AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 8 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 15.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-06, 22:59   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

it would be better if Rin is actually standing outside the room during that yaoi scene

well, Issei might grant one of Shirou wish since it is very rare and Shirou has helped him a lot

Rin's question about Sakura's state is little painful though.. I think Sakura has found out about Rin being her onee-san as well but keep silent about it. I still remembered a rare scene when Rin hugged Sakura but I think it is at Fate Route adaptation. Since Sakura might not have any role in this route, I think it's better if I'm not looking forward for those sisterly scenes

Saber is also unsurprisingly very interested with Kiritsugu and Shirou interaction at the past

and lastly, Archer is becoming more and more annoying *no problem.. I still hate Shinji more than him*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 23:19   Link #22
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think Sakura has found out about Rin being her onee-san as well but keep silent about it.
She's always known. She was old enough to know who she was and who her family was before being adopted.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 23:29   Link #23
ninja_pintu

Did Rin's skirt got shorter in the evening than in the morning of the same day or am I imagining things?
Old 2014-12-06, 23:40   Link #24
Miraluka
Banned

Most relevant part of the episode:

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 00:18   Link #25
Random14

Yeah, that was... awkward. Never expected to see Issei lose his clothes like that, but at least it confirms he's not a Master.

Loved all the Rin expressions in this episode, she sure drags Shirou off to be alone often, gotta wonder what the rumor mill is making out of that. Well, the whole "yesterday almost everyone in the school died" disaster is probably still more prevalent. Is that winter outfit new for Rin? Since in the VN she had like two regular outfits (school and casual), but still, guess it'll be a while until she moves in so haven't seen her casual outfit much in this series yet.

So Saber knows her previous Master was Shirou's father by now? My knowledge of F/SN is patchwork at best, so I know she recognized Emiya as a familiar name when summoned in this series (since this series is meant as a sequel to Fate/Zero), and other routes bring it up, but I lose track of when exactly in each route. And forget if Saber's relationship with Kiritsugu as described in the original was as bad as Fate/Zero made it out to be.

Almost everyone is questioning Shirou on his hero of justice ideal (though Saber is just curious compared to Archer's cynicism), kind of funny how much its brought up when Shirou barely spent a few minutes with Archer. Looks like next week will be another battle. Hm, wonder how much more they'll cover in a few more episodes and if this season will end mid-battle like Fate/Zero did or maybe after a defeat. Well, the more crazy Rin faces we get, the better.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 00:22   Link #26
The Green One

Considering the audience that was gathering when Rin dragged Shirou off I'd say the gossip mill already has them pegged as lovers. Not to mention the "waiting for Shirou for lunch" scene from last week too.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 04:38   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well the big reveal that Saber was Kiritsugu's servant was in Fate, so in UBW it's more of an aside note.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 04:49   Link #28
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
...(since this series is meant as a sequel to Fate/Zero)...
Actually, F/Z is a prequel to F/SN. That may not seem like much of a difference from what you said, but it really is. Now, if you mean "this particular adaptation", I guess that's partially true, as ufotable has tweaked a few things to make it better fit as a sequel, but this story was still really meant to be seen first. F/SN is, among other things, a mystery, and a lot of its secrets are told in a fairly matter-of-fact manner pretty early on in F/Z...
Old 2014-12-07, 07:00   Link #29
Random14

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant, that "ufotable's adaptation of F/SN is probably intended as a sequel to their adaptation of Fate/Zero". Hence minor changes like Saber recognizing the Emiya name when Shirou introduced himself. Not that there was quite that much to go on in the original VN of course (aside from that iconic image of Saber appearing in the circle). I know the F/SN VN was the original work.

And since Fate/Zero was the prequel, and a light novel rather than game (I think?) it could reference stuff from every route, whereas every route in F/SN only covers so much. They could try adding in more things, but then that messes up details too. Which is kind of what happened to the old deen anime.

After checking what I think is the scene in Fate where Saber explained about her background, it somewhat matches up with how Fate/Zero ended, but still surprised to see Saber so... mellow after how badly the Fourth War ended for her. Well, things are somewhat better this time (Shirou's an idiot, but he's a nice one at least). But considering she still felt betrayed by Kiritsugu, her being curious about the Kiritsugu Taiga knew seems a bit off, unless she's already seen enough of Shirou's history while dreaming so was curious about how and why Kiritsugu changed so much.
Old 2014-12-07, 10:22   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh man, that blush on Issei's face and the way he covered his chest after being forcefully stripped down. Best girl right there. Archer knows it, and we all know Archer is the best.

Old 2014-12-07, 12:33   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant, that "ufotable's adaptation of F/SN is probably intended as a sequel to their adaptation of Fate/Zero". Hence minor changes like Saber recognizing the Emiya name when Shirou introduced himself. Not that there was quite that much to go on in the original VN of course (aside from that iconic image of Saber appearing in the circle). I know the F/SN VN was the original work.

And since Fate/Zero was the prequel, and a light novel rather than game (I think?) it could reference stuff from every route, whereas every route in F/SN only covers so much. They could try adding in more things, but then that messes up details too. Which is kind of what happened to the old deen anime.

After checking what I think is the scene in Fate where Saber explained about her background, it somewhat matches up with how Fate/Zero ended, but still surprised to see Saber so... mellow after how badly the Fourth War ended for her. Well, things are somewhat better this time (Shirou's an idiot, but he's a nice one at least). But considering she still felt betrayed by Kiritsugu, her being curious about the Kiritsugu Taiga knew seems a bit off, unless she's already seen enough of Shirou's history while dreaming so was curious about how and why Kiritsugu changed so much.
I strongly disagree. I don't think Ufo would exclude anyone from watching this series, even if they haven't seen F/Z.
Old 2014-12-07, 16:03   Link #32
Random14

Hm, not sure I'd say F/Z is required viewing for this series. Although the way things are, its better to start with the F/SN visual novel then then F/Z light novel then watch the F/Z anime and then this maybe. The deen anime isn't really recommended as a good adaptation.

I just meant that if anyone has watched Fate/Zero, there are possibly certain scenes calling back to it that they might appreciate more.
Old 2014-12-07, 18:02   Link #33
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Ufotable has done a pretty good job of making it so that it's enjoyable no matter which series you see first. But by the different natures of the stories, primarily F/Z's matter-of-fact style versus F/SN's mystery style, it's still best to see F/SN first. The only F/SN mysteries that aren't spoiled over the course of F/Z are the Archer/Shirou relationship and those mysteries that only involve F/SN-only characters. Rin/Sakura, Gil, Saber's identity and past with Kiritsugu, Kirei's alignment, and to a certain degree, Illya/Shirou, are all "twists" that are spoiled by F/Z, some very early on.
Old 2014-12-07, 19:40   Link #34
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

If I remember correctly, Nasu and ufotable said that Stay Night is not the sequel to Zero.
Heck, Nasu even asked to treat Zero and Stay Night to be different stories in which ufotable agreed that it would be a "different Stay Night"
Any nods to Zero would be ufotable tying the two together which would be revealed to the viewer any which way they watch, either Zero-> Stay Night or Stay Night -> Zero.

FSN (if ufotable pulls UBW and HF off in the best way possible) can be viewed by itself without having to watch FZ. FZ would just be optional. However, as soon as someone watches FZ first, they have to continue and watch FSN.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 19:55   Link #35
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

Quote:
Y And forget if Saber's relationship with Kiritsugu as described in the original was as bad as Fate/Zero made it out to be.
VERY much so. In fact, Irisviel's character was written as she was specifically to have a way to communicate between Kiritsugu and Saber, as they didn't want to contradict Saber saying that Kiritsugu only ever spoke to her three times in the entire war.
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 03:49   Link #36
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She isn't even really the go-between between Kiritsugu and Saber. Bar the one occasion where she tries to mediate, she's really just there to give Saber someone to talk to, period.
Old 2014-12-08, 10:35   Link #37
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Poor Issei, Shirou needs to learn how to treat a man better, the least he could have done was taken him out to eat before asking to see his goods.
Old 2014-12-08, 11:51   Link #38
GDB

He was already eating. Shirou interrupted him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 13:01   Link #39
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He was already eating. Shirou interrupted him.
I know, but there's always dinner.
Old 2014-12-10, 10:22   Link #40
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Ok it has been bugging me for a while, but anyone noticed the key illustrator/art director is different for this episode?
Like Saber seems to have a real different make up of her face, Shirou has some sameface syndrome with her at times, but the rest look fairly consistent with the previous episodes. Well this complaint was only for the beginning portion since it went back to standard after the talk in the forest with Archer but still.

Anyhow, great episode as always. Comedy was welldone, the music is stepping up and while great, some shots and transitions make me want the BD now...
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote