AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 00:35   Link #21
Kakurin
大佐

That sure was a nice stance.

Spoiler for Ep16:
Old 2013-08-18, 00:35   Link #22
GundamZZ
残念美人

I heard that sale is bad due to the original ending. Everyone is out.
It's as animation studio slaps faces on every girl's supporters.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-08-18, 00:40   Link #23
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So not picking one or being neutral is the best?

I remembered Carnival's Phantasm skit Date the main heroine vs Conquer them all route.

But still resulted in a bad ending though..
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Old 2013-08-18, 00:40   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
When the ending of the novel was revealed, sales of the anime rose tremendously, and the ending of the anime is essentially the same, so what you heard is not correlated to actual data.
Old 2013-08-18, 00:41   Link #25
Soverence

Well I got to say, I felt like this was a good ending to a great series. The voice actors in all three of the episodes did a spectacular job if you ask me, they really helped bring out the emotions of all the characters and never really fell flat.

Nothing really felt that rushed either except for the final wedding scene which we just kind of teleported to but that isn't really that big of a deal since we can fill in the blanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Particularly, Kirino's audio messages were very important, but I found it a bit hard to follow in the anime because they kept cutting to random stills that mean little (and the fact they were just stills made it even more distracting to me).
I kind of agree with you there as well, the stills were a little odd, I get that they were suppose to be stills of places where important events had taken place for the two but they could have at least animated the people and made the area seem alive a little bit. I was kind of actually hopping to see scenes of the two siblings themselves while that recording was being played showing what they had been through but I guess they had used up a lot of the scenes at other points already.
Old 2013-08-18, 00:58   Link #26
Kakurin
大佐

So, now that I've finished watching, I must say it was a very good ending to a very good series. But still, I'll give it an 8. To me as somebody who read the LNs I missed a couple of little things, that although they are details, are important aids in undertanding the ending (like the Mikagami conversation - although I admit, fitting that conversation in would have taken too much valueble time - or the scene prior to the kiss on the cheek when Kirino asked for a merchandise ring). And I agree with the notion that the stills during the audio recordings were kind of unnecessary. It could have been fitting with something better. As for pace, yes, it is hard with all those conversations in 15 and first part of 16. 14 with the Kuroneko scene felt slightly rushed to me.

But after sounding so negative, I had much fun in this episode. To me it was a good representation of the series overall. You had scenes that were funny and cracked you up, you had scenes that were very touching and all of the main characters presented their essence.

Now that this series has concluded it is kind of sad. But on the other hand I'll always find time to rewatch it. I enjoy every episode (well, with the exception of the anime-only content of Episode 8 first season and to a lesser degree Episode 2 of the second season - they just feel a little bit out of place in my opinion).
Old 2013-08-18, 01:00   Link #27
DevG

Great ending! I already had my closure when vol 12 came out so i wasnt as emotionally hit! But i am really glad i read the LN first, the LN made this series 100x better.

From an anime only perspective, the scenes were so quick and clear cut that I didnt have enough time to process the information. I think since they had time to make an OVA they should have dragged out the scenes, to let us absorb what was going on (kureneko/Kanako/Manami). Also the biggest thing for me was that it switched from dramatic moments to happy osts which kind of made me confused on how to feel, look back at the scene where kyosuke gets into the minivan, their was to much comic relief. In the LN it still held the dramatic mood. Well, Originals are always 100x better so, koodos, i really liked this anime and LN. My only complaint is that he isnt continueing it!!
Old 2013-08-18, 01:04   Link #28
Wilshere

Well, they cut a lot of chapter 1,4 and 5 but its okay. I think LN readers are the most frustrated but all-in-all it was a pretty good end to a great series. Ep 15 and last part of 16 were just touching.
Old 2013-08-18, 01:05   Link #29
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
Great ending! I already had my closure when vol 12 came out so i wasnt as emotionally hit! But i am really glad i read the LN first, the LN made this series 100x better.
Yes, I'm wondering how an anime-only watcher got hit by the ending. I know Vol.12 quite well, so I could follow up on missing things / additional content / explanational help at the same time. But for anime-only watchers, I can only guess about how they think about the ending.
Old 2013-08-18, 01:06   Link #30
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
"Applause, cheers, standing ovations"

The last three episode really lived to the expectation I had for them. The seiyuu was so incredible in their roles that you could feel how much hard work and feeling they've put into their jobs to help contribute to the inevitable conclusion. The scenes were well done and emotionally impacting, and my heart still hurts just remembering Kuroneko ripping up that note that held the precious memories of her and Kyousuke together. My eyes are getting misty here "swipes eyes with tissue".

The fight scene between Manami and Kirino wasn't has climatic as in the novels because their were a bit more inaction and Kyousuke handled the situation are bit more subtle than calmly. None the less, the seiyuu's made up for it for putting alot of work into putting the overall feelings into the scene which didn't feel flat or over the top in anyway. Kana Hanazawa truly shined when she was expressing her sadness and anguish, a truly talented and brilliant seiyuu. My personal favourite.

I wish that the anime including Kouki's story about his marriage to 2D and his scandal with a loli, which I found to be quite funny, but at the same "philosophical" because it sort felt like what Kyousuke was doing in a matter of subtext of course. The ending overall was "acceptable" not the best, but good none the less. I truly enjoyed it, best hour and a half of my morning.

Thank you Tsukasa Fushimi-sensei, the seiyuus, the studio, the artists, the people behind the scenes for making this an incredible journey. I've followed this series for 2 years now and I have no regrets.

I'm still heartbroken that Kuroneko didn't become the end girl, but oh well, PSP game route and fanfiction here I come!
Old 2013-08-18, 01:12   Link #31
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
"Applause, cheers, standing ovations"

The last three episode really lived to the expectation I had for them. The seiyuu was so incredible in their roles that you could feel how much hard work and feeling they've put into their jobs to help contribute to the inevitable conclusion. The scenes were well done and emotionally impacting, and my heart still hurts just remembering Kuroneko ripping up that note that held the precious memories of her and Kyousuke together. My eyes are getting misty here "swipes eyes with tissue".

The fight scene between Manami and Kirino wasn't has climatic as in the novels because their were a bit more inaction and Kyousuke handled the situation are bit more subtle than calmly. None the less, the seiyuu's made up for it for putting alot of work into putting the overall feelings into the scene which didn't feel flat or over the top in anyway. Kana Hanazawa truly shined when she was expressing her sadness and anguish, a truly talented and brilliant seiyuu. My personal favourite.

I wish that the anime including Kouki's story about his marriage to 2D and his scandal with a loli, which I found to be quite funny, but at the same "philosophical" because it sort felt like what Kyousuke was doing in a matter of subtext of course. The ending overall was "acceptable" not the best, but good none the less. I truly enjoyed it, best hour and a half of my morning.

Thank you Tsukasa Fushimi-sensei, the seiyuus, the studio, the artists, the people behind the scenes for making this an incredible journey. I've followed this series for 2 years now and I have no regrets.

I'm still heartbroken that Kuroneko didn't become the end girl, but oh well, PSP game route and fanfiction here I come!
Yes, I forgot to praise the seiyuu's. The seiyuu's of the main characters were outstanding. Not only in this episode but in the entire series. I think they all captured the essence of the characters. Hanazawa Kana with that specific Kuroneko style, gentle, but sometimes also quite sharp. Taketatsu Ayana with the different shades of Kirino anger, as well as her "good" and gentle sides. Nabatame Hitomi (uh, I only noticed just now that she was also the seiyuu of Margery Daw, would have never guessed it ) with the two sides of Saori, Sato Satomi with the calm-as-always Manami and of course Nakamura Yuichi as Kyousuke (love that Super-Kyousuke mode of him). As for these episodes, I agree, Hanazawa Kana did an excellent job. Especially in that opening scene of 14.

And as I have mentioned above, I also agree that the Mikagami conversation is a quite meaningful one and it is a pity it had to be cut (as it also aids in understanding the ending). But I also see the reason why it was cut, the conversation would have taken a few minutes.

Anyway, nice to hear an unbiased opinion of a Kuroneko-shipper.
Old 2013-08-18, 01:58   Link #32
zero7090

still, Kyosuke level of manliness is off the chart.
Old 2013-08-18, 02:05   Link #33
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Spoiler for Episode 16 Ending Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-18, 03:05   Link #34
type-R!

A little too fast paced but in the end it came out quite well. I'm also thankful to the seiyuus, they indeed gave life to the characters, specially Kyousuke, his voice really fits his personality.
Either way it was really nice too see the final scenes well animated, even the Manami fight scene was awesome.
Still, I would have loved to see the siscons/brocons fights between the Akagis and Kousakas........
Old 2013-08-18, 03:09   Link #35
Phantom

Well, seeing that I have only read the spoilers for the final volume for this series and also only watched the anime and games' clips, I must have missed a quite amount of detail for the LNs. Nonetheless, I thought that this series was a good ride. Granted, not a GREAT series, but a series that I would look back at to say that that was a pretty good series.

The voice actors did an excellent job. I don't need to say anything about HanaKana and Nakamura's skills as voice actors because I've seen the former in many animes and the latter I've seen in Clannad. Ayana Taketatsu was the only one I had no prior knowledge of before venturing into this series. However, she did a great job at the emotional scenes. I certainly was not disappointed.

Now, for me anyways, onto the LNs to read what I have missed.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:22   Link #36
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Spoiler for Kirino haters rejoice!:

Someone needs to gif that and when
Spoiler:

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:26   Link #37
Thailog
Missing-nin

Awesome finale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Another thing I disliked, was them not showing a hand-holding scene before the meet up with Saori and Kuroneko.
Agreed, their time as a couple would have been better represented if that was in left in. However, Kirino's reaction in the ending scene kind of makes up for it.

Spoiler:

All in all, a great ending to a fantastic show.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:34   Link #38
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh god, I actually feel nauseous. I could have bitten directly into a thousand lemons and it wouldn't have left as much of a sour taste in my mouth than these scenes do. The more I watched these, the more times they intentionally tried to piss me off.

Sure, systematically go through each girl interested in Kyousuke and have him turn them down in a predictable manner in exchange for his now-turned sister. Hammer it into my skull, I was too dense to read what was happening.

The best part (and I'm a disgusting human being for saying this) was the dirty fight between Manami and Kirino, and only because Manami finally got to act out her frustrations and interrupt the other bullshit that was happening.

I actually feel like I have to go watch Photokano to wash off. That's how far down I am right now, folks. I WOULD RATHER WATCH PHOTOKANO.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:36   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thailog View Post
Spoiler:
This is true, and is actually something the anime could portray that the novels could not.

I also liked the use of "Reunion" just previously, as I had expected.
Old 2013-08-18, 03:39   Link #40
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is true, and is actually something the anime could portray that the novels could not.

I also liked the use of "Reunion" just previously, as I had expected.
Indeed, I just rewatched that scene again, and for all the advantages the novels possess in description of feelings, monologues etc. animation has the big advantage of showing expressions. And that sparkling face Kirino showed, more than adaquately expressed her true feelings - something that was guessed around back when the novel came out.

EDIT: Reading your translation of Reunion, it really fits perfectly for the ending.