AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 9 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 41.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-15, 21:53   Link #21
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is it just me or this is like FSN all over again?
Old 2014-11-15, 22:20   Link #22
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
Can't tell if joking or...
Old 2014-11-15, 22:20   Link #23
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

You alright there? This IS FSN after all.

That said, I wish ufotable would stick to making OVAs for their adaptations after this. It gives them more space to show what they want and do what they want. Sure, the marketing of TV anime is good and it's not like they're doing bad with TV anime adaptations, but there's stuff lacking that only the BD can tell.

Anyway, great episode, fun all around and there's the pattern of every odd episode since Ep 3 would have a full episode fight.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 23:19   Link #24
HtwoN

Quote:
Even if you are referring to DEEN's FSN, I think you should see the differences in plots already...
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 23:41   Link #25
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
interesting, when Archer gave his spiel in the beginning about how Heroic Spirits are 'cleaners' I think he messed up the definition with Counter Guardians, director of this show prolly did this on purpose to spoon feed us spoilers, not to mention the hint that the Grail was a malevolent wish granting device

I'm hoping this isnt a trend and they kill the plot altogether and just start throwing hints all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Deen anime and visual novel:
I'm under the impression each Heroic Spirit have different ways of draining energy. Since Rider is a Gorgon her method is similar to vampires, draining life giving fluid seeing how bodily fluids contains concentrated amounts of prana. Caster abusing her magus status to use large scale rituals to drain energy from things/people/places etc... Mentions in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia that Rider is addicted to her blood in particular causing a misunderstanding that she's lez

And damn from that scene in this episode Ayako doesn't look drained from her experience due to lack of life energy rather she looks absolutely depressed/traumatized/broken from a brutal rape session
Old 2014-11-16, 00:08   Link #26
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Good Ending will be a bad end for Ufotable.
What do you mean it'd be a bad ending for ufotable? Personally, I like both the «Good End» and the «True End», but the Harem Lover in me prefers the «Good End».

That, and the fact this is an anime, based on an eroge, based in a country known for making harem series in their media productions. Even if ufotable DOES go «Good End» (and that certainly looks possible with what's been shown so far), with how they've portrayed UBW so far, I don't think anybody with a sane mind will honestly feel the need to complain.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 00:12   Link #27
GDB

Fun episode. They really make it hard NOT to think Ayako was raped or at least physically abused to a large degree by Shinji after Rider drained her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 00:18   Link #28
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
What do you mean it'd be a bad ending for ufotable? Personally, I like both the «Good End» and the «True End», but the Harem Lover in me prefers the «Good End».

That, and the fact this is an anime, based on an eroge, based in a country known for making harem series in their media productions. Even if ufotable DOES go «Good End» (and that certainly looks possible with what's been shown so far), with how they've portrayed UBW so far, I don't think anybody with a sane mind will honestly feel the need to complain.
The opposite...

Anyone with a sane mind would trash Good End. True End has everything meaningful in it.

One simply can't discard Archer's reminiscence and Saber's character development for a fan-pandering harem ending.

That said, the ideal ending is UBW True End + Saber scenes in Continuation of the Dream.

Last edited by HtwoN; 2014-11-16 at 00:43.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 01:27   Link #29
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
If you're talking about the old anime, then you must have been sleepy while watching it . Ther biggest differences as of now in the new anime is how bigger Archer's involvement in everything, not to mention other different plot points that I bet you have missed.

Poor Ayako. And ufotable just have to make it obvious that she was traumatized from a more horrible experience (like other people mention what it is already) than just energy drain (giving the revelation in HF about Shinji, it's totally plausible).
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2014-11-16 at 01:38.
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 01:29   Link #30
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

I wouldn't mind either, but I slightly prefer Good End because in True End Saber kinda gets the shaft. What I see them doing though is hitting all the Saber flags to give her more character development, and then giving us True End.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma

Last edited by Verrueckter; 2014-11-16 at 01:50.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 02:45   Link #31
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

So themes are starting to crop up, especially what a "magus" is. As shown in the list of people trashtalking Shirou in his competence as a magus.

Archer: A magus is cold hearted, not afraid to kill and treats others as tools when needed.
Rin: A magus is one that is on active search for those at their level. In other words, those that can pose a threat to the magus themselves.
Shinji: A magus finds ways to compensate their lack in something as well as making "insurances" should things go wrong.
Saber (to an extent): A magus is one that can concentrate regardless of situation. They are also aware of every danger including what may happen by the end of an alliance.
Caster: A magus is one with strength in their Magic Circuits and makes use of them effectively.

I noticed this when a reviewer more or less complained of the numerous iteration of info sarcastically.
Yeah, Type-Moon has this subtle high barrier entry where if one were to experience a Type-Moon story, they have to read between the lines and make connections all throughout the series then branching off to other Type-Moon series to understand stuff and engage in its (pseudo) philosophy.
Old 2014-11-16, 03:39   Link #32
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
[...]
Caster: A magus is one with strength in their Magic Circuits and makes use of them effectively.
[...]
But Caster herself has no magic circuits (age of gods magic instead).
Old 2014-11-16, 03:48   Link #33
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
So themes are starting to crop up, especially what a "magus" is. As shown in the list of people trashtalking Shirou in his competence as a magus.
Screw this, I'll become Magus Killer..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 04:26   Link #34
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
But Caster herself has no magic circuits (age of gods magic instead).
Yeah, she talks about how easy it was to get Shirou because of his "feeble Magic Circuits". That's why I drew the interpretation that the strength of Magic Circuits is one that is really important to a magus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Screw this, I'll become Magus Killer..
But even Kiritsugu was a "magus" (to a point). And even then, to kill a beast, you have to think like a beast. So to become a "Magus Killer", you have to think or be like a "magus."
Old 2014-11-16, 04:31   Link #35
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Yeah, she talks about how easy it was to get Shirou because of his "feeble Magic Circuits". That's why I drew the interpretation that the strength of Magic Circuits is one that is really important to a magus.
Funny thing is, she does not even recognize Shinji as a Master (maybe she knows about the real master...)
Old 2014-11-16, 04:38   Link #36
magnuskn

Quote:
Good Ending will be a bad end for Ufotable.
Aside from the typical Japanese fixation on bittersweet endings, I wouldn't know why.

Quote:
The opposite...

Anyone with a sane mind would trash Good End. True End has everything meaningful in it.

One simply can't discard Archer's reminiscence and Saber's character development for a fan-pandering harem ending.

That said, the ideal ending is UBW True End + Saber scenes in Continuation of the Dream.
Please don't project your biases onto other people. Saying that "anyone with a sane mind" has to prefer the "True End" is really quite insulting and untrue.
Old 2014-11-16, 05:55   Link #37
Nuvi

Archer was so badass with that arrow barrage, saving Shirou from Caster's caressing from danger.
Lol'd at him saying "A woman's fury is difficult to control." True words have been spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reason why Shinji needs to die:
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 06:00   Link #38
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Did Ayako got raped?

Archer's CockBlocking Skill must be a NP.
Spoiler for Just to be safe:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 06:16   Link #39
Jerseykid

I thought the female servant in the woods from the other episode was assassin but now it's a guy
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 06:36   Link #40
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I believe Shinji did. After all, in Heaven's Feel...