AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 12:07   Link #21
Shyni

Comparisons of the Archer/Lancer fight I found on /a/

DEEN 2006

Ufotable 2014

The last second of the DEEN one makes me laugh.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 12:15   Link #22
Amarantine

So where does everyone think they'll split up the two cours?

Going through the days in the Visual Novel, I imagine the first cour might end after Caster gains control of Saber, with Shirou left Servant-less and seemingly powerless, and Rin and Archer leaving him behind to go deal with Caster.

Of course, Fate/Zero already showed us they probably don't care much for ending the first cour on a particularly suitable/climatic point, so it's really more about how they'll pace the story as a whole.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 12:22   Link #23
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I won't even bother trying to guess. I think it all depends on how much original material they add into the story (and if they add something, most of it will be before Saber is stolen).
Old 2014-10-05, 12:24   Link #24
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post

DEEN 2006

Ufotable 2014

The difference. I actually think I can draw better than the DEENIFIGHT~
Old 2014-10-05, 13:19   Link #25
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:

DEEN 2006

Ufotable 2014

The DEEN one looks like a fan-made cartoon.
Old 2014-10-05, 16:34   Link #26
Wandering Soul

Quote:

DEEN 2006

Ufotable 2014

The DEEN one looks like an old and bad cartoon.
Old 2014-10-05, 17:35   Link #27
phishmeister68

Fight scene not that good. They also make Archer stronger here than the VN.

Though I knew they would show the combatants flying through the air, and couldn't draw a carefully choreograph fight scene.

It's like that Raiden breakdancing fight against Vamp in MGS4, it was the stupident thing I ever saw, and make no mistake, I'm referring to the MGS4 fight.
phishmeister68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 17:36   Link #28
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmeister68 View Post
Fight scene not that good. They also make Archer stronger here than the VN.
He is? In the VN he felt like a guy trolling Lancer, here he was just a guy who barely defended from him.

Quote:
Though I knew they would show the combatants flying through the air, and couldn't draw a carefully choreograph fight scene.
It is not couldn't.
It is didn't want to :P
Old 2014-10-05, 17:42   Link #29
phishmeister68

He jumped then swings down upon Lancer, Lancer just blocked, then Archer goes arrrghh, then Lancer goes flying into the school building.

The trajectory of Lancer getting blown off doesn't even make sense. The angle doesn't make sense. Physics.

It's just like all these hollywood movies making action scenes realistic. The new James Bond doesn't have as much fancy gadgets as Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig got a radio from Q, lol. And the new movie, the Equalizer, that movie was so good. This fight scene looks like Star Wars, all the colours just go flying, pew pew pew. I don't like Star Wars
Old 2014-10-05, 17:50   Link #30
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmeister68
The trajectory of Lancer getting blown off doesn't even make sense. The angle doesn't make sense. Physics.
Didn't he just run away too fast? :P

Quote:
It's just like all these hollywood movies making action scenes realistic. The new James Bond doesn't have as much fancy gadgets as Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig got a radio from Q, lol. And the new movie, the Equalizer, that movie was so good. This fight scene looks like Star Wars, all the colours just go flying, pew pew pew. I don't like Star Wars
I repeat:

Quote:
It is not couldn't.
It is didn't want to :P
To explain: it was NEVER their intention to make the fight realistic. Some will not like it, some will, but it doesn't make them "trying to be realistic but failing".
Old 2014-10-05, 17:56   Link #31
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmeister68 View Post
He jumped then swings down upon Lancer, Lancer just blocked, then Archer goes arrrghh, then Lancer goes flying into the school building.

I clearly remember something about "a fight between Servants defies the laws of physics" mentioned at some point in the VN. This demonstrated that aspect well, imo.

Also Lancer wasn't even scratched after being thrown back and he was not serious (looking down on Archer as a "mere Bowman") and also there was KK's command seal order to "merely test out the other participants", which limited his stats as well.
Old 2014-10-05, 17:56   Link #32
phishmeister68

I said that I knew they would never try to be realistic, all the animes fight scenes is just pew pew pew flying colours.

Though I havent watch any anime for years now. There's some exception like One Piece maybe? I didnt watch One Piece, but I think their fight scenes is more choreographed. I hate Ichigo after Soul Society arc.

And I don't like how you try to speak for them when you say they could have drawn a choreographed fight scene but didn't. If I knew they could do it but choose not to for real, I'll be real piss, y'know.

Ah ya, doesn't matter they could defy physics. They fought normal in the VN, so that's my complaint.

I complaine, though I knew they would never try to be realistic.
Old 2014-10-05, 18:03   Link #33
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm a noob to the series. When does UBW start to differ a lot from the previous anime?
Old 2014-10-05, 18:04   Link #34
phishmeister68

Episode 0 is just like the prologue in the VN. All three routes have the same prologue, which is from Rin's perspective.

It'll differ starting at episode 1.
Old 2014-10-05, 18:13   Link #35
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I'm a noob to the series. When does UBW start to differ a lot from the previous anime?
There will be a few differences, but the UBW doesn't truly start to differ from the Fate route until the middle of the Illya/Berserker fight. So probably around episode 3 (Or 4 if you count yesterday's episode.)
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 18:29   Link #36
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it
Old 2014-10-05, 18:33   Link #37
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The point where you have to ultimately decide between the "Fate" route and the "Unlimited Blade Works" route is exactly the moment where this Episode 0 ended.

I'll put the actual action that decides it in spoiler tags, since it kind of spoils a small detail from next episode, so read it under own discretion:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Damn, I got the feeling he will never see this post...
Old 2014-10-05, 18:35   Link #38
HtwoN

Quote:

DEEN 2006

Ufotable 2014

What is this blasphemy from DEEN?

note: Lancer talking when closing his teeth, perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The point where you have to ultimately decide between the "Fate" route and the "Unlimited Blade Works" route is exactly the moment where this Episode 0 ended.

I'll put the actual action that decides it in spoiler tags, since it kind of spoils a small detail from next episode, so read it under own discretion:

Spoiler:
Do yo remember how can
Spoiler:

I don't really remember this detail.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 18:49   Link #39
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Do yo remember how can
Spoiler:

I don't really remember this detail.
Archer recognized Saber from his previous life so he hesitated to fight back against her, which allowed Saber to nearly kill him in one blow.

ufotable actually captured that pretty well in episode 0, even if in this version Shirou will stop Saber from actually going through with her charge.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 18:52   Link #40
phishmeister68

It was speculated between Shirou and Saber. Shirou mentions how Archer look shocked when he sees Saber jumping over the wall. One momentary lapse and one swing from Saber, Archer goes down. Shirou wonders if Archer knew Saber. Saber is offended by the notion that Archer went easy on her. That's Fate route. Archer defended himself in UBW of course.