3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-02, 18:49   Link #21
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I will just say that thats the problem of re ordering. Many things are missed, some may look weird and out of place or even forced, meanwhile in the original source some details a situation make things look good and fluid.
Honetly, even if I were an anime original viewer, I will find the conclusion of Akeno problem really stupid, the same for the thing with Loki and Fenrir.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:28   Link #22
ImperialFlameGod8190

Its rare that an episode that could've been so good was done so absolutely terribly. To be honest people are saying this episode had a pacing problem that is wrong. The problem is the execution of nearly every key event in this episode loses impact because of the previous few episodes. The end of the Loki battle was awful in every way from the way Issei recovered (which we knew it would). To Arthur and Kuroka's entrance and quick exit. Then as it progressed it got in truth far worse. the homework thing seemed pointless other then to introduce the thought about Issei and "boob-reading" which seemed forced. The fact that one minute Rias seems to be denying the date and the next their about to date just seems poorly done. O btw there is now literally no good reason to have a RG between Rias and Sona other then for the sake of having one. The spying isnt even clever the fact that they're in front of them is just plain weak. By the way lets not even get into the fact that they butchered Issei and Akeno's love hotel moment and the ending of her strife with her father. This was a culmination of what bugged me about the first few because the scenes that they needed to happen no longer had the oompf that they could've had.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 19:32   Link #23
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Its rare that an episode that could've been so good was done so absolutely terribly. To be honest people are saying this episode had a pacing problem that is wrong. The problem is the execution of nearly every key event in this episode loses impact because of the previous few episodes. The end of the Loki battle was awful in every way from the way Issei recovered (which we knew it would). To Arthur and Kuroka's entrance and quick exit. Then as it progressed it got in truth far worse. the homework thing seemed pointless other then to introduce the thought about Issei and "boob-reading" which seemed forced. The fact that one minute Rias seems to be denying the date and the next their about to date just seems poorly done. O btw there is now literally no good reason to have a RG between Rias and Sona other then for the sake of having one. The spying isnt even clever the fact that they're in front of them is just plain weak. By the way lets not even get into the fact that they butchered Issei and Akeno's love hotel moment and the ending of her strife with her father. This was a culmination of what bugged me about the first few because the scenes that they needed to happen no longer had the oompf that they could've had.
This, I was being nice in my comment, but this is what trully happened.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:38   Link #24
Malicre

Starting to worry about the whole JD / diodora fight now.....
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 19:48   Link #25
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
This, I was being nice in my comment, but this is what trully happened.
There's nobody on these forums whose better then me at telling it like it is. Even when i probably shouldnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Starting to worry about the whole JD / diodora fight now.....
Trust me that scared me also

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-05-02, 20:03   Link #26
Hanny King

Well the changes are done since Ishibumi said Vol. 6 will be adapted faithfully (+ some minor changes with final Loki fight). It had to happen with Vol. 8 being a side story Volume and 9 & 10 connecting with each other. At least it didn't go full on anime original like most other adaptations go.

Also these are the cons of working with a lower tier anime studio. Yes, the pro is you will be getting more seasons if the anime sells, but they have to work within their means as well. We all knew something was going to get cut if you try to cram 3 LN worth into a 1-cour Season. Hopefully things will pick up from here.
Hanny King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:06   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... this is going to be the ZnT forum all over again this season...
Old 2015-05-02, 20:09   Link #28
The Green One

*sigh* Never gets old does it? Any difference at all is apparently justification for torches and pitchforks. Can't even enjoy a different spin on a story. It's not like the novel is suddenly going to change itself to match the anime.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:14   Link #29
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
*sigh* Never gets old does it? Any difference at all is apparently justification for torches and pitchforks. Can't even enjoy a different spin on a story. It's not like the novel is suddenly going to change itself to match the anime.
You are missing our complaint. the changes in and of themselves arent the issue. The issue is how the changes affect the overall flow of the story. if you look at Season 3 so far its biggest weaknesses are the things that made Season 1 and 2 so good. At least in my opinion and the opinion of the others in the forum.

Old 2015-05-02, 20:16   Link #30
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I enjoy it, at least some scenes, but that wont change the fact that the connection between scenes and the solution to every problems was done really bad and felt really forced. Im not being a hater, but neither will I act like this was your average good.
Old 2015-05-02, 20:19   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's not that we're missing the complaint, it's that we don't want another forum overtaken by source-readers and translators who are just constantly upset that the adaptation wasn't completely to their liking. The last time I saw that happen, they made sure to ostracize pretty much anyone who started with the anime.
Old 2015-05-02, 20:24   Link #32
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's not that we're missing the complaint, it's that we don't want another forum overtaken by source-readers and translators who are just constantly upset that the adaptation wasn't completely to their liking. The last time I saw that happen, they made sure to ostracize pretty much anyone who started with the anime.
The problem is that most of us are upset BECAUSE we know the original source. The fact is we got where we were because they followed the source extremely faithfully and that faithfullness is one of the great things about this adaptation. The fight between people who know the source and those who dont are a constant struggle within every anime ESPECIALLY with harems. In fact most harems fail miserably because the adaptation fails to connect with the original source. if you remember the big 4 from last season one Universal complaint within them was poor use of the source material.

Old 2015-05-02, 20:34   Link #33
Chichiryuushintei

Except for two certain things that still haven't happened, I don't like Volume 7 all that much. Volume 6 was confirmed by the author to be adapted faithfully, so I'm still happy with how the Season is going. It's not like they are fucking the story up to a point they can't continue from Volume 9 and go further in a Season 4, so I'm still not mad.

Volume 5's RG probably won't happen, but 90% of the development that came with it was done, so it's fine for me if they don't do it. It could be worse. A LOT worse.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:37   Link #34
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

So with that being said, it's pretty funny how DxD can deviate from the source and still be superior to almost every harem/ecchi series.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:48   Link #35
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
So with that being said, it's pretty funny how DxD can deviate from the source and still be superior to almost every harem/ecchi series.
Mixing a bunch of mythologies in one world makes it easier than it seems. lol
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 20:49   Link #36
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The problem is that most of us are upset BECAUSE we know the original source. The fact is we got where we were because they followed the source extremely faithfully and that faithfullness is one of the great things about this adaptation. The fight between people who know the source and those who dont are a constant struggle within every anime ESPECIALLY with harems. In fact most harems fail miserably because the adaptation fails to connect with the original source. if you remember the big 4 from last season one Universal complaint within them was poor use of the source material.
The problem with that is that the purists cram their opinions down people's throats in an extraordinarily obnoxious manner. Believe it or not not everyone requires a "faithful" recreation. Most of us? So you know the minds of every person in existence? Seriously?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 21:02   Link #37
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It's not like they are fucking the story up to a point they can't continue from Volume 9 and go further in a Season 4, so I'm still not mad.
Exactly. Even if they change a few things or mess up or rush other thing, as long as they don't reach the point of no return it isn't a problem. The funny thing that they already gave us a decent foreshadowing for a possible season 4 .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 21:19   Link #38
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Exactly. Even if they change a few things or mess up or rush other thing, as long as they don't reach the point of no return it isn't a problem. The funny thing that they already gave us a decent foreshadowing for a possible season 4 .
So its ok to, as you said, rush and mess up the consistency of those book just to have another season which could suffer the same problem in order to keep animating more??
Old 2015-05-02, 21:24   Link #39
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
The plot isn't a problem actually, it's just how they handled it this episode specifically the relationship development. The way how they handled it is very weak to me especially Akeno's, it was just brushed off like it was nothing. They didn't even bother to have a scene to show Ise comforting Akeno, instead they just throw in the Bilingual, which was accidental and suddenly the problems get solved. It didn't even feel like Ise and Akeno actually interacted in this episode and they expect us to accept that the relationship will be closer than before.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 22:56   Link #40
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
So its ok to, as you said, rush and mess up the consistency of those book just to have another season which could suffer the same problem in order to keep animating more??
Except that won't happen. The reason why this season has 3 volumes instead of 2, is because they are setting up the events of season 4. And since Vol.8 is a side story volume, it makes sense since 9&10 lead into each other. Vol 7 is sort of stand alone on how it ends.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote