AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 10 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-13, 19:15   Link #21
steam fish

since shiro can trace gilgameshs noble phantasms now with a little deficiency, can he just use those against other opponents and obliterate them like gilgamesh did to leysrett and sella?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 19:45   Link #22
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much, yeah. What's more is that he's been in Unlimited Blade Works twice now before that, so he's already got a massive armory to pull that trick off with.
Old 2015-06-13, 19:48   Link #23
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
since shiro can trace gilgameshs noble phantasms now with a little deficiency, can he just use those against other opponents and obliterate them like gilgamesh did to leysrett and sella?
In his current state, yes, definitly, however in the long term... well the "memory/skill absorbtion" he got through the battle with Archer does not remain forever, so he will lose those "cheat skills" again after some time. Also people like him have to be careful not to reveal the existence of the reality marble inside him. Because he would get hunted by the magic association. But technically yes, if he "re-trains" the abilities on his own and still has Rin's magic supply, then he could fare quite well against most opponents.
Old 2015-06-13, 20:10   Link #24
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Saber has "Instinct", not "Eye of the mind". The ones with "Eye of the mind (false)" are actually Sasaki Kojirou and Heracles, while Archer EMIYA has "Eye of the mind (true)".
Yeah, you are right, my mind was on another place when i was typing that xD

By the way Leysritt strength is on par with Rider (around B-) so is more like that Gil just overwhelmed her with NPs.

Shirou and Archer can use sword spam but unlike certain King of Heroes, the cost of multiple tracings can pile up quick. On Gil case its just the cost of opening the GoB no mattter how many NPs draws
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 21:03   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, and Gilgamesh spent 10 years effectively gorging himself on prana from the orphans in the church's basement, so he's not running out any time soon.

IIRC in the VN, Shirou's problem is that once he opened up his magic circuit, well, he could only use one magic circuit, hence his need for Rin to supply him with prana. In total, he has 27, so chances are once he's able to utilize them all, he should have the prana necessary to utilize Unlimited Blade Works, given that Archer could, who probably had the same one circuit limitation at first in his Fate-ish route.
Old 2015-06-13, 21:23   Link #26
Nymbryxion

I think in VN Gilgamesh was intending to purge all the world with the grail and then rule over those eligible to survive it but in the anime it seems he just wants to kill them all. If this is the case, wouldn't using Ea but a much more simpler method since its a world destroyer?
Nymbryxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 21:36   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He mentioned previously he'd rule over the survivors, actually. Ea wouldn't just destroy all of humanity, but it'd destroy the planet with it, and even if none of the humans survive, I doubt Gilgamesh has any intention of destroying his property with them.
Old 2015-06-13, 21:52   Link #28
steam fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
In his current state, yes, definitly, however in the long term... well the "memory/skill absorbtion" he got through the battle with Archer does not remain forever, so he will lose those "cheat skills" again after some time. Also people like him have to be careful not to reveal the existence of the reality marble inside him. Because he would get hunted by the magic association. But technically yes, if he "re-trains" the abilities on his own and still has Rin's magic supply, then he could fare quite well against most opponents.
why wouldnt the skills he got from archer stay? its only a limited time thing?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 22:28   Link #29
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
As expected, Assassin gets the shaft I was really hoping for something beautiful after his short but amazing stint in Season 1, but nope, just going to have him lose. They could have at least explained why he lost, rather than just making it seem like Saber was "better." The short story time was nice though, at least they had that.

It seems like ufotable is trying to minimize Archer's role in the final confrontation, which is probably for the best. Also, we clearly saw Rin dunk Shinji into the mud earlier, how exactly was he supposed to survive that...?

Either way, next week's episode looks to be promising. Hopefully it will make up for Assassin being robbed this week.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 22:34   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It wasn't that Saber was better, it just didn't outright state why he lost, but it did show us the reason for it.
Old 2015-06-13, 22:46   Link #31
Geburah

At least they even mentioned that even a fighter of the caliber of Lancer didnt want to enter melee combat against him if possible and considered a much better option to kill him from range instead.
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 23:02   Link #32
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

If only Shirou can copy Ea...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 23:15   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... even if he could, he'd never use it. That weapon is meant for only one thing: the complete and utter destruction of worlds. Why on Earth would anyone who wants to save people use such a thing?
Old 2015-06-13, 23:43   Link #34
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... even if he could, he'd never use it. That weapon is meant for only one thing: the complete and utter destruction of worlds. Why on Earth would anyone who wants to save people use such a thing?
It depends on the target he's trying to destroy in order to save people. Ea apparently can be used without destroying the world.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 00:01   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A low-powered Enuma Elish tore up the entire Temple grounds and nearly killed Shirou, and he wasn't even the target. That thing would end up killing anyone he would attempt to save with it.
Old 2015-06-14, 00:29   Link #36
monster

Quote:
A low-powered Enuma Elish tore up the entire Temple grounds and nearly killed Shirou, and he wasn't even the target. That thing would end up killing anyone he would attempt to save with it.
That's assuming the people he were trying to save would be in the area. That would not always be the case.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 00:57   Link #37
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
It wasn't even an Enuma Elish at all (he didn't call it's true name "Enuma Elish" but called it "Ea" instead). He only uses Enuma Elish in the Fate route on a level on which it barely beats Excalibur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
why wouldnt the skills he got from archer stay? its only a limited time thing?
Something about it being a "paradox" to meet your future self, so he forgets things like Archer's face later on, so it's not hard to assume that the skills he gained would get lost too, aside from maybe what "the body remembers", i.e. it would be easier to re-train it again.
Old 2015-06-14, 01:33   Link #38
Phantom

Even though Assassin was cut above the rest in terms of pure skill, I guess he could not make the cut in the end.
These bad puns.
I think I'm gonna cut him a break. I'm gonna split.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 01:49   Link #39
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I got goose bumps when Gil summoned Ea. It sounded as if for the first time he was talking of the thing he cares about. Endearing.

Also as much as I hate him as a person I still admire him. The seiyuu did outstanding job of projecting his majesty and overwhelming attitude. I reacted like Rin when he suddenly became much more threatening just with slight change in expression, body and voice. And even though I dislike him I usually am drawn to him. It's like I do treat him as a king he is, it's crazy. Usually I just dismiss and pretend to believe what the authors are telling me, in this case I see it myself. In short, even though I hate him, I still think he's awesome. Can't wait for next episode. I wish they combined it in something longer, the suspense is really killing the tension.
Old 2015-06-14, 02:00   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To me, the best part of the episode was the part where Shirou failed to analyze Ea.

I'm a real sucker for "utterly alien" things.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote