AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 57.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-14, 23:17   Link #21
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

After seeing the episode with subtitles, I give it a realistic rating of 11/10.

But seriously, that was excellent. I loved it. The voicing was so good: I couldn't believe it. Mugino really was done well. ITEM as a whole was portrayed excellently.

I'm happy to see that ITEM is now officially another cool organization that is part of Raildex that viewers can enjoy.

I laughed so hard when Mugino was hit in the head by that doll: the seiyu was perfect

I was actually thinking cat-fight after I was seeing the names the two of them were calling each other... it was a little surprising... I thought Mikoto had a little more class than that... but whatever... wait... who am I kidding... her LEVEL 5 ACE of TOKIWADAI image has more class than that... not her...

Frenda's face when Saiai said: "She said you were going to get a spanking" (OMG I loved that) that was hilarious. Saiai actually said that Mugino said spanking lololololol.

I originally thought that was a fan-made face/picture animation/ looking at Frenda's face in he reaction to that statement... I mean the blood coming out of her mouth just makes it look so funny (I loved that scene)!

Rikou said some emotional lines that I really liked. They made me feel like ITEM was portrayed at least a little better than just as cold-hearted killers. That was a win by J.C. staff which makes ITEM seem more real in some ways--something that I appreciate.

@Ilidsor and everyone else who said it: the ending was great. Touma's voice was hilarious and seeing the two of them fight like that reminds me of old times

That was a really fun episode to watch especially with subtitles. I especially appreciated the scene with Mikoto seeing the cat, what a nice touch. Is that the first time we've seen a non-black cat in Academy City (lolololololololol)? (in railgun...)

At some point, I assumed there were only black colored cats in academy city... maybe there was one other time with a different colored cat in railgun... but I don't remember....

I liked all of the things that happened this episode, and @ Zaarael, Mikoto said she was still tired/ not really recovered after waking up. She just went to the lab to shut it off anyway later on in the episode. That makes more sense.

I can't believe she hadn't really eaten in that many days (5?)... was it really that long ago when she made Maika give her tons of food? If so: does anyone know what the date is today in the anime version, we should be able to figure it out from the given info...

Lastly, I like it how Mugino used Chou while speaking to Saiai (I think of it as Chou now, not super... lol; still just as good if not better IMO).

Best two parts of the whole episode though were Mugino's reactions to Frenda's "screw-up." The silicon burn part wasn't that bad either
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 23:46   Link #22
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I can't believe she hadn't really eaten in that many days (5?)... was it really that long ago when she made Maika give her tons of food? If so: does anyone know what the date is today in the anime version, we should be able to figure it out from the given info...
We're on August 20, 9982's death was in August 15.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 23:48   Link #23
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
We're on August 20, 9982's death was in August 15.
Thank you. That does make sense: 5 days
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 00:33   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I just want to remind everyone that, even if you have some knowledge about what's coming next, you must not talk about it in Railgun anime episode threads. Please use one of the other threads based on your source knowledge. This includes speculation about how many more episodes the arc will take, etc. etc.
Old 2013-06-15, 01:25   Link #25
VTHokiePride

I wish I had an army of flying dolls with bombs in them. Have to say that was pretty clever loading them with metal and using them against Mugino. Anyway, I'm glad Touma has arrived and will be more active in this arc.
Old 2013-06-15, 01:47   Link #26
RJ TAYLER

That for me had shades of Alice Margatroid versus a very pissed off Marissa Krisame, and a nice tactical move from both parties there.

Overall I was sorely tempted to break my long standing vow never to give a perfect '10', as I can see the slightest of imperfections in anything, like in nature.

Loved the somewhat expected cameo at the end. I somehow feel there is another chance for the viewers to catch their breaths before any of the next arcs coming up. A real 'thank-you' for sticking with the series this year from the production staff and a natural 'offset' to the drama of the past four episodes, and a well-earned break for all of us.
Old 2013-06-15, 02:55   Link #27
aichara

Amazing. Amazing amazing. SUPER amazing

Episode 10 was amazing. Mugino vs Mikoto. The tension are there and the part where the doll hits Mugino's head was priceless. It crack me up a little.

And Touma scene just made my day. Even the previews. I really am missing him in the anime.

PERFECT 10/10
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 03:01   Link #28
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I'm always impressed with how Railgun seems to be so much better written than Index (Anime vs Anime). 10/10.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 03:12   Link #29
Marina2

Poor Shinobu, Mikoto doesn't even recognize her little help.

EDIT:

In this ep. there are seemingly throw away lines spoken by Mugino that are actually important thing people should take a note.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5ieoxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZHS3ejY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PPWnZ5T.jpg

In other word:

"The standard for LV 5 espers power messaurement is based on how much AC can profit from them. They are not ranked by how powerful they are"

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-06-15 at 06:22.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 03:41   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

Well Mikoto is still a moral person trying to save Mugino. Mugino doesn't want her help.

LOL At Mikoto thinking she died then Mugino starts shooting again.

Mugino doesn't want a rematch as she is extremely amused at Mikoto's start of darkness and hopes she gets more corrupted.

Which makes me question is Mikoto up that point the only sane Level 5?

Finally Touma~! If there is anything that can cheer Mikoto it is him.

Also good thing Touma hasn't met Mugino that will only have him screaming Fukoda!

He already has his hands full with Mikoto chasing him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 05:44   Link #31
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh, we've finally reached the point where the story intersects with Index. Interesting.

I never found any Railgun girl entertaining until Mugino showed up. Damn she's a hoot. Can't wait to see what she'll do next.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 05:52   Link #32
aichara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

In this ep. there are seemingly throw away lines spoken by Mugino that are actually important thing people should take a note.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5ieoxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZHS3ejY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PPWnZ5T.jpg

In other word:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I hope the lines will be delivered to the people who thinks that the ranking are based on how strong they are.

People need to know this!
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 05:59   Link #33
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well Mikoto is still a moral person trying to save Mugino. Mugino doesn't want her help.

LOL At Mikoto thinking she died then Mugino starts shooting again.

Mugino doesn't want a rematch as she is extremely amused at Mikoto's start of darkness and hopes she gets more corrupted.

Finally Touma~! If there is anything that can cheer Mikoto it is him.

Also good thing Touma hasn't met Mugino that will only have him screaming Fukoda!

He already has his hands full with Mikoto chasing him.
I don't really know much about the other level 5s, past the ones we've seen, but I'd go not with "sane", as pretty much all of them are, but "uncorrupted" by the Power. Most of them are walking military Battalions. That level of Power corrupts people, badly.

This is something of a side point, but it goes to the world that's been built. The most effective argument against Slavery isn't what it does to the slaves but what it does to the people that own, interact with or otherwise are over the slaves. (Reminder: slaves rarely have much of a say in their state of life nor the ability to change it) The power over the life of another human eats apart a person's moral being in ways few in the West really will ever interact with. It's horrific and evil in ways we actually shield our populace from understanding.

That point is important for dealing with the level 4s and 5s. Quite a number of them are "gods walking the Earth". They are that powerful and have little reason to view other humans as anything less than bugs to be trampled. Given the technology and array of skill sets available to the "dark side" of Academy City, it isn't any wonder they act the way they do. In many waysm the relatively amazing amount of personal control on the part of the level 5s is actually one of the single most "fantastical" aspects of the series. That type of Power without the concomitant Responsibility almost always leads to disastrous ends.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:03   Link #34
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I was thinking how much this episode evoked the "Voyage and Return" plot from Booker's Seven Basic Plots.

Mikoto voyages from a world of light and joy with her friends into the underworld, the dark side of Academy City, and then she returns after accomplishing her quest. It's just one of many reasons why I think the Sister's Arc is the strongest of all the Index/Railgun stories. It evokes the various basic plots and integrates them together so much better than the other plot arcs.

It is commented a few times that Mikoto is the only sane one of the level 5, and so she is often used for demonstrations and so forth. Essentially she's the pretty face that Academy City puts on for the rest of the world to hide the dark side. Which is one of the reasons Mugino resents Mikoto, as Mikoto (until discovering the Sister's project) didn't have to deal with the dark side the way the rest of the level 5s do.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:33   Link #35
Candyshark

Talk about awesome episode. I really enjoyed the cat and mouse game between Railgun and Meltdowner. Despite me being Mikoto fan and wanting her to show the crazy one that she is beat her on sheer power, I liked the fact Mugino was deated by wits showing that you dont need to be on their level to beat them. Her temper got best of her an she lost track of her surroundings. Which got me thinking if Kuroko had a chance against Mugino if the later didnt abuse the AIM Stalker.

ITEM made a strong entrance. I have to say despite being batshit crazy she seems more "likeable" than Accelerator few episodes back. I laughed hard when Mugino went "f'you i don't need your help".

After so much action some fluff with Uiharu and Saten would be welcome. But I can't wait to see how the plot story is going to continue.

On side note this season just pure gold. My biggest problem with Index/Railgun anime was it never really was clear to me what is even going on. This time around it is easy to follow without extra knowledge and keep the track on what is going on.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:47   Link #36
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Quote:
It is commented a few times that Mikoto is the only sane one of the level 5, and so she is often used for demonstrations and so forth.
Well that's what people say in story but Misaka isn't really that sane herself. She borderline stalks Touma after all which isn't exactly normal. She's the most sane certainly but there's a difference between 'most sane' and 'sane'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
"The standard for LV 5 espers power messaurement is based on how much AC can profit from them. They are not ranked by how powerful they are"
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-16 at 00:52. Reason: spoiler tag for comparison
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:56   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Holy Shift! That was another amazing episode!
The one on one fight between Mugino and Mikoto was bloody awesome!
The fight. The tension. The music. All awesome.
Kudos to Ami Koshimizu for making Mugino one scary pissed off bich.

Looks like Team ITEM is leaving Mikoto alone for now and hopes she becomes corrupt like them. (And Frenda's getting an electro spanking. lol!)

And finally, Touma appears!

Finally, great episode. 11 out of 10!
Old 2013-06-15, 09:06   Link #38
Hamster

What makes Mikoto think that the sisters will stop dying? Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that they will now be disposed of along with the trash?
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:25   Link #39
Kyouka
Is Here

i wish mugino had black panties on sigh instead of shorts
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:35   Link #40
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:
Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-16 at 00:52.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote