3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-04, 12:22   Link #21
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
We have to be optimistic here... I'm interested for next week's episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:28   Link #22
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
One episode and you're already crying ruined Imperial? Aren't you overreacting just a teensie, tiny little bit? You're already heading into the same trap you were in the Winter season.
Maybe so but in the winter i turned out to be right.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:57   Link #23
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
<<You ... made the wrong choice!!>>

Issei: Do you know you who I am...

Issei: I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

Ripping off quotes from Marvel movies aside, how'd you guys see the episode? Was it raw? If that's the case no wonder I still haven't seen it yet as the sub still hasn't shown up on Funimation's site yet.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:01   Link #24
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Issei: Do you know you who I am...

Issei: I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

Ripping off quotes from Marvel movies aside, how'd you guys see the episode? Was it raw? If that's the case no wonder I still haven't seen it yet as the sub still hasn't shown up on Funimation's site yet.
I saw it raw. On a completely unrelated note I think they added the scene Kiryuu explains her ability to measure a man's thing even with clothes on, but I'm not sure. I understand as much Japanese as I do Physics.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:58   Link #25
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I saw it raw. On a completely unrelated note I think they added the scene Kiryuu explains her ability to measure a man's thing even with clothes on, but I'm not sure. I understand as much Japanese as I do Physics.
They did that in season 2.

Damn. For whatever reason, just reading that makes me feel happy. Must be because we're actually at season 3 unlike a lot of other series.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Old 2015-04-04, 14:06   Link #26
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
They did that in season 2.

Damn. For whatever reason, just reading that makes me feel happy. Must be because we're actually at season 3 unlike a lot of other series.
Um... no they didn't, I'm pretty sure they only talked to Kiryuu about the Karaoke stuff in NEW.

I'm glad it wasn't Mad House or Bones or another big studio that made DxD anime. Since TNK is small it doesn't have any choice besides doing DxD sequels for the rest of their life.

The quality may not be the best, but hey, at least isn't as bad as Toei.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 14:10   Link #27
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Um... no they didn't, I'm pretty sure they only talked to Kiryuu about the Karaoke stuff in NEW.

I'm glad it wasn't Mad House or Bones or another big studio that made DxD anime. Since TNK is small it doesn't have any choice besides doing DxD sequels for the rest of their life.

The quality may not be the best, but hey, at least isn't as bad as Toei.
I'm definitely sure they mentioned it last season. Hold on I'll find the episode.

Old 2015-04-04, 14:29   Link #28
jopjopjop

Quote:
I'm definitely sure they mentioned it last season. Hold on I'll find the episode.
You might be confusing Motohoma's Three-size Scouter with Kiryuu's something something Dick. I am not creative with words
Old 2015-04-04, 14:45   Link #29
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I recently watched the whole season 2 and OVA, with the new scenes, less than a week ago. It did not happen in season 2.
Old 2015-04-04, 14:55   Link #30
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I recently watched the whole season 2 and OVA, with the new scenes, less than a week ago. It did not happen in season 2.
I'm not finding it either. *sigh* Probably mixed up when she said it since I haven't checked up on that part of the series in a while. Also, I'd never mix up Motohama's and Kiryu's powers Jop. They're to amazing for something like to happen and even if it did, that would only be under the belief that Motohama had it for men.

EDIT: On another note, Funimation still doesn't have the episode yet though I just found out they have all of season 2 dubbed, uncensored, and with extra scenes for free viewing and it won't change to premium until June.

Old 2015-04-04, 15:52   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I forgot Casper and Anazel even existed...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 16:09   Link #32
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Gasper. Azazel.
Old 2015-04-04, 20:10   Link #33
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I cant believe i'm saying this after 1 episode but i'm absolutely dreading this season because so far the signs are there that we are headed for utter disaster in this season. From the first 3 minutes of the story they are doing some very problematic things.
Emphasizing THAT is a terrible idea (and to everyone who knows what it is DONT YOU DARE SAY) and dont answer if anybody else asks. Visually it was certainly DxD and the lack of censoring is beautiful as always but this could be a terrifying season. Doing 5 6 and 7 seemed dangerous to begin with but with this first episode animators YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE

EDIT: Though 1 thing i found comical is that YKW (for LN watchers also) looks like Makoto from School days
I don't think I've ever seen you say anything nice about a show. Whenever I see you come in and comment I know its something negative about whatever episode of whatever show.

Usually followed by DxD praise. Seeing as you are hating this already, I'm thinking you need to relook at your life and maybe give up anime all together. It seems you no longer enjoy it. Just stick to manga and or LN.

We had super rare season 1 and 2 where it was almost 100% identical to the LN. THat doesn't happen. Hell even one fothe best movie series of all time "lord of the rings" when from a book perspective took many big liberties and changed things, but I still LOVE the movies. If you watch anime expecting to see a compeltely faithful adaptation fo the manga you will be disapointed. Even long running series like One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, ect taht do show everything from the manga mess with its pacing or other things that make it vastely inferior to its source
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 21:55   Link #34
dmaxzero

Too many changes, too many changes. I am also scared of what this is going to be... Cant say more cause anti spoilers freaks, but damn.

And yes, season 1 and 2 were faithful and maybe we are a little bit spoiled because of it. But I want this to be good and how things are now I have mixed feelings. It was an ok chapter, but felts misplaced somehow.
Time will tell if this season will be good or not.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 21:59   Link #35
GDB

Guys, this is the anime subforum. This isn't the manga subforum. Might be smart to knock it off with spoilers, regardless of how vague you make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
From the first 3 minutes of the story they are doing some very problematic things.
No they aren't. Just because they aren't doing a 1:1 perfect transcript doesn't make it problematic.

Quote:
I'm not finding it either. *sigh* Probably mixed up when she said it since I haven't checked up on that part of the series in a while. Also, I'd never mix up Motohama's and Kiryu's powers Jop. They're to amazing for something like to happen and even if it did, that would only be under the belief that Motohama had it for men.
You're probably thinking of when Issei got the text at the karaoke event and she commented about his crotch reacting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 00:14   Link #36
SisterPrincess

ED is still horrid, what gives? (picture wise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Other than the voice, it's the first Sakura Ayane role that I actually remember. That sure means something right?

It turned out Casper sound exactly like Naka-chan.
SisterPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 00:37   Link #37
The Green One

Well saw the episode, and sure enough there's nothing wrong with it. It's fine you bloody alarmists. Art, animation, music are all good. So there's a few minor changes here and there, life will still somehow manage to go on. Seriously people need to relax these days. It's simple entertainment, not something to nitpick and harp on.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 00:42   Link #38
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Guys, this is the anime subforum. This isn't the manga subforum. Might be smart to knock it off with spoilers, regardless of how vague you make them.

No they aren't. Just because they aren't doing a 1:1 perfect transcript doesn't make it problematic.

You're probably thinking of when Issei got the text at the karaoke event and she commented about his crotch reacting.
To me changeling the script at all is almost always bad it never ends well as they say don't fix whats not broke I've seen lots of people like you say the 1:1 thing and it normally ends with ever a anime original ending or they rush though way to much content I'd say akame ga kill would be the former and nanatsu no Taizai the latter, some times sometimes its even worse cuz the director thinks he can write the story better than the author and we get a pile of crap that no one likes.

Then finally there's the fourth type were they make stupid changes to the script removing scenes people wanted to see or change how a scene happened for no real reason(the new fate stay night anime feels this way to me) the shows are still good but you it just leaves a lot of people think why? Why change/remove a scene that was already perfect.

In this cause it's a bit early to judge but it might end up rushing or the fourth type and even worse they are adding filler is the filler good? yes is the filler good for foreshadowing and ise and co characters? yes should they be adding it when they already doing 3 volumes up from 2 which are quite page heavy? the answer is a big fat NO.

Edit weird why is their a space between be and adding
Old 2015-04-05, 03:12   Link #39
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
One episode and you're already crying ruined Imperial? Aren't you overreacting just a teensie, tiny little bit? You're already heading into the same trap you were in the Winter season.
Soz, but I think he's more or less right ...

I'm an avid LN reader (well, as much as they're translated), and I'm not too happy with this development either.

It's like what some non-named game developers do to adaptation games ... "can you see, can you see all the shinies we did for you, all the awesomeness, yeah, we can program, and we can make graphics, and it's all epic, can you see, CAN YOU SEE?"

Point is, I don't really care. When I watch an adaptation, I want to see all I read and imagined in actual motion. That's all. Truth is, we don't really need all the shiny stuffz added, since (for whoever reads D×D, will probably at least be familiar with what I'm saying) I think the LN is alredy shiny enough. This is like saying the LN isn't good enough, so we're gonna polish it up. Well, no need for that, thank you very much.

You know, it seems we're calling him YKW. Alright then. YKW should appear later. And he does in the second episode. Episode 1 starts, and we can alredy see 2 months ahead, and D×D readers know how much 2 months is in terms of this series' timeline. And that's bad. If this series is going to be 1 cour (I'm still hoping for 2), then it's a one-way ticket to content butchery and slashing out chunks and pasting them together to get a big messy abstract art.
That way, this isn't a sequel. It's a very long OVA series. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm told "sequel", and I get an "OVA series", then I'll probably burst a few veins. And I'm not alone with that.

Quote:
Well saw the episode, and sure enough there's nothing wrong with it. It's fine you bloody alarmists. Art, animation, music are all good. So there's a few minor changes here and there, life will still somehow manage to go on. Seriously people need to relax these days. It's simple entertainment, not something to nitpick and harp on.
Edit for this: Episode one from the third series, LN 5. We see stuff from LN 5, LN 6, and frickin' bloody LN 10. Few minor changes? Are you bloody serious?
I'm usually not as agressive to cry wolf, but come on man ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
We had super rare season 1 and 2 where it was almost 100% identical to the LN. THat doesn't happen. Hell even one fothe best movie series of all time "lord of the rings" when from a book perspective took many big liberties and changed things, but I still LOVE the movies. If you watch anime expecting to see a compeltely faithful adaptation fo the manga you will be disapointed. Even long running series like One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, ect taht do show everything from the manga mess with its pacing or other things that make it vastely inferior to its source
And for this: it doesn't happen? Then why not just say "based on the whatever story"? And Lord of the Rings movie? Taking the biggest achievement ever from one of the hobbits, for the lame pun of "I'm no man" from Eowyn? Dear director-san, go F**K YOURSELF, you're not funny, and wasted an awesome epic fight.

Yeah, well, I'm sarcastic. I'm fine with that, I know it, I don't care. I will be disappointed? Of course I will be. Doing stuff as faithful as possible to stuff that's awesome should be considered natural, since doing it another way is like saying "your stuff sucks". Are you going to say I'm frickin' overreacting?

And PLEASE, don't compare an LN which has 14 + 2 bloody novels worth of content to be done to something like One Piece and Bleach, which have to be fillered to all hell because the anime is about to catch up. Animating manga and LN-s is different.

I am sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, but damn, people don't need white knighting if they do something bad. If seasons 1 and 2 wwere acceptable (1 was OK totally, 2 had some minor tweaks, but wasn't whacked too much), and it was worth enough to do a third season, then WHY CHANGE THE METHODS?

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.

Last edited by RpR1337; 2015-04-05 at 03:25.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 03:26   Link #40
Sacredus

While I agree with you about all this adaptation stuff, you are overreacting too much. Don't judge series from 1st episode - you can rage all you want after third one (i'm no joking). And sadly, on official page there is only 6 BD planed, so it will have 12 episodes. In worse case scenario... we still have LN.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote