1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-25, 00:46   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Also is Isuzu's voice actress really that bad at singing or she's doing that on purpose?
We've heard her sing twice, and both times it has been pretty awful. Could they not find a seiyuu for Isuzu who can sing? If she can sing, why are her performances so bad? Just a poor casting choice, or something that will be explained later?

These two episodes have moved at a snail's pace, which is troubling because the end of the season isn't far away. It's nice to see the kids pack their clothes and drive their wagon and all, but I'm more concerned about Krusty and the politics of Akihabara. With all the various plot lines that have been opened over the past half-dozen episodes, spending all this time on the kids' expedition makes me wonder how they'll wrap everything up. Especially since I doubt there will be a third season.

Is Lenessia going to do anything more than drink tea with Akatsuki? I was hoping to see some real development in her character this season, but so far there hasn't been much at all.
Old 2015-01-25, 01:26   Link #22
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Roe 2 is funnier than Shiroe.

What if other adventurer alts started appearing........like the "original"-Swashbuckler Kanami.
Old 2015-01-25, 01:36   Link #23
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

For some reason seeing how busty Roe2 is reminded me of how many female alt players do that.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2015-01-25, 02:32   Link #24
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What if other adventurer alts started appearing........like the "original"-Swashbuckler Kanami.
But Kanami deleted her account before going abroad as far as I remember, unless Elder Tale unexpectedly "revive" her character as a Lander.
Old 2015-01-25, 02:56   Link #25
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
We've heard her sing twice, and both times it has been pretty awful. Could they not find a seiyuu for Isuzu who can sing? If she can sing, why are her performances so bad? Just a poor casting choice, or something that will be explained later?
The casting decision for Isuzu was made before the first season. The director said he deliberately picked novice voice actors for the newbies, in an attempt to strengthen the "newcomers growing as a group" aspect of the scrub's story. His statement also helped tip some observant people off that something was up with Rudy, as Rudy's seiyuu is an industry veteran.

All that happened before volume 8 - the novel this arc is from - was even written. Meaning the plot points that would make whether or not Isuzu's seiyuu could sing relevant, simply didn't exist yet.
Old 2015-01-25, 10:09   Link #26
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The casting decision for Isuzu was made before the first season. The director said he deliberately picked novice voice actors for the newbies, in an attempt to strengthen the "newcomers growing as a group" aspect of the scrub's story. His statement also helped tip some observant people off that something was up with Rudy, as Rudy's seiyuu is an industry veteran.

All that happened before volume 8 - the novel this arc is from - was even written. Meaning the plot points that would make whether or not Isuzu's seiyuu could sing relevant, simply didn't exist yet.
I think she was asked to sing like that on purpose, probably to highlight how Isuzu see herself: an amateur through and through.

In fact she also voices Kamiya Nao in Cinderella Girls and based on what I hear in this song, she definitely can sing alright =3

Signature by liro
Old 2015-01-25, 10:14   Link #27
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Wait a second, where was it mentioned that that's actually Shiroe and not just another adventurer that happens to be wearing the same gear?
As far as I know, the anime has only implied that Roe2 is Shiro's Alt in the Op, where she stands back to back with Shiroe on either side of Shiro at his PC.

They do have different voice actors.
Old 2015-01-25, 16:05   Link #28
Mubyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
As far as I know, the anime has only implied that Roe2 is Shiro's Alt in the Op, where she stands back to back with Shiroe on either side of Shiro at his PC.

They do have different voice actors.
Oh wow, I never noticed that, I always skip the op of all anime I watch after seeing them once.
Old 2015-01-25, 18:32   Link #29
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Oh wow, I never noticed that, I always skip the op of all anime I watch after seeing them once.
Oh, I'm not the only one that does that!!

OP and ED are a waste of space, I wonder why not more groups use ordered chapters (was that the name?) to only have them take space one time instead of every episode.
Old 2015-01-25, 20:29   Link #30
Yan3242

Is roe2 actually controlled by shiroe itself?, didnt know that you can "change character" even after apocalypse.

If it really shiroe, i must say he really good at acting
Old 2015-01-25, 21:22   Link #31
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Is roe2 actually controlled by shiroe itself?, didnt know that you can "change character" even after apocalypse.

If it really shiroe, i must say he really good at acting
If we're just hearing this now after 1.5 seasons, then the answer may be no.......
Old 2015-01-25, 22:44   Link #32
Nicaea

Somehow I'm not convinced that Shiroe keeping info regarding Krusty is that wise. At least get Isaac in on this.
Old 2015-01-26, 04:42   Link #33
Mubyoshi

So I was thinking, since bots apparently can gain sentience, I'm guessing unmanned alts can too; assuming they were also summoned into the world along with the mains.
Old 2015-01-26, 05:57   Link #34
Yan3242

^not sure about that since unmanned is completely different with "bot", unmanned is practically empty as in no soul/pilot, when the apocalypse happen i think all those character that you created but didnt use at that time will probbaly got deleted or end up as dead body.

unless shirou at that time happen to use "shirou" and roe2 either via bot or using 2 active account.... yeah i think roe2 is complete different person, maybe like william? she see shirou as her hero or something like that when he still with the tea party, they were famous at that time afterall.
Old 2015-01-26, 08:03   Link #35
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think it is a matter of whether the character was logged in at the time of the apocalypse. In Episode1 Shiroe browsed through his friend list and some names were listed as "off-line".

Such thing simply wouldn't be possible if all and any characters automatically got incarnated regardless of whether their user was logged in with them or not.
Moreover there's bound to be several people with more than one character or even more than one account, and I think someone should have noticed by now if they became independently alive.

That makes me wonder, though, of what would happen in case of a player dual-boxing or even multi-boxing.

Old 2015-01-26, 08:04   Link #36
Nicaea

Quote:
^not sure about that since unmanned is completely different with "bot", unmanned is practically empty as in no soul/pilot, when the apocalypse happen i think all those character that you created but didnt use at that time will probbaly got deleted or end up as dead body.

unless shirou at that time happen to use "shirou" and roe2 either via bot or using 2 active account.... yeah i think roe2 is complete different person, maybe like william? she see shirou as her hero or something like that when he still with the tea party, they were famous at that time afterall.
Spoiler for About Roe2:
Old 2015-01-26, 08:19   Link #37
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Another fun episode, not much happened in the first half but it was fun to watch the youngs antics.

the 2nd half gave us some new insight on the situation in Akiba and we got to see Roe2
Old 2015-01-26, 11:50   Link #38
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Is roe2 actually controlled by shiroe itself?
She first appeared in episode 9 (climbing out of the snow) just before the mid episode break and immediately between Shiroe Dying and Shiro waking up on the Moon.

So the evidence is against that, since he was busy.
Old 2015-01-26, 14:02   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So it's been months and they have effectively gotten no where in figuring out where Krusty is or how to get him back. At some point they are going to have to reveal what happened here. Trying to play off Krusty's absence like this can only last for so long. DDD at this rate is going to fall apart.

Not a bad episode. It gave nice focus on the kids, but also the overall situation. There are problems continually brewing here. Especially that radical suggestion that Akiba "should go on a diet." Is that guy seriously suggesting they kick people out of the town and leave them to fend for themselves?

Not much to say on Roe2 right now since she was barely in this episode. Certainly makes the journey a bit safer with a level 90 summoner hanging around .
Old 2015-01-26, 21:28   Link #40
Yan3242

A level 90 summoner who can only fully "functional" at night
Closed Thread