Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-09, 12:30   Link #21
Quol
That Guy

Ah that Akatsuki moment was great!
Old 2013-11-09, 12:42   Link #22
J4n1

Decent episode for setting up the next conflict, though because we don't get to peek into the characters thoughts like we can in the light novel it leaves something to be desired.

edit-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Yes, poor Akatsuki.
Old 2013-11-09, 12:55   Link #23
tsunade666

Aweeeeeeeeeeesome!!!!!
KITAAAaaAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Black heart is here!!! It start the reign of the devil that has heart darker than black.

Awesome episode. I'll give it 10th if the animation is better and they make black heart more sinister but 9 is good.
Old 2013-11-09, 12:57   Link #24
HandofFate

Log Horizon pace is a lot slower than other animes this season, not really a bad thing, but makes me just want to read the light novels instead.

Can someone elaborate more on Shiroe's inner monologue on why he was so hesitate on extending help to the two kids, or why the kids was hesitate to call out to him for help?
Old 2013-11-09, 14:20   Link #25
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Log Horizon pace is a lot slower than other animes this season, not really a bad thing, but makes me just want to read the light novels instead.

Can someone elaborate more on Shiroe's inner monologue on why he was so hesitate on extending help to the two kids, or why the kids was hesitate to call out to him for help?
Well for the kids, they were hesitant to rely on a higher level friend when they had nothing to offer him in return especially in this new world where basically the high levels can do anything they want. They didn't want to be a bother to Shiroe.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-11-09, 15:45   Link #26
Divini
Senpai!

The world building in this anime is so good. Being a veteran MMO player, I nerded out at those explanations of guild politics, EXP pots, sharing hunting grounds, and small vs large guilds.

On EXP pots, it was interesting that those weren't un-tradeable/bind on pickup, as it usually is in all the MMOs I've played. So many ways to abuse such a mechanic. (for example, creating a bunch of low level alts to feed your main) I wonder if it's like that in Log Horizon just for the sake of the plot, or if it would have a deeper meaning, like a malicious design of the GMs.
Old 2013-11-09, 15:56   Link #27
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johaocarl View Post
50 gold ONE hamburguer? And we will see long queues of players that will want buy them...

PS

TASTY food... it was not FAST food?
Actually it's only 15 gold. TL mistake from crunchyroll.

And ohhh the irony. In real life when a restaurant takes too long to serve you usually question if they had to go slaughter the cow/pig or go gather the vegetables from a farm. But here they really have to go hunt and slaughter the pigs for the meat
Old 2013-11-09, 15:56   Link #28
tsunade666

Where's hesitation for helping the kids can be sum up by one word. Coward. His afraid to take responsibility, afraid of center stage, afraid of helping others out of twisted thinking that free help is suspicious or rather there is no free. Just like when prop approach him in elder tale for advice and help. He despise them but he doesn't hate the beginner. They are just newbie to the game and ares there to enjoy and explore and not exploit. Afraid of taking responsibility and failed. Afraid of receiving gratitude because his not use to receiving a REAL than you. He is used up to leech that when he receive real thanks for saving serara despite that, that is not his real goal. He said it at this episode. He doesn't like the current Akiba that's why he go and save serara in susukino.

His logical thinking is stopping his real potential. He just need to move forward.

The image of the girl who is the acting leader of eto is usually that pushes shiroe to move forward which is why she is mostly shown as flashback or a gentle push for the current shiroe.
Old 2013-11-09, 15:57   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
The world building in this anime is so good. Being a veteran MMO player, I nerded out at those explanations of guild politics, EXP pots, sharing hunting grounds, and small vs large guilds.

On EXP pots, it was interesting that those weren't un-tradeable/bind on pickup, as it usually is in all the MMOs I've played. So many ways to abuse such a mechanic. (for example, creating a bunch of low level alts to feed your main) I wonder if it's like that in Log Horizon just for the sake of the plot, or if it would have a deeper meaning, like a malicious design of the GMs.
It may have been bind on pick up, which is normal for items like that in MMO.
But even if that was the case, because this is a real world now there's nothing preventing players from you know, physically handing the item over.
Just like in Susukino, Demikas ordered his men to take the player's armor.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:12   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Actually it's only 15 gold. TL mistake from crunchyroll.
I'm quite sure Akatsuki says gojuu though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It may have been bind on pick up, which is normal for items like that in MMO.
But even if that was the case, because this is a real world now there's nothing preventing players from you know, physically handing the item over.
Just like in Susukino, Demikas ordered his men to take the player's armor.
It's normal in most modern MMO's. In ye olde days, Bind on Equip or Bind on Pickup did not exist. In some games you could even lose everything on death. It'd just fall on the ground for anyone to pick up.

It seems Elder Tales is a case of Bind on Equip/Pickup not existing.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:38   Link #31
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I would follow Shiroe anywhere, no questions asked. He's suck a nice guy.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:43   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
too bad we didn't see her in the dress
Old 2013-11-09, 16:48   Link #33
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
On EXP pots, it was interesting that those weren't un-tradeable/bind on pickup, as it usually is in all the MMOs I've played. So many ways to abuse such a mechanic. (for example, creating a bunch of low level alts to feed your main)
I remember for a fact that I've sold a few account-grant EXP pot on TERA (that being said you only get 1 per account, and the ones I sold were given out by special event, AND they only last an hour per pot). I'm guessing it's an Asian MMO thing (TERA is a Korean MMO). Maybe.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:13   Link #34
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
too bad we didn't see her in the dress
I'm betting they're reserving that for the blu-ray omake's.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:16   Link #35
RobotCat
In a Box

The EXP pots might not be a design flaw. I think you're only allowed one character per server (not sure on this). That'd mean that for normal players it'd be impossible to take advantage of, as most people would level past 30 pretty quickly.

It'd also give new players a way to get some money quickly, because those exp pot prices will adjust with inflation on the MMO market. Aion has a system where a new player can get some rare clothing dyes after hitting level 10, which sell for quite a bit of money for a new player, but relatively nothing for a veteran.

This system can only be exploited now because they can exert force over these new players to keep them from leveling past 30, and force them to stay in the game. There's basically no escape.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:19   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I would follow Shiroe anywhere, no questions asked. He's suck a nice guy.
He's the one who advised to keep the food secret, which I argued earlier was a major dick move.

The immortality means they don't fear the world enough.

The removal of the simple pleasure of food means they don't desire enough.

Is it any wonder, then, that they "underestimate the world"?
Old 2013-11-09, 17:19   Link #37
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
There's basically no escape.
Except for Shiroe the Dakr .
But still, I have a feeling that he's going to destroy Hamelin and the others not so much by beating the shit out of them. Shiroe is most dangerous when he's thinking of ways to crush your spirit.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:39   Link #38
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's the one who advised to keep the food secret, which I argued earlier was a major dick move.
A dick move that's now going to be a trumph card in the quest to clean out Akiba.

Still a dick move, but it deserves to be noted.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:42   Link #39
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

The immortality means they don't fear the world enough.i

The removal of the simple pleasure of food means they don't desire enough.

Is it any wonder, then, that they "underestimate the world"?
"He's the one who advised to keep the food secret, which I argued earlier was a major dick move."
If he keep it a secret for no reason at all, other than just for the heck, then yeah, it is a dick move. But he gave a reason, and a really plausible one(which you might conviniently ignore or didnt notice)

And you lied. Earlier you questioned why Nyanta didnt spread the "secret", not Shiroe.

" The immortality means they don't fear the world enough."
Its the opposite. They were scared that they afraid to explore the world, even with the supposed "immortality" that you said(and again, dead and being revived is NOT THE SAME as immortality)

" The removal of the simple pleasure of food means they don't desire enough."
I agree with these though.
Old 2013-11-09, 17:51   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
"He's the one who advised to keep the food secret, which I argued earlier was a major dick move."
If he keep it a secret for no reason at all, other than just for the heck, then yeah, it is a dick move. But he gave a reason, and a really plausible one(which you might conviniently ignore or didnt notice)
I just don't agree with it. The problem created by the lack of desirable food vastly outweigh any vague "trouble" the revelation would cause. It's not like he planned any big move himself at the time.

Quote:
And you lied. Earlier you questioned why Nyanta didnt spread the "secret", not Shiroe.
It's a dick move no matter who pulls it.

Quote:
" The immortality means they don't fear the world enough."
Its the opposite. They were scared that they afraid to explore the world,
They're still scared of pain, and the stakes are so very low.

Quote:
even with the supposed "immortality" that you said(and again, dead and being revived is NOT THE SAME as immortality)
A temporary inconvenience isn't death, therefore, they don't die if they're killed, to use the usual expression. Ergo, they're immortal.

Immortality doesn't mean invulnerable or invincible.
Closed Thread

Tags
attack on akatsuki