3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-25, 18:23   Link #21
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't know how the original light novel story goes, but as for as the anime and this episode...

It feels like someone took the material, threw it in the blender, and dumped it out. Every character/monster was getting weaker/stronger by the cut, the development was... jagged? Pieces by pieces. One of the more noticeable moments was when Silvia suddenly was very up-and-running in the NEXT shot before she was even given the phoenix tears. You know, at least show her reviving or something? Or... maybe it getting used? Or... putting some kind of material in the middle? Instead of her practically teleporting to a different scene in a different condition?

I'm not sure. "A lot happened", but not a lot happened.
Who is Silvia?
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 18:26   Link #22
Archilla

Enjoyed the episode. Animation got a little rocky and it did feel like everyone was just getting their power-ups quickly shown (especially the important ones like Akeno), but all around I liked it. One thing I noticed is they really need to lock down the size of Issei in BB. He looked almost manga-level small in one of the frames.

As to Fenrir being powered-down, I actually didn't like the feel he had in the LN. Such a big deal is made of Fenrir being massively powerful, but then it feels like he's just sitting there most of the fights. I always thought the way Fenrir was described he should be casually walking around biting everyone once and insta-killing them while Loki sat back and had a drink.

Here, he seems to be way strong, but he's not getting the insane lipservice he gets in the LNs. Issei getting snagged out of the air like a Frisbee was great.

Edit: Chichi, I think "Silvia" is Xenovia. He's referring to her being back in the fight immediately after Loki knocked her out with the death rain, even though it was only implied she was rezzed via Pheonix Tears instead of it being animated out. Which doesn't bother me at all, seeing as how once you've seen one "Senzu bean" scene you've seen them all.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 18:32   Link #23
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
Enjoyed the episode. Animation got a little rocky and it did feel like everyone was just getting their power-ups quickly shown (especially the important ones like Akeno), but all around I liked it. One thing I noticed is they really need to lock down the size of Issei in BB. He looked almost manga-level small in one of the frames.

As to Fenrir being powered-down, I actually didn't like the feel he had in the LN. Such a big deal is made of Fenrir being massively powerful, but then it feels like he's just sitting there most of the fights. I always thought the way Fenrir was described he should be casually walking around biting everyone once and insta-killing them while Loki sat back and had a drink.

Here, he seems to be way strong, but he's not getting the insane lipservice he gets in the LNs. Issei getting snagged out of the air like a Frisbee was great.

Edit: Chichi, I think "Silvia" is Xenovia. He's referring to her being back in the fight immediately even though it was only implied she was rezzed instead of it being animated out. Which doesn't bother me at all, seeing as how once you've seen one "Senzu bean" scene you've seen them all.
Yeah, that shocked me, like, one moment there was some epic music, Ise ready to kick ass, and then he gets rekt instead and is treated like a chew toy.

Just watched it subbed now, and I like it even more. That speech by Rias at the end was glorious. And now I get why Asia didn't go, they wanted to take as much firepower as they could and it was limited. Makes sense.

I don't think they nerfed Fenrir, Kiba and Xenovia were just dodging and stalling for time, not actually fighting him.
Old 2015-04-25, 18:58   Link #24
IceHism

I really liked this close up of akeno, there's just something about suffering and anger together that is touching and interesting.

anyways, I enjoyed the episode although there was some dialogue that was quite cringey. Action could have been better but this studio isn't that big so can't really fault them for it
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:05   Link #25
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I really liked this close up of akeno, there's just something about suffering and anger together that is touching and interesting.

anyways, I enjoyed the episode although there was some dialogue that was quite cringey. Action could have been better but this studio isn't that big so can't really fault them for it
That's a FANTASTIC pic. One thing I've always liked is that DxD does "you hurt my friends" anger very well.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:23   Link #26
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Honestly, just liked the final minutes, I was laughing so hard when he got bitten and then everyone went mad, thats good at least.

Again, so weird how its handled all the problem of Akeno, having that in the most out of the place volume sure affected a lot.

Plus, thats not how I pictured Midgadsorm in my head, but oh well.
Old 2015-04-25, 19:44   Link #27
SpookyBoogie27

Oh man, the episode delivered on such an emotional level. Seriously broke my heart when I saw all the heroines in tears over Issei's injury.

SpookyBoogie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:46   Link #28
Hanny King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoingboi27 View Post
Oh man, the episode delivered on such an emotional level. Seriously broke my heart when I saw all the heroines in tears over Issei's injury.

Lol, I like how you included Kiba as one the the "heroines".
Hanny King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:51   Link #29
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanny King View Post
Lol, I like how you included Kiba as one the the "heroines".
Spoiler for Kiba:
Old 2015-04-25, 20:05   Link #30
Wandering Soul

Quote:

So Kiba is a heroine now.
Old 2015-04-25, 20:13   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Every harem has to have a token guy in it. DxD has two!
Old 2015-04-25, 20:55   Link #32
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this ep give loki plan unleash ragnarok time to assemble oops sorry that "team" busy right now.

so next option team of issei, rias, akeno, koneko, kiva, xeno, irina, rosweis, sona, saji, & tsubaki vs loki & his beasts.

give hold the line til Mjolnir arrive yet issei about get it he got coulson'd by loki's wolf.

indeed with happen cue DxD-gers assemble with rias going full wanda rage mode against loki.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 21:25   Link #33
Peanutbutter

That's not how you do a preview.

It's fairly obvious that Ravel's gift will save him next episode.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 21:40   Link #34
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
That's not how you do a preview.

It's fairly obvious that Ravel's gift will save him next episode.

Rias said she wouldn't let him die, so he's not even dead yet.

And it's not like anyone expects him to die for real. He didn't take Rias's virginity yet. The problem is if they are going to bring him back in a cool and creative way (There are a lot of "bringing the dead back" aspects in almost every mythos, and since all of them exists here, options are something that they have too much of) or a stupid and cringe-worthy way.
Old 2015-04-25, 23:02   Link #35
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
For some reason, Sona should have like 6 bottles of Phoenix Tears if they want to stall Loki longer...

But still, that was the cruelest way for Issei-kun to die when he supposed to weild the Mjolnir hammer!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 23:08   Link #36
GDB

Anyone else feel like multiple total shouts out to (Marvel's) Thor (movie) were made? Whenever they said Mjolnir it sounded like meowmeow, and Issei kept going "Hammer... HAMMER!"
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 23:35   Link #37
dmaxzero

... Didn't like it really. But oh well.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 23:36   Link #38
schedmaster

This episode was good for character development. However, Loki as a boss doesn't fit with me. Sure, he is an important boss character but, it really forces me to do a comparison of bosses I watched and read throughout anime, manga, and light novels as well as creating what if questions.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 23:52   Link #39
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Yeah, that shocked me, like, one moment there was some epic music, Ise ready to kick ass, and then he gets rekt instead and is treated like a chew toy.

Just watched it subbed now, and I like it even more. That speech by Rias at the end was glorious. And now I get why Asia didn't go, they wanted to take as much firepower as they could and it was limited. Makes sense.

I don't think they nerfed Fenrir, Kiba and Xenovia were just dodging and stalling for time, not actually fighting him.
Chichi thats the problem Xenovia and Kiba shouldnt be able to even stall fenrir given as powerful as its supposed to be thats the main problem. Fenrir should be able to take the holy swords and stuff with very little effort.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 00:25   Link #40
Malicre

Quote:

The reason i want to see vol 11 and 12 animated so bad, the feels....

Also Arthur looks lame as hell.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote