Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:34   Link #22
i8o
のヮの

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area88 View Post
I keep geting this error message:

Can anyone create one for me instead? Email is visual_sky@hotmail.com
It cannot be read that CharacterEncode is not set in Unicode(UTF-8).
i8o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:31   Link #23
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

What's more fun than watching a good BF2 video on Youtube or GV? Watching it on niconico just to see the Japanese users' reactions.

For example, here's Mine 2 on niconico http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm307998

EDIT: What the hell are these supposed to mean?

1. ニコニコ動画は現在 ログイン制限中 のため、HashiriyaGDB さんの ID:2661888 ではログインできません。
ログインできるアカウントIDは、ニコニコ動画トップページ にてご確認ください。

2. ログインエラー

メールアドレスまたはパスワードが間違っているため、ログインできません。

【2007年8月22日(水)までにパスワード変更手続きを完了していない方へ】
2007年8月22日(水)のパスワード変更にともない、それ以前のパスワードが使用できなくなりまし た。
こちら でパスワードの再設定をお願いします。

トップに戻る

For some reason, I've been locked out of NicoNico. It was fine only hours ago.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-10-15 at 11:37.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 13:25   Link #24
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
What's more fun than watching a good BF2 video on Youtube or GV? Watching it on niconico just to see the Japanese users' reactions.

For example, here's Mine 2 on niconico http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm307998

EDIT: What the hell are these supposed to mean?

1. ニコニコ動画は現在 ログイン制限中 のため、HashiriyaGDB さんの ID:2661888 ではログインできません。
ログインできるアカウントIDは、ニコニコ動画トップページ にてご確認ください。

2. ログインエラー

こちら でパスワードの再設定をお願いします。

トップに戻る

For some reason, I've been locked out of NicoNico. It was fine only hours ago.
Nico nico has limited server size, so only users with certain ID #s can log in 24 hours a day. I see that your ID is pretty high, and I believe only up to 2200000 can log in 24 hours a day. Anyone above that is limited to access
2:00~19:00 Japan time, which you're gonna have to figure out yourself what times they are in your timezone.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:12   Link #25
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

That timeslot's fine for me, since I'm usually back in rez around 2PM, and I'm usually asleep before 11AM.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-10-15 at 19:41.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 18:15   Link #26
Rembr

Quote:
That timeslot's fine for me, since I'm usually back in rez until 2PM, and I'm usually asleep before 11AM.
Yeah it's actually a convinient timeslot for most Americans, ironically.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 07:56   Link #27
i8o
のヮの

Quote:
2. ログインエラー

こちら でパスワードの再設定をお願いします。
---
2. log in error

you cannot log in because mail address or password is different.

[To members who did not do changing password by 2007/08/22]
password system was changed at 2007/08/22, so your old password became not able to be used.
please set your new password by here(link).
---
if you use japanese site, please learn japanese.
i8o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 13:39   Link #28
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Actually, that's a bug. That's the message if gives you if you try to login using your login name when lockdown is in place. Using your account's email address to login during lockdown gives you message #1.
Old 2007-10-17, 01:00   Link #29
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm also very interested in how some Japanese companies are taking interest in really partnering with the site to provide streaming contents rather than going on ZOMG COPYRIGHT VIOLATION DELETEZ0R blitzes. Already one current (?) anime, Saishuu Shiken Kujira, is being legally aired on Niconico.
My theory for that - Japan is already a very internet-integrated society and they've rather progressive when it comes to accepting net communities like 2ch into their popular culture. Compared with, the US for example, which is highly resistant to that sort of stuff, it opens up a lot more possibilities.

There's also the issue of the Japanese having "strong hobby convictions". Otakuism is serious business across the west pond and MoonTube, while seemingly a threat to profits through the proliferation of anime DVDs, could serve to simply be an advertising tool because of the static low quality (but better than YouTube quality) videos and otaku viewership.

None of that could fly over here, since Westerners don't have the same cultural dedication to certain hobbies those in the East do. I mean, how many main-stream fans purchase anime DVDs for what they watch...? Even the 4channers are more likely to penny up for a series even if they're not a die-hard for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
True. Just look at 2ch Saimoe to see how some (NOT ALL, let me emphasize) are hostile to gaijins.
That was because SaiMoe isn't an international tournament yet gets international attention, and the Japanese were offended that the IT vote had so much sway in the tournment.

I'd direct everyone to SaiGar since it's the English equivalent to SaiMoe, but AnimeSuki and the ELC in general tends to eschew Gar quite a bit (much to my disgust and dismay >_>) in favour of the moe fetishes...which is quite sad, but that's the way it goes I guess. =/
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 13:14   Link #30
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
My theory for that - Japan is already a very internet-integrated society and they've rather progressive when it comes to accepting net communities like 2ch into their popular culture. Compared with, the US for example, which is highly resistant to that sort of stuff, it opens up a lot more possibilities.
The Japanese are very resistant to change and very resistant to making properties available on the internet. There are a large number of shows which are removed by request of the copyright holders on Nico. Kujira is more a test exception. It is also of note that Kujira is not constantly available. It is only available for a very short time period.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 04:06   Link #31
wao
OK.

Whuh, they finally integrated the key changes into the niconico commenting system... Using tabs on the comment panel you - not just the uploader - can block certain comments, and even block the IDs of users themselves. Uploaders can create wordfilters for the comments. You can also see "recommended" videos (or is it more like the Youtube system where you can see related videos), and see who has put your video in their favourites list (if it's made public).

I don't quite mind the latter two, but I thought nico was still relatively OK without the filtering despite the burgeoning population. I guess it's because I don't watch that many insanely-popular videos now and usually if they're really annoying I just turn them off, filtering will just cause people to try harder wouldn't it...? Whatever it is, now I'm definitely scared to comment :{

Last edited by wao; 2007-10-18 at 04:33.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 10:29   Link #32
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Whuh, they finally integrated the key changes into the niconico commenting system... Using tabs on the comment panel you - not just the uploader - can block certain comments, and even block the IDs of users themselves. Uploaders can create wordfilters for the comments. You can also see "recommended" videos (or is it more like the Youtube system where you can see related videos), and see who has put your video in their favourites list (if it's made public).

I don't quite mind the latter two, but I thought nico was still relatively OK without the filtering despite the burgeoning population. I guess it's because I don't watch that many insanely-popular videos now and usually if they're really annoying I just turn them off, filtering will just cause people to try harder wouldn't it...? Whatever it is, now I'm definitely scared to comment :{
Since most of the spammers use the same comment over and over, a simple filter should remove them all when you encounter it. There were already other ways to get around if it if you really wanted other comments beside theirs. (There were bugs with the hide comments button that you could exploit.) Also, that filter by user ID is a very nice touch since now everyone can filter out that idiot "benmei". But how are we supposed to find the user IDs for each comment?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 11:14   Link #33
wao
OK.

Meh, but when it comes to things like spoilers it's kind of pointless. And the point is those spammers used the same words again and again and again, but that's before there was a filter... you think they won't just find more new words/alternatives of words to get around it? I guess you'd just have to keep updating yoru filter.

You can find the IDs if you go to the comment listing and scroll horizontally; it's not immediately visible but at the extreme right side. I'm not sure whether older comments will revert back to the coded format or if those are just ones from before the change, but new ones will show your ID number. All those people commenting on their own videos, the 自演 folks had better be a little smarter...

Oh yeah, I just read http://gigazine.net/index.php?/news/...ovideo_rights/ and...

Spoiler for tldr:

Summary: \(^o^)/

EDIT: Okay, strangely enough I can't see the user IDs of any comments anymore... now it works this way:
You can select your ID to be displayed as anonymous (a long number which probably changes after some time and between videos) = "184". Then to block actual users, you must first decide whether you want to show 184 comments or block them (so you can theoretically only show the comments of people who dare to reveal their actual IDs and can thus be identified and blocked across videos). To find out their ID, it's no longer in the comment window - you must click on the desired comment and then click "Add as NGID". Then you will see their ID - whether it's a long number or their actual ID.

Now this makes a lot, lot more sense. It's like filtering out all anon comments on a board, but more effective because there's a limit to how many accounts spammers can keep making to flood videos, and it's much faster to block them out.

Last edited by wao; 2007-10-18 at 13:20.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:11   Link #34
Area88

Ok finally have an active account.

Anyone know how to download the the streaming videos so i can post some on Youtube?
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 17:41   Link #35
hcl4

Use the following:
http://www.nicopon.jp/js/smiledownloader.user.js
If you are using FireFox download Greasemonkey extension then add the javascript file through Greasemonkey. For Opera just use UserJS already built in. With the niconico tab open, just right click on a blank area and select edit site preferences. Then just click on the scripting tab and select the folder where you put your javascript in. You should see a flv button when you view a video. Use that to save the flv once you finish downloading the video.
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 14:35   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl4 View Post
Use the following:
http://www.nicopon.jp/js/smiledownloader.user.js
If you are using FireFox download Greasemonkey extension then add the javascript file through Greasemonkey. For Opera just use UserJS already built in. With the niconico tab open, just right click on a blank area and select edit site preferences. Then just click on the scripting tab and select the folder where you put your javascript in. You should see a flv button when you view a video. Use that to save the flv once you finish downloading the video.
I did everything you said with Opera, but I don't see any FLV button. Where exactly is it supposed to appear. I set the path for User Javascript Files to my personal folder, but still no idea what to do next. Would you mind demonstrating with Screenshots?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 09:29   Link #37
wao
OK.

Okay, I think I take back what I said about the NG system... it's actually really handy. Only used it once, but... it does help when it's the same idiot continuously writing the same rubbish and it actually does distract from the other comments. :/

Also, is it me or when they drastically cut down the number of viewable videos (by making a huge lot of old videos with low comments unviewable) loading times have become much more acceptable? During off-peak hours (w.r.t. JPT) it can be really good. None of that irritating timeout stuff, at least. And most videos I want to see are not out of those old ones... Great.
Old 2007-10-26, 12:45   Link #38
hcl4

Talking

1) Download the js file that I linked and save it to a folder like C:\userjs or something like that.
2) Right click on a blank area with the niconico website tab open then click on Edit site preferences. Click on the Scripting tab and choose the folder where the js you downloaded is located. You should see the flv link under the video title.

hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 09:20   Link #39
wao
OK.

Oh damn, I knew I shouldn't have caved in and checked out that legendary Cheetah Man clip...

I can't get the BGM and all its 305920492 variations out of my head

Then again, it's only at some place like niconico where people think of ingenious things like 勿 for the ridiculous apeman. I feel like I'm dissolving into the swarm of ~ comments... help...
Old 2007-10-30, 10:12   Link #40
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Oh damn, I knew I shouldn't have caved in and checked out that legendary Cheetah Man clip...
Oh sh...! That thing can't be real! xD Who the hell would have put money into such a crappy game?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video