AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-06, 18:37   Link #21
Flere821
Lurker

Minor addition to the reposted info above:
Spoiler for Vol13:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 18:39   Link #22
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Minor addition to the reposted info above:
Spoiler for Vol13:
I checked. Minoru is a guy's name. So a cross-dressing guy? Disgusting.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 18:46   Link #23
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
You do know the definition of a 'trap' is "guy looks like a girl", right? It doesn't necessarily mean crossdressing
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 18:47   Link #24
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You do know the definition of a 'trap' is "guy looks like a girl", right? It doesn't necessarily mean crossdressing
Oh. If that's the case, then it's all good.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:24   Link #25
nosaer

Don't let him fool you. Traps almost always look and dress like girls with no boobs
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:25   Link #26
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
...........finally Ayase Miyuki will get her happy ending?
ahaha Yes. Yes she just might.

I really want Miyuki's reaction to this child.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:46   Link #27
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
if so he will be a good friend of kuroba fumiya ,
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:48   Link #28
Yye1
Wide Right

I am just going to say this, no matter what happens, I will support Mayumi X Tatsuya, hope she appears in this volume in some capacity

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 21:49   Link #29
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Itsuwa Mio is the only one said to have a weak body, Hirofumi is fine. We don't know why Minoru's body is weak but it's most likely because he is born from a incestuous relationship. If the spoilers are true...
Not necessarily. The novels have also made a point to hint that magicians who overuse their magic or who have really powerful magics end up weakening their bodies.

Itsuwa, Shiba Miya and her father (and probably that entire generation of Shibas), and Sakurai (the one that died).

Quote:
Diseases are less likely to happen for cousins but the risk is higher at each generation. For example, let's say Tatsuya and Ayako have a child and he is perfectly fine, the grandchild will have more chances to get a disease.
Only if the child of Tatsuya and Ayako decided to breed with another close family member. Otherwise, the odds are not meaningfully different.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 02:52   Link #30
larethian

I just read chapter 0. Seems like I've to come save the day a little.

Spoilers
Spoiler for chapter 0 of v13: Steeplechase Chapter
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
These are not rumors. As chapter 0 and part of chapter 1 are available for preview.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:01   Link #31
pampz21
ShipCore

Yesss...ty Larethian
Didnt plan to belived it till is confirm but; talk about a guy breed just to become a head.

Wait thats wierd...so it isnt incest because his sister married a guy from fujibayashi(kudou's cousins) and a tube baby.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:10   Link #32
whitecloud

just for brahaha....the guys name is MAKOTO, what do you expect...?
Old 2014-04-07, 04:28   Link #33
niffum

Thank you for the spoilers larethian

It's interesting that the Kudou went that route with Minoru given that it's been established in-universe that test-tube babies have short life-spans and aren't really a viable way to ensure a family's long-term standing. Just how much genetic modification went into creating Minoru to ensure that he survived this long? For that matter, I wonder if he was the only attempt at creating a magician from Kudou Retsu's children and just how much Kudou Retsu knew about the whole thing. Maybe I'm overthinking it given that genetic manipulation isn't so rare in Mahouka, but the Kudou are coming across as really sinister with this.

And no wonder Fujibayashi doesn't like to hear about magicians being engineered with that family history. Ouch.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 05:28   Link #34
Diocar

Just a thing that i don t understand. Besides the race with obstacles what is the diference between this 9sc and the previous one?
If the rest is the same as the previous year it would be kind of boring to read because the important participants are the same... And as this year there aren t terrorists is the 9sc just 1 vol?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:00   Link #35
Chris38

I think that the main difference between the current year competition and the previous one ... is the fact that the committee and other schools are aware of the existence of Tatsuya and had some time to do some preparations in order to force him to show a little more of his actual capabilities.

Not to mention, I think that the author is going to use the current competition to do some character developments for the new characters that are going to be important in the siblings second year at school, so I think that we will have some less focus on the previously introduced characters that already competed in the last years completion.

Finally, volume 13 hasn't been even released yet and I doubt that the author would reveal all the details about how the current year, 9 schools competition is going to look like, before the Japanese would even have a chance to buy the latest novel volume.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:45   Link #36
larethian

For the record, Retsu was against Makoto's idea but couldn't stop him.
And yes, 9sc is presumably only 1 volume. At the very least, the arc, Steeplechase has only 1 volume.
Pretty obvious from the cover that our Double 7 sisters are going to be in the Steeplechase event.

EDIT: seems like I might be wrong. There are actually 3 new events. It might be possible for 9sc to get more than volume focusing on the other 2 events. Hard to predict now though. Also on closer look, the other girl doesn't resemble Izumi. But then again, it might be overkill to have 2 volumes for just 3 new events.

Last edited by larethian; 2014-04-07 at 07:14.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:14   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

Moar Fujibayashi is quite welcome over here ... with the current Saegusa-laced intrigue, this would most likely also lead to Mayumi interaction, which is perfectly fine with me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:14   Link #38
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
And yes, 9sc is presumably only 1 volume. At the very least, the arc, Steeplechase has only 1 volume.
Pretty obvious from the cover that our Double 7 sisters are going to be in the Steeplechase event.

EDIT: seems like I might be wrong. There are actually 3 new events. It might be possible for 9sc to get more than volume focusing on the other 2 events. Hard to predict now though. Also on closer look, the other girl doesn't resemble Izumi.
blame science since you no longer need sex to have children
even one man and two woman can have one child
(one kid with two mothers and one father)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:36   Link #39
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Moar Fujibayashi is quite welcome over here ... with the current Saegusa-laced intrigue, this would most likely also lead to Mayumi interaction, which is perfectly fine with me.
Agreed. Another thing I like about Mahouka is that I care about most of the secondary characters as well as the mains.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:52   Link #40
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

EDIT: seems like I might be wrong. There are actually 3 new events. It might be possible for 9sc to get more than volume focusing on the other 2 events. Hard to predict now though. Also on closer look, the other girl doesn't resemble Izumi. But then again, it might be overkill to have 2 volumes for just 3 new events.
Do I take that as Steeplechase isnt a gender restricted event; or is it a couples event?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote