AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-02-20, 20:11   Link #21
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
okay. after a serious internal debate with myself, i've decided to pick this up over Nier. simply put, this looks more like $60 worth of game than Nier, which seems like something to be picked up at the $40 range. despite my love for the demo, the music, and my instant obsession with Toobie after seeing her, i think Horizon is the way to go for sheer bang to buck. plus it's my first open world RPG (i skipped the witcher, oblivion, etc) so it has that new toy appeal for me, whereas i've been playing DMC-esque games since DMC..
I very hype for both this game and Nier Automata but I decided to go for Nier instead, I´ve been a fan of the franchise since the first drakengard so it was the only choice for me, still I plan to get this game when I have the chance.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 22:19   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I very hype for both this game and Nier Automata but I decided to go for Nier instead, I´ve been a fan of the franchise since the first drakengard so it was the only choice for me, still I plan to get this game when I have the chance.
alrighty. lets call each other and trade games when we're done!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 02:35   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*is sad this won't be coming to PC*

And it looks so beautiful too...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-21, 14:49   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Haven't played neighter Nier or Drakengard, but was planning to, are they actually related series?
Old 2017-02-22, 21:36   Link #25
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Haven't played neighter Nier or Drakengard, but was planning to, are they actually related series?
Drakengard has multiple endings, one of which leads to Nier. Then i believe Nier has several endings as well, one of which leads to Automata.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-02-23, 03:34   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Drakengard has multiple endings, one of which leads to Nier. Then i believe Nier has several endings as well, one of which leads to Automata.
Very interesting. Thanks.
Old 2017-02-28, 00:29   Link #27
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Very interesting. Thanks.
Drakengard is like a multiverse with multiple timelines, that´s why every single ending is canon. The planet of Nier and the sequel is out Earth after the end..

The theory goes like this:

1.-Ending E of Drakengard 3 creates the path for the original Drakengard to take place.

2.-Ending D of Drakengard 1 creates the path that leads to Nier.

3.-Ending E of Near leads you to Nier Automata.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 00:31   Link #28
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my god. this game is gorgeous. and it has the gameplay to back it up. it runs like butter. i'm playing on a standard ps4.

Old 2017-03-01, 07:45   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

So far this game is AMAZING.

It's like taking the best of The Elder Scrolls and Monster Hunter game play and elevating it to a whole another level!
Old 2017-03-05, 12:34   Link #30
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

stumbling upon and fighting a thunderjaw (a level 28 monster) when i was level 20 was the second time a game has made my jaw drop. the sense of scale and the aggressiveness of the machine was ridiculous.

the first was when i saw the flying colossus from sotc for the first time.. i sense a trend.

Old 2017-03-11, 10:34   Link #31
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Game looks freaking awesome, wish it was for PC. I would even consider getting and xbox1 if it was for that just for this game.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 05:41   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A solid purchase and play from start to finish. Kudos to the developers.

But that after-credits scene. Sequel, anyone? And as well as this game did, the sequel is all but guaranteed.
Old 2017-03-16, 09:41   Link #33
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Game looks freaking awesome, wish it was for PC.
Indeed. Now, there is a sort-of in existence via PlayStation Now... and it's growing to encompass PS4 games.

Also, it is my understanding that the massive (80 tracks over 4 'CDs') soundtrack is available for purchase (Amazon; iTunes).

On a lighter note, I would be amused if there was a hidden outfit somewhere in the world that's been added solely as a nod to the devs' best-known series...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 02:55   Link #34
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just started this game 2 days ago. Kinda in the vibe of farcry in terms of mechanics. Environmental gfx are pretty but human character models are a bit inconsistent in terms of texture. Rain effects is glaringly mediocre.

Storywise, not sure yet. Seems ok so far but I only just started so... Who knows?
Old 2017-03-17, 03:03   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Finished the game at 84 hours with Platnium Trophy. Absolutely a fantastic ride through out.
I'm kinda sad that I've actually run out of stuff to do. I hope DLC is coming over the horizon soon (pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Just started this game 2 days ago. Kinda in the vibe of farcry in terms of mechanics. Environmental gfx are pretty but human character models are a bit inconsistent in terms of texture. Rain effects is glaringly mediocre.

Storywise, not sure yet. Seems ok so far but I only just started so... Who knows?
If you just started the game, I only have one, but important, advice.

Use. All. Weapons.
Do not neglect any. Even if "lol a sling shot" may not sound very powerful, use it.
Whenever you obtain new weapon, look in your quest screen and you'll see a new quest added for every weapon you obtain. Not only is this a easy EXP quest, but it also serves as a tutorial.

The first tough boss fight for most people is gonna be the first dungeon boss - utilizing your entire arsenal will be a MUST. A difference can be between downing him in minutes as opposed to repeated death with 20min hard fights.
This game absolutely rewards you for strategy, setup, and learning your various weapons, armor, and resist potion (surprisingly more important than you may realize!)
Meanwhile the game will punish you for sticking to your familiar straight damage bow & spear rather severely.
Old 2017-03-20, 00:58   Link #36
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

A few more days in, i'm working towards getting the very rare equipment. So far, once i get the proper elemental resist armor and elemental weapons.. most machines seems pretty easy to take down.

My least used weapons though seems to be the rattler, rarely find myself in close quarters to bother using a shotgun. While the standard bow with the fire arrows, cold ammo slings and electric trip wire are my basic go to.
Old 2017-03-21, 03:29   Link #37
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
A few more days in, i'm working towards getting the very rare equipment. So far, once i get the proper elemental resist armor and elemental weapons.. most machines seems pretty easy to take down.

My least used weapons though seems to be the rattler, rarely find myself in close quarters to bother using a shotgun. While the standard bow with the fire arrows, cold ammo slings and electric trip wire are my basic go to.
Farming ThunderJaws are the easiest way to obtain TONS of Very Rare Mods.
Each kill guarantees you 3 of them.

Tear its disc launchers off from both sides, freeze it, and use the disc launcher for an easy kill.
If you want to be safe, use ropes to tie it down before freezing.

Edit: nvm, you're still at the stage of getting the armor. Read it wrong.
Old 2017-03-21, 20:53   Link #38
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Farming ThunderJaws are the easiest way to obtain TONS of Very Rare Mods.
Each kill guarantees you 3 of them.

Tear its disc launchers off from both sides, freeze it, and use the disc launcher for an easy kill.
If you want to be safe, use ropes to tie it down before freezing.

Edit: nvm, you're still at the stage of getting the armor. Read it wrong.
Just finished getting all of em last night (except for the all elemental resist and 3 slot). Been passing a number of those robo T-rex but didn't want to start hunting em yet till now so that's good know they drop lots of very rare mods . Kinda felt like after you start farming those guys, the game would start losing the appeal.

Think i ll drop a few and get the last very rare weapons before i go back to doing the main quest, been having a lot of fun just roaming around and hunting stuffs that i'm still not even half way through the main quests.

Overall, the game is very much of a Far Cry type of game but with less fat (not as many damn towers to climb) and better tuned gameplay (most weapons have their niche and uses) and interesting enemies.

Hope whatever sequel they do with this IP will incorporate more monster hunter elements and multiplayer. Also, more melee weapons.
Old 2017-03-28, 11:19   Link #39
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just finished the game tonight so as usual, here is my "review".

At a glance, the game is solid A game. The graphics and design are good, gameplay feedback is solid and story is compelling and does wrap up fairly well. Definitely one of a must play in the PS4 library. There is a few splotches in all category so there aren't perfect or masterpiece in my opinion but the overall package is good enough in every category that i would recommend people to play it.

The following will contain spoilers so read it if you finished the game.
Spoiler for story n gameplay:

Thankfully I got this done in time to make way for my jrpg juggernaut next week. It's been a heck of a ride but i m glad it's over before it got boring and mundane.
Old 2017-04-02, 12:48   Link #40
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i finished this friday evening. it's pretty much what i expected it to be. the story was great. they built an entire living and breathing world that they barely scratched the surface of. there's so much room for sequels and additional content. it doesn't even need to star Aloy. The graphics are amazing of course. not much needs to be said here. the only downside is the water. music is great. combat is silky smooth.

i bought Nier yesterday, so i'm going to start on that now. so far, the combat and visuals don't quite match up to horizon's.. i wonder why. haha.

i think it needs to be said again: Horizon established a world so epic in scope they can essentially take the next game in any direction they want and it'll be a day one buy.