5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-07, 14:23   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Rem sees just about that is fond of Subaru as a rival, doesn't she?

Got to love how they mixed the end of the episode with Subaru's ringtone.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:25   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far, so good. I'm glad we didn't waste time with Subaru needing a few tries at this. With his head on straight he was able to abuse all the info he had and really prep himself.

In a sense this battle is simply a very small part of the goal. They need the whale out of the way so they can proceed to Emilia before the Witch Cult attacks. Maybe if they win in spectacular fashion he can get everyone hyped up to go slaughter the witch cult too, but that wasn't part of the negotiations as far as I can tell. He did say this would be an alliance, but who knows about the specifics. It may be possible to get her to assist with the Witch Cult situation but....who knows. Crusch is a tough person to force to take action. Will hope for the best since without the additional firepower they will only be able to try and get everyone to run away from the mansion.

This big battle is just a necessary step to the much more important fight.

I can't say that the Subaru and Rem scenes are any less "uncomfortable" or "unpleasant" thanks to last week. Honestly the less time those two spend together the better for the episode.

Battle against a monster that big and frankly that powerful is going to be intense.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2016-08-07 at 14:43.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:25   Link #23
Seihai
スマイリウム

I hope they will elaborate on the hakugei's different abilities, because it doesn't seem to always use the ability to delete people's existances considering there are veterans who still remember their loved ones who fell to the whale. As posters above mentioned, it could be that people don't get deleted if they die to a random squish attack or something, but I would still appreciate if they could show us the exact differences between existance erasure and normal death.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:36   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Subaru's shitty ringtone really made for a great scene of tension!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:44   Link #25
Arkard

Glad that he finally pulled all the pieces together to get his much needed alliance, although I'm not really sure where the magic stone mining rights thing came from. Also, FINALLY, he pulled the "magical artifact" card to explain the knowledge gained by Return by Death. Also not sure how he's gonna convince them to deal with the Cult after this, there was nothing about it mentioned in the negotiations and he seems to have played all his cards at this point... unless he does link them to the whale... Cruche did mention it was created by Satella.

Rem got more time to shine as well, including that great scene with the ground dragon.

But... how many loops will this take? He knows nothing about the whale other then it'll chase after him, and a reset at this point after last week's developments would be gut wrenching.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:46   Link #26
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I hope they will elaborate on the hakugei's different abilities, because it doesn't seem to always use the ability to delete people's existances considering there are veterans who still remember their loved ones who fell to the whale. As posters above mentioned, it could be that people don't get deleted if they die to a random squish attack or something, but I would still appreciate if they could show us the exact differences between existance erasure and normal death.
My point exactly!
Plus, excluding the known victims, just imagine the ammount of people erased by the whale that no one even remember. It's indeed a terrifying power!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:47   Link #27
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Subaru's shitty ringtone really made for a great scene of tension!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-E6_fS-h98

I guess you don't like series from the World's masterpiece theater?
I wouldn't have recognized it either if it wasn't for aohige's hint though
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:51   Link #28
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
As posters above mentioned, it could be that people don't get deleted if they die to a random squish attack or something, but I would still appreciate if they could show us the exact differences between existance erasure and normal death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
My point exactly!
Plus, excluding the known victims, just imagine the ammount of people erased by the whale that no one even remember. It's indeed a terrifying power!
Great... the power to erase existences combined with "random squish attacks" from A GIANT FLYING DEMON WHALE... and with the cult left this probably isn't even the final boss of the arc?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 15:16   Link #29
Twi

Hmm... a white whale and a man pursuing it to no end... hopefully this ends better for the old man than Ahab.
Old 2016-08-07, 15:19   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Hmm... a white whale and a man pursuing it to no end... hopefully this ends better for the old man than Ahab.

This scene comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGMHbK4NlA Starts at 3:30

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 15:33   Link #31
moridin84
Custom User Title

This episode was amazingly... not painful to watch. A very refreshing experience.

Him figuring out it the stuff that Crush was doing is related to the white whale is somewhat impressive. It wasn't shown precisely but I suppose that he asked Rem for more details on the white whale.

I suppose that Subaru offering these mining rights will encourage them to protect the mansion after they defeat the whale.

I imagine that the fact that some people killed by the whale aren't forgotten is going to be an important plot point. Probably caused by a third party that will intervene here since otherwise the battle would be too straightforward.

I see that they are actually ramping up the romcom between Subaru and Rem.

That was a nice way to end the episode.

----

"It's what you'd call a metia"
- True, people have that world probably would call it a metia. Even if it's technically not.

"It tells me when and where the white whale will appear"
- I'd say there's probably an issue with translation here. It certainly helped him figure out "when" (since it showed 15:13 at that point in time) but it doesn't really say "where".
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 15:39   Link #32
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The thing I am wondering about though is how Roosewal is any way responsible for Subaru's promises regarding the stones now

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 15:55   Link #33
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Regarding the white whale. I think that it could maybe be along to lines of being eaten by the whale erases your existence, where as being crushed or dying by any other physical attack does not ?

That aside super stoked for next weeks episode, will be interesting to see how some of the characters perform in battle.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 15:58   Link #34
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
"It tells me when and where the white whale will appear"
- I'd say there's probably an issue with translation here. It certainly helped him figure out "when" (since it showed 15:13 at that point in time) but it doesn't really say "where".
The translation is literal. Subaru did, in fact, lie a little bit there.
Old 2016-08-07, 16:01   Link #35
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I couldn't help but smile at Leroy Jenkins. It's so appropriate.

I'm assuming he's engineering events so that the army just happens to be there when the cult attacks.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 16:05   Link #36
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I see a deathflag on the sir who lost his wife.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 16:07   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Eh... Right now it's 50/50. There's a very good chance that there will be named characters who won't make it. But I can't be sure how many or who.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 16:12   Link #38
Jaden

99% that Wilhelm dies. He's not a cute anime girl, yet his offerings of gratitude to Subaru took a bunch of screen time in this episode. That's because him sacrificing himself for Subaru in the next episodes had to be justified somehow.
Old 2016-08-07, 16:23   Link #39
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The thing I am wondering about though is how Roosewal is any way responsible for Subaru's promises regarding the stones now
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-08-07 at 23:49. Reason: Added spoiler tags for novel info -- no novel info outside of tags
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 16:27   Link #40
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
99% that Wilhelm dies. He's not a cute anime girl, yet his offerings of gratitude to Subaru took a bunch of screen time in this episode. That's because him sacrificing himself for Subaru in the next episodes had to be justified somehow.
I throw in my hat in this pile as well.
He be able to visit his wifes grave at the end, by having his tombstone next to hers.

Other episode comments.
I like Crusch's controlled and self-disciplined personality.

I think Priscilla is going to hold off the Witch's cult.