AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-29, 12:14   Link #21
deadite

Look at it this way, if Kumiko doesn't care anything about Shu, She wouldn't have held a grudge for him calling her ugly. Why does she care so much about what he thinks of her. She should know by now(being childhood friends) that Shu never really meant it yet she still can't get over it.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 12:18   Link #22
DustHalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
What moments? This still doesn't explain why KyoAni's been gutting the Shu and Kumiko scenes or took out Reina's non-confession for Taki. Even without bringing in the pink elephant in the room called social stigma, the possibility that the show would push something this heavily and then change its mind at the last minute is still pretty insulting on a pure storytelling level. Y'know, bad writing?

Yeah, I'm a yuri fan, but that only goes as far as my own fantasies. In an actual story, all bets are on something the critics like to call d-e-v-e-l-o-p-m-e-n-t. I don't need stripper goggles to see that Seichiro and Karen from X have stronger chemistry than Sorata and Arashi; I don't need straight goggles to see the bullshit Kannazuki no Miko pulled; I do need a consistent story, regardless of who has their heads buried in the ground.
I agree with all of this.

At this point, it's not really about having yuri-goggles or being mad about being baited once again (which I personally find a really silly thing to be mad about) or whatever it is the Kumiko/Shuichi supporters think the people who saw the possibility of Kumiko/Reina are getting all "riled up" about.

What everyone's been going on and on about isn't really about shipping. (Or, at least, that's not the impression I get from what I've read )

It's more about how KyoAni seems to have written themselves into a corner by cutting out scenes that develop the Kumiko/Shuichi relationship and adding much, much more emphasis on Kumiko/Reina.

Because when the moment for Kumiko and Shuichi to get together actually comes, it will seem very underwhelming development-wise. Especially when compared to Kumiko/Reina. It's not about there being or not being yuri, it's about the writing and presentation.

Hell, I'd even say that with Reina out of the picture, Kumiko/Shuichi still looks like a hell of a stretch to me. He's such a non-entity in the show that it's not even funny. Even this love-triangle thing seemed more about Hazuki's feelings and character development than an actual love triangle drama. Thematically, it was never about him and Kumiko. Or at least, that's how I read it.

I mean, when the people who are finding hints in the show for Kumiko/Shuichi -- the main couple -- look like they're the ones grasping at straws, when it's usually the other way around, things start to look pretty worrying.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I think that having a Kumiko/Shuichi ending would be bad writing. Just that, with the way things are now, it will require a lot of effort and Kumiko/Shuichi development for it to feel acceptable, let alone satisfying.

Last edited by DustHalls; 2015-05-29 at 15:26.
DustHalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 13:38   Link #23
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
What moments? This still doesn't explain why KyoAni's been gutting the Shu and Kumiko scenes
Still the scenes are clearly building up to it or else the crush from Hazuki would have been removed.

@deadite
Exactly.

Quote:
or took out Reina's non-confession for Taki.
This has yet to happen, so don't claim they took it out, this happens after the audition is over. And FYI Taki is the very reason why Reina rejected every other school, this is explained in the last part of vol.1 after a "yuri" scene happens where Reina says she loves the guy, and that she has known him for long, their parents are friends from their generation bands with the same roles btw. And vol.2 gets deeper in Taki's past and relationship with the Kousaka's.

Quote:
Even without bringing in the pink elephant in the room called social stigma, the possibility that the show would push something this heavily and then change its mind at the last minute is still pretty insulting on a pure storytelling level. Y'know, bad writing?
The love from Reina over Taki covers the last part of vol.1 and takes a good portion of volume 2.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a yuri fan, but that only goes as far as my own fantasies. In an actual story, all bets are on something the critics like to call d-e-v-e-l-o-p-m-e-n-t. I don't need stripper goggles to see that Seichiro and Karen from X have stronger chemistry than Sorata and Arashi; I don't need straight goggles to see the bullshit Kannazuki no Miko pulled; I do need a consistent story, regardless of who has their heads buried in the ground.
Nah, that's called bias.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 20:22   Link #24
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Still the scenes are clearly building up to it or else the crush from Hazuki would have been removed.
Removing 5 from 5 + 2 and replacing it with 4 doesn't give a sum of 7.
Quote:
This has yet to happen, so don't claim they took it out, this happens after the audition is over. And FYI Taki is the very reason why Reina rejected every other school, this is explained in the last part of vol.1 after a "yuri" scene happens where Reina says she loves the guy, and that she has known him for long, their parents are friends from their generation bands with the same roles btw. And vol.2 gets deeper in Taki's past and relationship with the Kousaka's.
I heard Reina had something like this before the fact.
Quote:
Nah, that's called bias.
Demanding consistency =/= bias. Differentiate please.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 21:12   Link #25
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Removing 5 from 5 + 2 and replacing it with 4 doesn't give a sum of 7.
They can remove some scenes but the key scenes(the ones that lead to that development) are the ones that remained and got adapted to the anime.

Quote:
I heard Reina had something like this before the fact.
Rumors, unconfirmed spoilers that you must have heard of.

Quote:
Demanding consistency =/= bias. Differentiate please.
Tell that about Hazuki then.
Old 2015-05-29, 21:21   Link #26
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
They can remove some scenes but the key scenes(the ones that lead to that development) are the ones that remained and got adapted to the anime.
And KyoAni's writing themselves into a corner for Kumiko and Reina at this point.
Quote:
Rumors, unconfirmed spoilers that you must have heard of.
We're supposed to believe these fragments lead to Kumiko and Shuichi why.
Quote:
Tell that about Hazuki then.
She hasn't lived up to her cover girl status, but I guess my math point didn't reach you.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-29, 21:33   Link #27
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
And KyoAni's writing themselves into a corner for Kumiko and Reina at this point.
Well, that's your opinion, the only ones who got extra screen time were Reina, Midori and Hazuki.

Quote:
We're supposed to believe these fragments lead to Kumiko and Shuichi why.
Because even novels "baits" but right after any "yuri" scene the author throws romantic development involving the 2 main interests(males).

Quote:
She hasn't lived up to her cover girl status, but I guess my math point didn't reach you.
Because she isn't. She is just a secondary Kyoani gave more screen time. Just that.
_______

Whatever you want to believe fine, but I don't see Kyoani strying away from the novel seeing how they're adapting things so far.
Old 2015-05-29, 21:38   Link #28
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Well, that's your opinion, the only ones who got extra screen time were Midori and Hazuki.
That's not my opinion, it's somebody else's.

Wait let me check again.

Yes, that is definitely my opinion.
Quote:
Because even novels "baits" but right after any "yuri" scene they throw romantic development involving the 2 main interests(males).
And no development was seen in the anime after several b8s m8.
Quote:
Because she isn't. She is just a secondary Kyoani gave more screen time. Just that.
_______

Whatever you want to believe fine, but I don't see Kyoani strying away from the novel seeing how they're adapting things so far.
I'm saying Kumiko and Shu at this point would be an insult to viewer intelligence. I also looked for the Shuichi and Taki development after every 'tease' but alas I had better luck finding Waldo.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-29, 21:46   Link #29
Birdway
Banned

Do I need to repeat myself that anime is covering just vol.1, don't I?
First, it's a shoujo, it even comes with the typical cliches regarding shojo romance, girl loving an older guy, guy with ultra tragic past that needs some healing, another girl who is butthurt oversomeone who called her ugly once, another guy who is chasing after a girl no matter what, etc.

The development is just slow as shoujo demands it to be, for example at the end of the third novel Kumiko hooks up with Shuichi, the third novel! And at the end of the novels which is the fourth, both are officially dating and telling the other "I love you" without feeling awkward or embarrased about it.
Old 2015-05-29, 21:53   Link #30
Akito Kinomoto

You just said after every yuri 'scene' in the novel, the Shuichi and Taki development happens. So where is this in the show? Why even give Hazuki and Midori more screentime in the first place?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-29, 22:00   Link #31
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
You just said after every yuri 'scene' in the novel, the Shuichi and Taki development happens. So where is this in the show?
I say "yuri" because without context it might bait people looking for yuri.

For example, one is the montain from the last episode(Reina touched Kumiko cheek, tha anime added the lip but the overall scene was the same).
Reina: After the drama regarding her winning the audition, which implies the third year girl being kicked out from the trumpet team and her annoying kouhais ganging on her Reina this happens.
Kumiko: Immdfm, it hapens around the same time when she has a ptsd regarding her previous school, then comes Hazuki and talk about what happened during the festival.

Quote:
Why even give Hazuki and Midori more screentime in the first place?
Ever heard of 4 girls ensemble? Kyaoni has a thing for this, specially when Yamada works with them, for example the Hazuki episode didn't exist in the novels, as well as the scene when Reina talked with Kumiko behind a school building.
Old 2015-05-29, 22:05   Link #32
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
I say "yuri" because without context it might bait people looking for yuri.

For example, one is the montain from the last episode(Reina touched Kumiko cheek, tha anime added the lip but the overall scene was the same).
Reina: After the drama regarding her winning the audition, which implies the third year girl being kicked out from the trumpet team and her annoying kouhais ganging on her Reina this happens.
Kumiko: Immdfm, it hapens around the same time when she has a ptsd regarding her previous school, then comes Hazuki and talk about what happened during the festival.
I know what the 'airquotes' mean. I'm asking where the Shuichi and Taki moments are after every 'yuri' scene in the anime.
Quote:
Ever heard of 4 girls ensemble? Kyaoni has a thing for this, specially when Yamada works with them, for example the Hazuki episode didn't exist in the novels, as well as the scene when Reina talked with Kumiko behind a school building.
yes, i herd. But I think you're missing my point about the creative liberties they've taken already.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-29, 22:11   Link #33
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
I know what the 'airquotes' mean. I'm asking where the Shuichi and Taki moments are after every 'yuri' scene in the anime.
Gonna happen later. About in 2 episodes.

Quote:
yes, i herd. But I think you're missing my point about the creative liberties they've taken already.
Nothing they added contradicts nor diminishes what the series is building up to. That's my point.
Old 2015-05-29, 22:14   Link #34
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Gonna happen later. About in 2 episodes.
You said the anime left in the development that was necessary, then said after every 'yuri' moment Shu and Taki get developed. Uhhh...
Quote:
Nothing they added contradicts nor diminishes what the series is building up to. That's my point.
No, I'm saying that is an awful lot of Reina and Kumiko without the Shuichi and Taki balance that you said was there.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-29, 22:17   Link #35
Birdway
Banned

I think you have a different view of about the development I talk about. What is gonna happen later is the result of that.

Isn't about "balance" but relevance and how you interpret the scenes(remember when Reina said she liked "older and classy"? Guess what/who was she talking about? Hint: not Kumiko).

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
How strange Kumiko only became interested music and to play an instrument thanks to Shuuichi.
Kumiko by way of Shuuichi playing his instrument,
from this moment she fell in love with music and decided to play an instrument.
It was thanks to Shuuichi that Kumiko joined the music and took taste for it.
Kumiko and Shuuichi, played every day together in Shuuichi home.
About what happened During the recital, was Reina who made the mistake, But instead of recognizing his mistake and apologize to other members, Reina chose the easier way, she simply threw all the blame on Kumiko.
Reina always envied and felt jealous of Kumiko, because Kumiko was a cheerful girl, happy, full of friends, and people liked it, while Reina was arrogant, thought only of themselves, which was better than the others, due to such attitudes she always ended up alone.
Funny that this actually happened in Aldnoah.Zero, where Slaine spent the whole anime committing mistake and doing stupid things, thanks to their mistakes and estupides his beloved princessa was eventually shot and getting in a coma, he simply did not recognize his mistake, motivated by jealousy and envy shot Inaho wounded on the ground.
It is always easier to blame others for their mistakes, especially those that you feel envy and jealousy than recognize their own mistakes
I wanted to have a these muse, who errs and places the blame on someone else, just because have envy and jealousy.
Again the same mistakes characters judging by its cover, not the content.
And as custumes the yuri fans attacking and reducing the male character who has interrese the female protagonist, and fantasizing pseudo novels with another female character. Such comments were seen compared to Tusk and Mochizou that were crussificados on behalf of delusions and false relationships with Salia, Hilda and Midori respectively on and Ange and Tamako clearly had no interest in women.
The people are criticized for not liking shoujo-ai yuri, often called homophobic.
But is a lack of respect for people relationships.
do not like such genres, especially in anime that is not mentioned shoujo-ai or yuri, read such comments when these genres are not mentioned in the anime the protagonist never have such interresses and these kind of relationships .

We can wait for movie just like there was with Tamako had Tamako Love Story.
Hibike! Euphonium Love Story that will tell the love story of Kumiko and Shuuichi, and finally show what the anime cut, especially the part where Kumiko falls in love with the music to see Shuuichi playing an instrument, and the two playing together in their childhood. I hope to show the part that during the recital Reina makes a mistake, which led them to lose in the qualifying because the anime only showed Reina blaming Kumiko when it was Reina who erred.

Last edited by Birdway; 2015-05-30 at 20:06.
Old 2015-05-29, 22:19   Link #36
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
I think you have a different view of about the delopment I talk about. What is gonna happen later is the result of that.

Isn't about "balance" but relevance and how you interpret the scenes(remember when Reina said she liked "older and classy"? Guess what was she talking about? Hint: not Kumiko).
I think I want to know why the Shuichi and Taki moments were gutted in the first place. 'They were developed after every tease,' your words, not mine. Btw, remember Reina's confession of love?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2015-05-30, 00:31   Link #37
Kamieichi

Quote:
I think I want to know why the Shuichi and Taki moments were gutted in the first place. 'They were developed after every tease,' your words, not mine.
As for Shuichi, I don't really want to say this cause it helps those who believe Yuri ending but yes, I feel that while in the novel Kumiko's feeling toward to Shuichi is (or Kumiko and Shuichi's relationship is) halfway between freind zone and lover zone form the beginning of the story, in the anime it is just friend zone.
But I also feel that anime staff want to emphasize the Kumiko's non-awareness of the feeling caused by the closeness of the two, which is mentioned in the novel. Also I suspect that anime staff was afraid Japanese Otakus, especially those who don't like the fact MC (Kumiko) has a romantic interest, would drop the anime early and that's why they changed the Kumiko's feeling (attitude is more appropriate word, I guess) toward Shuichi.

As for Taki, there aren't anything gutted about him until now.

Quote:
Btw, remember Reina's confession of love?
Yeah well, it is in the novel too though.

Anyway Kumiko and Shuichi start dating in the novel. This is the fact. And we will know whether the anime follow the same or not later on. So why don't you guys wait until then.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 20:16   Link #38
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
I think I want to know why the Shuichi and Taki moments were gutted in the first place. 'They were developed after every tease,' your words, not mine. Btw, remember Reina's confession of love?

It's official, is a summary of Shuuchi and Kumiko relationship that occurs in vol.3
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-05-30 at 21:04.
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 21:27   Link #39
Birdway
Banned

Proper translation to your page:

Quote:
...but also refusing to turn down her offer of kindness, Shuuichi reluctantly wrapped it around his neck. Whether or not it was from Kumiko's own body heat, its fabric had roughly felt warm to the touch.

"It suits you."

She laughed in a somewhat curious way, and then suddenly placed her hand on his shoulder. Pressed against such force, Shuuichi spontaneously tilted his body towards Kumiko. The lifting of her heels had playfully come into sight. Kumiko stood tip-toed and she held her hand close to his ear, with her lips following suit. This froze Shuuich's body in place, even while his heart was bouncing -- with Kumiko ever so close to him, Shuuichi found her presence difficult to ignore.

Kumiko's voice had flowed, with the sigh of her breath tickling his ears, and the sweet fragrance of her shampoo striking his nose. Shuuchi did not move, but he was absolutely certain of the words she had just imparted to him.

"I like you too, Shuuichi."
Old 2015-06-01, 10:54   Link #40
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Proper translation to your page:
thank you

Here we have all the hard evidence.

Vol.3:

First review: あすか先輩が人の温もりを手に入れた♪…全国大会を控えて盛り上がる北宇治高校の吹部は波乱が待っていた! …相変わらすコンクールの舞台での緊張感の描写がいいですね~。読んでるこっちまでドキドキしてしまいます 。今回の主役はあすか先輩だよね?久美子も三部作通して最大の見せ場があったけど…あすか先輩が全部持って 行ってしまった…ラストに タイトルが出てくることよりも秀一と付き合うことにしたんだいうことに驚き

Second review: 2巻から1カ月で出たのでアニメ化に間に合わせたのかな?って思ったけれど満足した!!ついに全国大会前で 三年にとっては受験と重なって大変な時期。超人なあすか先輩の人間らしい感じ、そして周りの先輩たちの思い も見えました。今回はあすか先輩の存在の大きさがとても伝わる。  今まであまり語られなかった滝先生の事も語られてます。そして思わない形で麗奈ちゃんは思いを告げられた …グッ!  久美子と秀一は予想はしていたけれど幼馴染→恋人 になってました。とりあえず一区切り。これで完結なのかな

Confirmation Shuichi and Kumiko are dating.

Volume 4 summary (short stories happening between Volume 1 and Volume 3)

十四 とある冬の日

秀一が久美子に告白するお話で、
最後の短編という事もあって、この巻一番の見所かと。

3年卒業時には既に付き合ってる状況だったみたいですし、
この告白で彼氏、彼女になったという理解で良いんでしょうかね。

Generally people are happy with their relationship
久美子と秀一の関係に進展があったことに安堵しました。

confession:

If we were to take seriously the delirium of yuri fans, Yuigahama and Yukinoshita (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.) would be a couple because Yuigahama lives hugging and showing affection for Yukinoshita, more is just a way of expressing affection and friendship.
is regrettable plus yuri fans do not know differentiate yuri of friendship, turnsfind that any of demonstration affection and affection between same sex, they already tranformam in a loving relationship seriously.
That overnight a normal girl turns lesbian if by magic.

Last edited by Hidetoshi Nakata; 2015-06-01 at 13:23.
Hidetoshi Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music