AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-08, 12:40   Link #21
Blaat

Can't tell whether this a discussion thread for Deaimon or a Bunny Drop victim anonymous meeting. Happy to join in if it's the latter.
Old 2022-04-08, 13:24   Link #22
grecefar

come on don't be pessimistic and enjoy the ride, this setting doesn't mean that is always going to be usagi drop.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-09, 01:58   Link #23
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have only one word for this title - irritating.

Which I would not expect for a series of this type. An imbecile, a talented kid with an utterly painful voice, other staff who are always ticked off. And that bit with being gullible with that large order...how would you not verify that something like that was legitimate? You're just asking for trouble with that kind of mentality.

I can see the Bunny Drop comparisons but that title knew when to be bonkers and when to be calm. This one falls squarely into the former. I'm more convinced she'd kill the guy first.
Old 2022-04-11, 11:38   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Looks to be a fun series. Kind of worked hard to give the hero a reason for leaving that would make it not look entirely like “screw you guys I want to do my own thing”. Like, why not just have him be a slow learner or some misunderstanding happen that leads him to feel like the place is better without him? Something besides “the idiot cries with every sale like he’s saying goodbye to a daughter”.
Yeah. That was crazy, and you do have to wonder if he has any place in that business.

Quote:
As for the Bunny Drop risk, I think I can take it. Like in “If it’s for my daughter”, it doesn’t look like the girl’s going to look at him as any kind of parent. I hope not though. Not because I have a problem with it, but just because for once I’d like to see a story where the girl grows up and still sees the guy as a dad or brother.
It would be nice to have an anime where raising an adopted daughter is its own reward and not a creepy way to get a much younger waifu.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-13, 15:59   Link #25
Alchemist007
*Author

This MC reminds me of the one from "Yuusha Yamemasu." Exists to impress the girls.
Old 2022-04-13, 17:09   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought that was a pretty enjoyable episode. Nagomu was able to bring his own past failures into the ring a bit to help someone out. It is a good reminder that things won't necessarily work out, but also that it is valuable to let Mitsuru try. And it was good to help her avoid giving up on her dreams too early. To close herself off from possibilities due to a role she put herself in. Obviously her family has hopes for stability and success for her. But that doesn't discount letting to do the things she loves.

Just kind of a comfortable episode really. Nagomu even got a little version of himself out of the situation . Although a side effect was Mitsuru getting to experience some interesting levels of embarrassment with her family having a video watching party of her music uploads .

And yeah, the OP really helped hit home that the absentee father was definitely the guy that got Nagomu into music.
Old 2022-04-13, 17:59   Link #27
grecefar

it would've been easy for mitsuru just to post that she bought the keychain there, but everything went well in the end.
Old 2022-04-13, 22:35   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 01:45   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Two episodes in and we're two-for-two on that telephone being the bearer of bad news. Last time it was about a prank sale, this time it's outright doxxing. Maybe Nagomu's gramps had a good idea in cutting that line.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 02:39   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was reminded of that scene in show-ha shoten where the MC's father, also a failed musician, explained how irresponsible it was to push someone to follow their dream. But at least, she's being reasonable about it. She just said she wants a job related to music, rather than bet it all on a long shot dream of being a star performer.
Old 2022-04-14, 05:00   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was reminded of that scene in show-ha shoten where the MC's father, also a failed musician, explained how irresponsible it was to push someone to follow their dream. But at least, she's being reasonable about it. She just said she wants a job related to music, rather than bet it all on a long shot dream of being a star performer.
Yeah. When it’s a dream that only a handful can reach like superstardom, gotta follow Koro-sensei’s advice: always carry a second “knife” (for those that haven’t seen it always have a backup). But if she just wants to be involved in music then she’s pretty safe.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 05:39   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah. When it’s a dream that only a handful can reach like superstardom, gotta follow Koro-sensei’s advice: always carry a second “knife” (for those that haven’t seen it always have a backup). But if she just wants to be involved in music then she’s pretty safe.
And that reminds me of Nodame Cantabile, where the MC learned the piano to become an elementary school or preschool teacher, but only had the talent to be a concert pianist...
Old 2022-04-14, 11:34   Link #33
grecefar

This the era of social media too, she can still write songs and upload it, she already has some fans and that makes her happy enough. She doesn't need or want to be a superstar and if she becomes one is a plus.
Old 2022-04-14, 13:07   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Two episodes in and we're two-for-two on that telephone being the bearer of bad news. Last time it was about a prank sale, this time it's outright doxxing. Maybe Nagomu's gramps had a good idea in cutting that line.
We have a phone line because it's 'free' in our plan, but 99.9999% of all calls we get are spam and robots. Finally, this year, we unplugged the only phone connected, and only temporarily reconnect it when it needs to be used. It's insane.
Old 2022-04-15, 11:51   Link #35
HandofFate

if only the mistaken handkerchief was her panties instead of her brothers
Old 2022-04-20, 11:45   Link #36
HandofFate

love his ex-girlfriend, so headstrong.
Old 2022-04-20, 14:09   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm impressed that both sides managed to convince themselves that the other person broke up with them. Although I do kind of get why Nagomu thought that was the case. Not too hard to read into what she said as "guess we're done here."

If nothing else it seems like things are pretty hopeful there. Nagomu is a bit dense, but Kanoko at least seems to understand that the breakup was basically a misunderstanding on both sides. Just a matter of her gathering the courage to make her move. Which shouldn't be that difficult since one of them made the move that lead to them dating originally anyways.

Definitely a bit scary how Itsuka gets swept up without thinking. It makes sense of course. Kids are like that. Whether it was her father or not doesn't matter. Just sees that general appearance and a guitar and she's off. Being abandoned only furthering that instinctive desire to chase after her parent. Of course it's a really bad and dangerous habit. This time it was only skipping part of the school day. But if she hadn't gotten lucky in running into someone like Kanoko she might have actually been abducted.
Old 2022-04-20, 17:26   Link #38
Huh...?

I wouldn't call that Nagomu made a misunderstanding though.
He was depressed because of his Band breaking up, and then got news that his Father was hospitalized, and remembered how he liked his family's traditional sweets. This made him want to move back to his home town and inherit the store.

And when he asked his girlfriend on whether she would move with him, she suddenly starts packing her stuff and leaves, while saying she prefers modern sweets, and even said "bye-bye" in a condescending tone

Any person would consider that dialogue as a "break-up".

What i am surprised is how she didn't even once consider that what she said sounded like a break-up, and instead thought he broke up with her.
And even complained how he chose his family over her.
I mean she heard how his father was hospitalized, so obviously he would want to head back.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 18:58   Link #39
grecefar

In my pov it was kanoko who broke up with him, she didn't know him at all?, she should've know about his love for japanese sweets at least and taking her stuff just like that and saying she likes western sweets, I think for him that is like cheating on him lol.
Old 2022-04-20, 19:13   Link #40
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

This series is weirdly compelling.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking