AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-04, 12:35   Link #21
Frontier

So this is basically the Fruit of Evolution but Serious with a dash of Lookism...only the main character can go to and from the Isekai world and the real world like their a comic book Superhero with a secret identity .

I assume what sets about Akarin's character from the other girls, and why she's the Main Heroine, is that she knew and liked Yuuya before his makeover because he tried to protect her. Like I assume she was planning to recruit him to her school even before she saw he was a hottie .

(Shouldn't the police have held Yuuya back so he could file a report about the assault ?).

The Opening is a pretty dynamic and action-heavy one, showing Yuuya in both of his different lives. Knowing the genre and Matsuoka as the MC, I can only imagine how many of the girls will fall for Yuuya .

It takes a really scummy family to basically shun one child for not being as good looking as his siblings and then disown him when the grandfather leaves him everything. At least Yuuya's grandfather saw the potential in him and actually cared about him, which was the one good thing Yuuya had in his life .

Ugh. The bullies and siblings are the worse. The bullies for being, well, bullies and making him lose his job but his siblings are a special kind of terrible for enjoying watching Yuuya get beat up .

So is the Sage his grandfather? Why else would he have a door that leads straight into the house ?

Ah yes, typical OP experience. Convenient skills and weapons out the whazzoo !

Nothing says how much your life has changed like a rich girl basically recruiting you to your school .

The ED is pretty simple with all the parallel shots of the casts from two worlds, but it's effective in that respect too .
Old 2023-04-04, 12:42   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What the hell is the point of starting him off as a ugly fat guy when he just converts into a hot guy anyway. If its just for other ugly fat people to self-insert, its just really annoying to me.
I dunno, I kinda like the 'fatty to ikemen' trope and anything is better than "average Japanese high school student" at this point.

Anyway his body might have leveled up but his self esteem clearly hasn't, which is how the trope tends to go. So I guess the short answer is "because harem".
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-04, 13:58   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
*listens to first 2 mins

ugh... Matsuoka AGAIN??? Come on...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-04, 15:02   Link #24
magnuskn

Ehh, okay. I guess this deserves a second or third episode, but so far pretty a rote story, with an added dash of terrible classmates and siblings. I kinda hope this doesn't turn into a revenge fantasy.
Old 2023-04-04, 15:35   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
*listens to first 2 mins

ugh... Matsuoka AGAIN??? Come on...
How I imagine this went:

Agent: So I have this new Light Novel adaption role that I think you'd be a great fit for.

Matsuoka: Well, you see I've been trying to do different roles and diversify my portfolio...

Agent: (Presents the amount of money he would make off of said role)

Matsuoka (Sigh) How many women want to get into my pants this time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ehh, okay. I guess this deserves a second or third episode, but so far pretty a rote story, with an added dash of terrible classmates and siblings. I kinda hope this doesn't turn into a revenge fantasy.
Yuuya doesn't seem like the type to be into a revenge fantasy. His whole ethos from his grandfather is to treat people with kindness.
Old 2023-04-04, 21:46   Link #26
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So this is basically the Fruit of Evolution but Serious with a dash of Lookism...only the main character can go to and from the Isekai world and the real world like their a comic book Superhero with a secret identity .
After all, the same author of Fruit of Evolution also writes Cheat Skill in Another World. The big difference is the main heroine of this story doesn't have tusks sticking out her mouth. Both stories are about a underdog turning into an alpha male. Although Fruit of Evolution is more overpowered, This story may be more outrageous than Fruit of Evolution, but the Mary Sue factor may be more disturbing in this show.
Spoiler for ranting:

Last edited by scififan; 2023-04-04 at 22:02.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-05, 23:20   Link #27
Strahan

This author really has a thing for fat and ugly to hot and handsome, lol. This seems better than Shinka no Mi at least. That one just got too silly.

At first I rolled my eyes when he went through the door and seemed to acclimate to having UI displays floating in the air rather fast, but then I figured well I'd rather have that than waste too much time on incredulity heh. We already are well versed in the isekai setups, so it's nice to just move it along and get on with it.

When he ran to the bathroom and was shocked at his change, that was a real eye roll moment. Yea, he may have broken the mirror at home but how in God's name would he not have realized the massive changes in his physique?? You can see your own body without a mirror you know, lol. Plus I can tell the difference when I'm not eating well and I put on 5-10 pounds; my knees hurt more, my back hurts and I feel like I have no energy. To make a change like he did, there is no freaking way he couldn't have realized the massive alterations to his body.

It's also pretty dumb the way they handled the siblings. The author is just trying too hard to make them scummy a-holes. "You're stupid and have zero aptitude for athletics". Err... is she blind? I get she's trying to tear him down regardless, but how can you look at his build and get that line out with a straight face? lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-06, 09:05   Link #28
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
When he ran to the bathroom and was shocked at his change, that was a real eye roll moment. Yea, he may have broken the mirror at home but how in God's name would he not have realized the massive changes in his physique?? You can see your own body without a mirror you know, lol. Plus I can tell the difference when I'm not eating well and I put on 5-10 pounds; my knees hurt more, my back hurts and I feel like I have no energy. To make a change like he did, there is no freaking way he couldn't have realized the massive alterations to his body.
In fairness body dysmorphia is a very real thing for people who lose a lot of weight. I lost a ton of weight at around 17 myself and it took years to really internalize.
Old 2023-04-06, 09:24   Link #29
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
In fairness body dysmorphia is a very real thing for people who lose a lot of weight. I lost a ton of weight at around 17 myself and it took years to really internalize.
And that happened over a period of time not all in one night. So he saw himself as a taller, thinner, ugly guy until he actually looked at himself in the mirror.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-06, 12:00   Link #30
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
And that happened over a period of time not all in one night. So he saw himself as a taller, thinner, ugly guy until he actually looked at himself in the mirror.
Time is kind of irrelevant in the whole equation but Japanese spring break is kind of long as is plus he graduated so he went something like 2-3 weeks without really looking in a mirror.
Old 2023-04-06, 19:50   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm going to presume the Grandfather is the Sage. Although in that case it seems odd that he didn't leave the note directly to Yuuya. Who else did he think was going to stumble upon that place? Plus what kind of karma system did the Grandfather believe in that would leave to Yuuya stumbling into a secret room?

Of course if the Grandfather is the Sage...wow he had terrible tastes. He presumably had all the benefits that Yuuya will have but managed to raise some truly awful children that led to mostly awful grandchildren. Writing them all out of his will was a good step. But pretty sad that he died knowing only one grandchild was a half decent human being among all his children/grandchildren. That's a bit depressing.

Either way...total win for him. Gets a mountain of end game super weapons, stupidly OP food growing there, and frankly has infinite money because he can farm anything that walks near his place.

Will give it to the show. It definitely does all it can to make this OP stuff feel justified. That this kid's life was so utterly horrific that this is actually pretty fair. The one downside is that it makes it seem like 90% of all people are evil! Outside of that one nice girl it seems like everyone in the world just sucks.
Old 2023-04-07, 00:51   Link #32
magnuskn

Yeah, definitely playing the psychotic bullies out of a 80's movie cliché very straight. ^^
Old 2023-04-07, 02:33   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

Semi-interested in the school shenanigans that may ensue. The 'other world' stuff was boring except for the one monster he turned into a pudding dessert. No show, I'm not reading 100 pop up texts for abilities or whatever.
Old 2023-04-07, 09:13   Link #34
Frontier

Part of what I find amusing is we have Kirito basically being Haruyuki from Accel World only to become Kirito again .
Old 2023-04-07, 11:32   Link #35
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
This. I certainly do not doubt the body dysmorphia at all. But we aren't talking a normal transformation. There is no way one can go from obese to ripped in six weeks. At least, not without surgery or isekai magic lol. I am obese and out of shape and if I woke up tomorrow with a build like Swayze in Roadhouse and also finding myself several inches taller, I would not need a mirror to realize that

I'd know immediately. People who aren't fat may not understand how that weight really bears down on us. My back and knees would immediately notice it I'm sure, and the lightness of body would be super noticeable. I dunno how to describe it, but I can tell my mass when I walk around. I just feel heavy and sluggish.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-07, 12:22   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd sum this up as Peter Parker suddenly becoming ripped after the spider bite and somehow not noticing for weeks.

On some level I get it. Being sick of looking at himself he normally wouldn't be eager to check out a mirror. But I think after waking up (after an intensely painful night of his body being restructured) and finding himself ripped, that he would at least be curious enough to check things out. Plus it's not like he didn't interact with anyone during that time. He had to go and get a new uniform for himself. I feel like he'd notice different reactions. Especially in a world where apparently most people are absolute scumbags.

But I get it. They threw some logic out the window for the sake of a reveal. Wanted the character to notice near the end of the episode and at school instead of at home or at the tailor's shop. Is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, definitely playing the psychotic bullies out of a 80's movie cliché very straight. ^^
Honestly I was trying to find the right way to say it, but this does sum it up perfectly .
Old 2023-04-08, 15:33   Link #37
Lex79

The guy looked at his new six pack when he woke up and noticed his old clothes were way too large, so I'm assuming that the big surprise was how different his face looked rather than him not being fat.
Anyway, seems nice so far, I just hope it won't take too long before he starts to be more confident.
Old 2023-04-10, 18:29   Link #38
Frontier

Things are already looking up for Yuuya! Rich girl voiced by Akarin just shows up out of the blue, tells off his scummy siblings, and recruits him to go to school along with her cool female butler! She even makes a classy joke about his new physique .

I'm concerned about what the siblings might do next now that Yuuya managed to one-up them...also why were the bullies smiling? Did they enjoy the show ?

How many dads is Kosuke Toriumi going to play this season ?

Yuuya's got the busty, lively, popular teacher! And all that anxiety and concern about his class and all the girls think he's hot and Jun Fukuyama sees him as a rival for most handsome boy .

They even gave Yuuya the main character seat next to a cool beauty voiced by Shizuka Ishigami !

Yuuya has found his people! Nice guy Ryou and successful Otaku Shingo! As if this show wasn't flexing it's VA budget enough they've got Nobuhiko Okamoto and Ayumu Murase as the best friend characters .

I mean, I'm not surprised Yuuya decided to go the school. I wish I could go there .

Yuuya and Kaori out on a date! And they're even exchanging mutual indirect kisses! They're so cute together everybody around them just finds them adorable .

Yuuya has his armor and is now suddenly CG, though he's reached the adventuring Isekai staple of saving a pretty damsel in distress on his first foray from the house! Looks like he's about to get close to the citizens of this world and he's already saved a pretty important lady by the looks of it .
Old 2023-04-10, 21:47   Link #39
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

They skipped quite a lot of stuff where his cheat also affected him in the real world.
Spoiler for maybe or maybe not get added later:
He also got bullied for just a bit by a teacher in his now old school coz everyone is a scumbag everywhere except the new school. Yuuya also gained some smarts in his cheat which made him answer properly. He also got ordered to carry big boxes as punishment for being cheeky in the class but he lifted them like nothing.
All we're seeing so far in the real world is that everyone is just mesmerized by his looks while it should also be for his cheat carrying over in the real world(like the English title says).

A rush job for an anime advertisement of an LN adaptation as always I guess.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 21:55   Link #40
grecefar

it seems that looks are everything in this anime.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, isekai