves or are usually the worse of the thieves and gone very fast.
Dude what kind of world are you living in

The world isn't perfect it's not like people aren't gonna do this kind of things plus thief don't have to work in groups, they can work alone .
Old 2016-01-29, 12:09   Link #37
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Duh... everything rests on the author's hand...

If it's shounen, comedy, or kiddie stuffs no matter how "in danger" a heroine is, she will never be raped. Just like Princess Peach, or Rapunzel, or Cinderella. They won't be raped by dwarves or villains. Unless doujin buhahaha~

Sadly the author of this world is kinda dun care about that so victims appeared here and there without plot armor to save them :P

This novel is shounen btw
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 13:23   Link #38
Rasty

Quote:
You are mixing up picpockets and modern thieves (robbers etc.) with medieval bandits (not pickpockets). The first ones of course won't rape in most cases as they might have even some morality (as strange as it is) and there is much more severe punishment and much more effort to catch them for it. The second will probably get executed in fairly inhuman way if they are caught anyway and they even kill without any restraints, of course they are gonna have little restraints about rape (especially as it was much lighter crime in middle ages than murder).

Last edited by Rasty; 2016-09-22 at 14:59.
Old 2016-01-29, 14:16   Link #39
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:

Anyway I mostly quick skimmed it and only read Cloud(claude? crowd?) chapter but I'm quite sure that I'm right, at least for the coma duration.
That sounds more palatable. A shame I let my Japanese deteriorate to where I can't read ahead myself.
Old 2016-01-29, 17:14   Link #40
Kaito Yamakage

Ch 80 and still going good here, it does feel pretty shounen but it has a nice mix of stats/lvls, the heroines are solid as well with developing relationships (though the MC is dense to everything but magic).

About my only complaint so far is the MC doesn't have much creativity in his magic, though then again this isn't an isekai reincarnation but an old man who spent his entire life focusing on nothing but fire suddenly opening up to the rest of magic. Make more god damn unique magic!

Tags
fantasy world, harem, reincarnated mc