5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-14, 23:55   Link #21
Chris38

Well, it was a good episode. I'm a little disappointed that it ended at that particular moment, but there is nothing that I can do about it.

Anyway, I'm looking toward the next episode, which should be even more interesting.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 23:57   Link #22
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I wasn't particularly on Issei's side when he picked a fight with the two girls towards the end, though. Yeah, they were being bitchy, but what they said wasn't completely untrue, and changing a neutral relationship to a hostile one just because some unkind things were said seems like an overreaction.
The situation only became serious when Xenovia was talking about killing Asia. The fact that she was going to do that just after agreeing to not interfere with each other is pretty bad.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 00:31   Link #23
The Green One

While Irina was just being insensitive, Xenovia's words while she just may be reciting the church doctrine could easily be seen as incredibly insulting. Not to mention Asia was quite clearly emotionally hurt by it.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 02:24   Link #24
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

It might just be me, but the animation so far looks a little better in my eyes for the second season compared to season 1.

ep. 2: The tag team fight looks like its going to be good to watch. Excellent fanservice as always.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 02:58   Link #25
SQA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
So far watching the 2 episodes I would say is it looks like they did the anime for the whole third novel and then went back and did their best to break it up into episodes. The breaks seem to be a little like an after thought.

I love the series and loved the part in the club room with xenovia and Isse. It gave me the exact same feelings when I read the novel. Wanting to go and smack Xenovia upside the head.

As for th scene with Sona, Tsubaki, Rias and Akeno, while I like them bringing Sona in more than was in the novel, I do think it was a little over the top, but as someone mentioned this is a fan service series.
Having an important meeting in a sauna with the "important" female characters is perfectly in line with the way this series operates. As an anime-only viewer, it felt perfectly in character to the characters.

And awesome.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 04:15   Link #26
sky black swordman

Episode 2 was pretty good.

The short fight between Freed and Kiba was decent. And I can't believe Issei confused Irina, his childhood friend for boy. Then again, Irina, herself said she did act like a boy when she was younger. Will have to wait until next week to see the 2 vs 2 match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
It might just be me, but the animation so far looks a little better in my eyes for the second season compared to season 1.
Well, I have seen difference in character designs between this season and the first season.
Old 2013-07-15, 04:56   Link #27
ImperialFlameGod8190

the thing is the animation for this season is much different then the first one. maybe kiba in particular reminds me of the animation from Code:breaker.

Scene with Asia and the witch is exactly what you suspect if you've read the novel I mean think about it. The church had no problem killing kiba's buddies and nearly kiba himself because they couldn't achieve their goal. They got rid of asia because she healed somebody perceived as their enemies. If she hadn't done that she would still be a member of the church and lets face it asia where she is works out fine for me

And your really blowing the asia rias issei triangle out of proportions here.
1st. THIS ISNT NTR AT ALL because nobody is stealing anybody from anybody else issei is a horny guy rias is horny and as of right now issei sees asia as his little sister (pun sort of intended) and he doesn't want her to become a naughty girl.
2nd. Plot device or whatever you want to call it issei cant really active bone the girls cause that's what hentai are all about. This series is probably the closest you are ever going to get to hentai without it being one EXPECT NAKEDNESS THROUGHOUT AND IF YOUR UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT DROP IT NOW ITS SUPPOSE TO BE OVER THE TOP.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 05:38   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post

And your really blowing the asia rias issei triangle out of proportions here.
1st. THIS ISNT NTR AT ALL because nobody is stealing anybody from anybody else issei is a horny guy rias is horny and as of right now issei sees asia as his little sister (pun sort of intended) and he doesn't want her to become a naughty girl.
2nd. Plot device or whatever you want to call it issei cant really active bone the girls cause that's what hentai are all about. This series is probably the closest you are ever going to get to hentai without it being one EXPECT NAKEDNESS THROUGHOUT AND IF YOUR UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT DROP IT NOW ITS SUPPOSE TO BE OVER THE TOP.
So the critique of this show should drop this series if they are uncomfortable with nakedness? May be you should drop it if you can't take the criticism! Just kidding! No one needs to "drop it" based on their opinion toward the show regardless of what they are. No one's blowing anything out of proportion either though it's highly possible you might have missed the intended desire on some of the humor laden posts. Yes, few people were joking by the way they chose to word their posts. Content of this series demands such. You obviously didn't get it. Anyway, let's ALL have fun. We can start with by asking no one to drop this series.

To get back to the swing of episode 2, I regret to say that I've already forgotten the color of Asia negligee she puts on after they all wake up from their reverie. I may need a re-watch to refresh my memories.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 05:48   Link #29
EroKing

A very light shade of green, now you don't have to re-watch it

*EroKing gets sliced up by a random katana out of nowhere*

Wonder how Issei is going to concentrate in the match when Irina sounds like she is c**ming non-stop while talking to him at the end there
*checks on other roles Uchida Maaya has done*
Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou??? eh? EHHHH????
Old 2013-07-15, 06:39   Link #30
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So the critique of this show should drop this series if they are uncomfortable with nakedness? May be you should drop it if you can't take the criticism! Just kidding! No one needs to "drop it" based on their opinion toward the show regardless of what they are. No one's blowing anything out of proportion either though it's highly possible you might have missed the intended desire on some of the humor laden posts. Yes, few people were joking by the way they chose to word their posts. Content of this series demands such. You obviously didn't get it. Anyway, let's ALL have fun. We can start with by asking no one to drop this series.

To get back to the swing of episode 2, I regret to say that I've already forgotten the color of Asia negligee she puts on after they all wake up from their reverie. I may need a re-watch to refresh my memories.
its more like im annoyed at people because they act so shocked that the fanservice is there but if u watch season 1 its obvious where it comes from. Maybe its just me when people watch a show that's a season 2 without seeing the 1st season and are shocked when its obvious to everybody else I mean heck right now I practically run the social group and to me anybody whose shocked that this is fanservice simply isn't paying attention sorry if I offended you.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 07:03   Link #31
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

kiba had sword battle hammy freed til freed call back from someone & yet issei got pillow grab by rias & asia in the morning?

oh issei got call from his dragon arm about beware of white dragon give issei i can take it & be the harem king.

club meet wonder where kiba due to rias reveal more kiba was experiment for excalibur swords give sword make into seven pieces give test subjects we're going be "discard" give kiba escape almost snow buried til rias rescue him.

then rias & akeno meet with student pres & vice about church members in town then lead issei & asia meet two female church members give orange hair was one from his kiddie pics.

next day church members had meet with rias about 7 swords give 3 are missing yet those two were holding holy swords give wonder rias if plan work fallen give in her family names will not work with fallen.

well almost all set til blue hair saying that hurt asia that got issei full defend the asia so now spar battle with issei & kiba vs two church girls.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 07:54   Link #32
backbone
Banned

Don't really have any thought to write a new post, so i'll just copy-paste-translate my post from chinese forum.

Overall episode 2 is getting better than the first as this show has finally begun to pick the pace and pointing towards the bigger story of the arc. The good news is, the fanservice scenes didn't really bother me as much as previous eps did as they only appear for a very short moment and can be easily skipped without losing any important aspects.

What tickled my interest the most are two major plot points that were introduced in this eps :

1) Issei's conversation with his left hand (forgot the name of that red dragon gauntlet), implying about the "white dragon" whom he will eventually meet (I have gut feeling that its host is the white haired bishonen voiced by Ryota Ohsaka who appears briefly in the OP), and also telling him that . . . every of its previous hosts was harem king? I mean, really? What a convenient power Issei has got given his relentless lusting over women. Oh and if Issei and that "white dragon" don't have an epic fight somewhere among these 12 episodes, i'll eat my shoes.

2) Yuuto's past - Yep, finally it's clear already, and manages to answer my rant about "plot convenience" in previous eps. Regarding why he despises holy sword so much and how he became Rias' underling in the first place (And please, please DxD, flesh his pasts out and don't neglect his story for the future episodes). And this gets better with the introduction of two Excalibur wielding girls which further raises Yuuto's significance in the story (The white-haired priest? Meh, i couldn't careless 'bout him). And i'll be honest, in my eyes, the current Yuuto seems much more interesting and promising as a character than Issei, the show's lead itself.

On another note, WTH Issei is doing with his client? First accompany him while drinking and now fishing together at night? He looks like an errand boy than a Devil that way
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:06   Link #33
Kirihara_R

again regarding to that fanservice its not im uncomfortable with it heck im happy (because its rare to see Sona and Tsubaki naked ) .. its just a bit disappointing that if they focus more on that some people will misunderstood again, dropping the series thinking that dxd is only an anime with "fanservice" without knowing the story is... as a fan of dxd of course i want other people to acknowledge it ...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-15 at 23:28. Reason: removed hint
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:24   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
and also telling him that . . . every of its previous hosts was harem king?
Had a harem, not was a harem king. Keep in mind how ancient they are, and how many hosts they've had, and how it wasn't unusual in the past for a feudal lord or military general to have many women. Also remember how much normal people are attracted to normal power, and then amplify that with a dragon and magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
On another note, WTH Issei is doing with his client? First accompany him while drinking and now fishing together at night? He looks like an errand boy than a Devil that way
Did you not see the second OVA where it showed each person taking a request? Koneko played video games with her client, Akeno gave an erotic foot massage, and Kiba cooked dinner. Outside of the request for Rias to defeat the mummy magician, they were all basically errand-type chores.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:36   Link #35
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did you not see the second OVA where it showed each person taking a request? Koneko played video games with her client, Akeno gave an erotic foot massage, and Kiba cooked dinner. Outside of the request for Rias to defeat the mummy magician, they were all basically errand-type chores.
No, because they're mainly just random, plotless, urgh-inducing ecchi humor which i dropped in the first 10 seconds before throwing them to recycle bin and deleting them from my PC for good.

sorry, no offense
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 09:53   Link #36
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Hmm, I wonder if every episode is going to start with Rias and Asia naked in Issei's room Oh, maybe every episode, 1 new girl joins the morning wake up call! Rias was episode 1, Rias and Asia was episode 2, maybe Akeno will join them in episode 3 and so forth

Thank Hell Issei and Kiba intervened at the end there, I wasn't pleased with those girls upsetting Asia like that! I hope Issei shreds their clothing to pieces and Kiba shreds them to pieces!
And at the end of this series, Issei has 12 girls waking him up...

Anyways, can't wait for the tag team battle next week!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 10:51   Link #37
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
And at the end of this series, Issei has 12 girls waking him up...

Anyways, can't wait for the tag team battle next week!
He'll need a larger bed then. Screw queen and king size, lets go Harem-size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the thing is the animation for this season is much different then the first one. maybe kiba in particular reminds me of the animation from Code:breaker.
Maybe the production studio has a better budget this time around. We did get a second season after all.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 10:59   Link #38
DrakeKnight

Pretty good episode and way better than the first episode

Finally some plot development and really like that scene where Ise protected Asia from Xenova
But the episode was over too fast wanted to watch the duel too bad need to wait for it next week
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:22   Link #39
rvlast

I think I see why they shove a lot of fanservice for the girls for the first few episodes.

Come later episodes... oh boy, floodgates are gonna open.

EDIT: I can't exactly remember but was Irina THAT annoying? I really need to read the light novels again.
Old 2013-07-15, 11:43   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlast View Post
EDIT: I can't exactly remember but was Irina THAT annoying? I really need to read the light novels again.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-15 at 23:29.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote