1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-12-31, 16:53   Link #21
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Alto went from rookie pilot to ace in less than 26 episodes, I think Mirage has enough time.
I think she felt pressured by the family name and is currently out here to prove herself.

Then again, she is in the so-called Delta squadron, which judging by the reaction of Wion, is a pretty big deal. You can't join a big deal without the support of skills.

And knowing the Jeniuses... it'd be unlikely that Mirage was accepted due to family influence.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:03   Link #22
Tenzen12

Quote:
Alto went from rookie pilot to ace in less than 26 episodes, I think Mirage has enough time.
To be honest, Alto never gave me impression of ace...

That said unlike him Mirage looks like she flying some time already.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:04   Link #23
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Alto was the MC. Time is somehow always enough for the MC. Not so much for other characters.

Besides, I don't think Mirage is a rookie, so I don't know how much she can improve.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:16   Link #24
Dash_Hunter

Well that was... something, if I had to describe it with one word it would be "meh", well maybe not that, let's say it was OK because I liked many things I saw, but for example I was much more excited after watching Frontier's first episode deculture version, although, the story and setting really caught my interest.

Spoiler for About Characters and other stuff.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mirage's kind of a disappointment. I was expecting an ace but she's average at best (and almost got shot down).

Red and Black guys are good though, specially the latter.
Well not all Jeniuses are ace pilots, Myle had a natural ability to fly but was never on Max, Miria or even Basara's level, and we don't know how good all their other daughters are, and I agree with Tak, Delta squadron is like an elite group, she wouldn't be there without some good skill at least, besides we already knew that the black haired dude was the squadron's ace, and he really showed that here.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:26   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Well that was... something, if I had to describe it with one word it would be "meh", well maybe not that, let's say it was OK because I liked many things I saw, but for example I was much more excited after watching Frontier's first episode deculture version, although, the story and setting really caught my interest.

Spoiler for How:
Old 2015-12-31, 17:29   Link #26
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for How:
Oh that explains it, I thought that was just a communicator (still think it's too much).
Old 2015-12-31, 17:35   Link #27
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for Tech:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:44   Link #28
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Well not all Jeniuses are ace pilots, Myle had a natural ability to fly but was never on Max, Miria or even Basara's level, and we don't know how good all their other daughters are, and I agree with Tak, Delta squadron is like an elite group, she wouldn't be there without some good skill at least, besides we already knew that the black haired dude was the squadron's ace, and he really showed that here.
All that's fine and all. But she's supposedly one of the three main characters. I mean, even as rookie, you could tell Ranka had the talent to reach the top as an idol, so there was always a sort of balance between her and Sheryl (and Alto). I don't see this in Delta. We know Hayate has some serious hidden talent, and Freya seems to have a gift for the idol thing too. But what about Mirage? Don't you feel she's a bit lacking in comparison?

Mind you, it's just the first episode. Maybe there is more to her than what's shown here. But, if this is pretty much all she has, then I think it's a problem.
Old 2015-12-31, 17:54   Link #29
D-Joe

Quote:
Not on-screen though.

But how much can she improve during the course of the series? Not much, I think.
Like you said Mirage is one of main character, you can expect a lot of time.
Besides, she got surprise but still able to counter quickly, i won't call this "average at best".
Old 2015-12-31, 17:55   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Spoiler for Tech:
Spoiler for VF-31 equipment:
Old 2015-12-31, 18:10   Link #31
D-Joe

Quote:
All that's fine and all. But she's supposedly one of the three main characters. I mean, even as rookie, you could tell Ranka had the talent to reach the top as an idol, so there was always a sort of balance between her and Sheryl (and Alto). I don't see this in Delta. We know Hayate has some serious hidden talent, and Freya seems to have a gift for the idol thing too. But what about Mirage? Don't you feel she's a bit lacking in comparison?

Mind you, it's just the first episode. Maybe there is more to her than what's shown here. But, if this is pretty much all she has, then I think it's a problem.
Being meltran and Jenius already make her not lacking anymore, yeah you can say "just by race/name?", but it just first 30 minutes of Macross Delta, there is not much thing we can say for now.

Btw it's pretty easy to know why she's the one getting shot down, it may even nothing to do with her skill, it just...staff trying to make a scene that let her meet MC again you know...PV1 showed a scene about them which should be in episode 2.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:15   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Being meltran and Jenius already make her not lacking anymore
You're missing the point.

Quote:
Btw it's pretty easy to know why she's the one getting shot down, it may even nothing to do with her skill, it just...staff trying to make a scene that let her meet MC again you know...PV1 showed a scene about them which should be in episode 2.
I don't think she was shot down.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:20   Link #33
D-Joe

Quote:
You're missing the point.

I don't think she was shot down.
I didn't missing any points, it just really nothing to say yet, and even she is average, it may end up even better if the staff can make her as hardworking character(well, at least she looks hardworking type i think, not sure about talent yet), of course that depends on directing&writing skill of the show.

Maybe i should not use "shot down", but it's very likely she's going to land and leave the cockpit at least for a while to match one of PV scene.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:31   Link #34
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

What were the cannon fodder valkyries? VF25? They got shot down too quickly to really take in the details.
Old 2015-12-31, 18:34   Link #35
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
I didn't missing any points, it just really nothing to say yet, and even she is average, it may end up even better if the staff can make her as hardworking character(well, at least she looks hardworking type i think, not sure about talent yet), of course that depends on directing&writing skill of the show.
Well let's hope they have a good writer then. Kawamori can write some pretty shitty female main characters (Jeanne Kaguya, anyone?) so that's not encouraging.
Old 2015-12-31, 19:22   Link #36
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
What were the cannon fodder valkyries? VF25? They got shot down too quickly to really take in the details.
Negative, they are these poor bastards.

Delta's equivalent of the VF-17/171. Aka all purpose cannon fodders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
As seen with Chuck's VF-31 his backpack is a radome and mobile stage.
Said mobile stage can be transformed into a mobile shielding device. Very flexible.

Also, it would appear the Draken can defold freely without the use of accessories.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2015-12-31 at 19:55.
Old 2015-12-31, 20:37   Link #37
Kazu-kun

I guess Mirage does suck as a pilot:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-12-31, 20:50   Link #38
Alhazred

Maybe she's just way better in a Queadluun-Rhea, and at some point we'll get to see her kick ass macronized.

(Yeah, pretty damn unlikely, but it would make for a unique main triangle...)
Old 2015-12-31, 20:56   Link #39
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Maybe she's just way better in a Queadluun-Rhea, and at some point we'll get to see her kick ass macronized.
I would be in for any way to make her not suck.
Old 2015-12-31, 21:09   Link #40
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I guess Mirage does suck as a pilot:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Subs are out? If so, where?

Closed Thread