1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-14, 21:26   Link #21
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The tennis outfit seems a bit odd. I thought showing a lot of skin was "unseemly" in this era?
It is. It's totally unseemly.

Or rather, it was, until they started putting girls from the cast in miniskirts and short shorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I was holding my laugh when Tatsuya describes Mari's methods of using multiple magic sequences in the surf board race.
The way he is interested in Mari as a magician is just.

Tatsuya being dense to female feelings and when Tatsuyta looked at Leonhart and Mikihiko, both of them looked away.
Are they dense too?
At this point it seems like Tatsuya's balance for attracting every woman in his general vicinity is that he's so null of emotional concepts that he doesn't understand that he is. I guess that's the price of being cool in this universe.
Old 2014-06-14, 21:32   Link #22
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't really get this Mayumi x Tatsuya thing. It feels like the story was supposed to put some kind of emphasis that Mayumi is into Tatsuya, but the scene in this episode(and others before it) doesn't....I don't know, have any feeling in it. Felt like it was just there. I didn't feel like it was something that would be expounded upon later either, which I find is weird, because this same thing happened last episode with Erika, and in that scene, I actually felt a connection between them(not even considering the fact that Eri = best char and being a supporter for EriXTatsu ship).

Old 2014-06-14, 21:37   Link #23
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't really get this Mayumi x Tatsuya thing. It feels like the story was supposed to put some kind of emphasis that Mayumi is into Tatsuya, but the scene in this episode(and others before it) doesn't....I don't know, have any feeling in it. Felt like it was just there. I didn't feel like it was something that would be expounded upon later either, which I find is weird, because this same thing happened last episode with Erika, and in that scene, I actually felt a connection between them(not even considering the fact that Eri = best char and being a supporter for EriXTatsu ship).
There were a decent number of Mayumi screentime cut from the first arc of her teasing Tatsuya and Tatsuya being all logical straight man on her.

Same with Erika a bit.
Spoiler for sword:
Old 2014-06-14, 23:15   Link #24
pampz21
ShipCore

Fairy Miyuki vs Maid Erika vs Tennis Mini-skirt Mayumi.....

Or

We can throw away Mayumi because it was too common and so mehhh..... So we focus on the main two.

My vote is ofc....
Btw I can feel the hate of the anime staff on Mayumi, they either butchered her or they just don't care about the mob character.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-06-14, 23:58   Link #25
Ultragunner

^ shut up you Erika fanboy
Old 2014-06-15, 00:07   Link #26
rladls2121

Erika fanboy huh, I wonder if there are Mizuki fanboys?

But then of course, Erika is expected to be high regards as a character since the beginning.
She did something and happened in the Enrollment arc.
Her Popularity might have boosted up after her in a maid uniform in the current arc.
I think I understand why Mikihiko said it is a cosplay because it is really.
Her character itself is cosplay in someway.
Erika really stands out.

MikihikoxMizuki shipping is to be expected end of this arc maybe.
Mizuki is also very cute, more than Miyuki and Mayumi, at least to me.

In the first place, character like Miyuki and Mayumi are just to normal, they are fine but nothing more or less about it, and the anime made these two seemed more normal than the light novel version, at least to me.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:13   Link #27
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Miyuki "main" and Azusa fan

For me I want Tatsuya x Leo scene or isori in crossdress coz his face look like
Old 2014-06-15, 00:18   Link #28
rladls2121

Your Azusa avator makes this Tatsuya x Leo scene topic even more suggestive, this time it is not about Taurus Silver CAD gun.

Something that Leonhart can help with Tatsuya already made a person thought of this shipping.
I'm done with it.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:18   Link #29
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the lack of tension in this episode is too annoying...
at first, I thought they're going to win with full points... but it seems there are several tight matches that didn't get animated

well, at least Tatsuya is little getting soft with Honoka and Mayumi... although he gave his best response to Miyuki... "You're my highest priority for now"

expecting several tight and close matches in next episode
oh ya... it seems like Tatsuya holds a secret identity in military... He has another name
Old 2014-06-15, 00:39   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Seems that no matter what angle or any competition she's taking, Mayumi Saegusa is amazing!

On the other hand, since the Third High School is catching up on First High School, I have a feeling that Tatsuya will be forced to compete despite being a magic engineer.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:43   Link #31
rladls2121

Major Kazama was it? He already forbid Tatsuya to show off his power around his military level.

In the first place, Tatsuya was not interested in competing, but Miyuki begged him.

I'm kind of having a mixed feeling because what Tatsuya doing right now is sort of in an undercover.
However, he is more exposed than he is since his fellow schoolmates are already aware of his ability in not military as of now maybe but to some extent.

Tatsuya being used as the school's trump card in the Nine School Competition might be his one of the worst outcome of his mission.
Old 2014-06-15, 00:57   Link #32
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Fairy Miyuki vs Maid Erika vs Tennis Mini-skirt Mayumi.....

Or

We can throw away Mayumi because it was too common and so mehhh..... So we focus on the main two.

My vote is ofc....
Btw I can feel the hate of the anime staff on Mayumi, they either butchered her or they just don't care about the mob character.
Main TWO ? sorry, but Your erika is not that popular. man
Old 2014-06-15, 01:18   Link #33
Ultragunner

Quote:
Major Kazama was it? He already forbid Tatsuya to show off his power around his military level.

In the first place, Tatsuya was not interested in competing, but Miyuki begged him.

I'm kind of having a mixed feeling because what Tatsuya doing right now is sort of in an undercover.
However, he is more exposed than he is since his fellow schoolmates are already aware of his ability in not military as of now maybe but to some extent.

Tatsuya being used as the school's trump card in the Nine School Competition might be his one of the worst outcome of his mission.
Yeah, and so far as you can see, Tatsuya has been doing a horrible jobs at staying low , perhaps he ISN'T as "smart" as he wants to be, especially when it comes to his own affairs (and image)
Old 2014-06-15, 01:34   Link #34
passin'gass
Cropduster

Yes IMO the main three are Mayumi, (spoiler), and...

This episode is a low point in the animated series, almost like going through a checklist and calling it a day

For example: Producer: "did we animate the Mari surfing and Kanon exploding pictures?" Director: "yes, we did." Producer: "Good. That's all I wanna know." ........................!!!

LoTR is a good example of selective editing for the better, no Tom Bombadil thank the director
Old 2014-06-15, 04:11   Link #35
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Seems that no matter what angle or any competition she's taking, Mayumi Saegusa is amazing!

On the other hand, since the Third High School is catching up on First High School, I have a feeling that Tatsuya will be forced to compete despite being a magic engineer.
Well terrorists are probably going to attack.

Quote:
Yeah, and so far as you can see, Tatsuya has been doing a horrible jobs at staying low , perhaps he ISN'T as "smart" as he wants to be, especially when it comes to his own affairs (and image)
He can't stop himself being being awesome obv.
Old 2014-06-15, 05:47   Link #36
Gundamx

Quote:
Erika fanboy huh, I wonder if there are Mizuki fanboys?
I was TetsuyaXMizuki fan but then I took an arrow on the knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
considering he just been called strategist magic class mage-> so he done more than great to stay low
since most people think he is just good highschool mage who should be in class 1 not class 2

anyway, it look like they upload second and third chibi episode in official site
(explaining about mahouka world and magic)

http://mahouka.us/special/#s01

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-06-15 at 06:02.
Old 2014-06-15, 05:48   Link #37
mrSh4dy

Hmmm I didn't know crunchyroll streamed picture books?

No seriously this was just like that. Without comparing this to the source material this was a horrible adaption.
It's like they literally tried to copy what was written in the LN without trying to actually adopt it to the different media that is anime...
And I wonder why. This arc is everything a LN to anime adaption team could ask for yet we get this lackluster experience that ruins the whole show.
Old 2014-06-15, 06:28   Link #38
novalysis

Ah yes, the classical Shonen competition arc. Usually the point most Shounen Action shows pick up their game.
Old 2014-06-15, 07:06   Link #39
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Was this episode really a competition ? That was so boring, that lack of intensity put me on the verge of falling asleep.
Old 2014-06-15, 07:23   Link #40
Ickarium

Well, for one thing it's the preliminaries. For another, Mayumi and Mari kind of majorly outweigh their opponents, so. You'll notice that Isori's beau had a closer match, though.