AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-11-21, 17:35   Link #21
justsomeguy

Did they ever mention what happens to the villains locked up in the "pipeline?"

Presumably the STAR labs team doesn't just let them starve to death, but how can they feed Mist or Girder without them escaping?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 22:48   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It will be tough, but I think Green Arrow will figure a way. A straight on attack won't work, but just means it will require more tactics. The one edge Ollie does have is the experience in more life and death situations. At least should be a mental edge. Might end up being as simple as setting up a trip line for Barry to run into. Since he can heal fast you can pretty brutally bring him down and apologize for it later .
Old 2014-11-26, 11:34   Link #23
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Another good episode. I feel it amping up to the mid season finale.

Best easter egg of the night has to be the "victims" of Dr Wells accelerator experiment:

Ralph Dibny-Elongated Man
Al Rothstein-Atom Smasher
Grant Emerson- Damage
Will Everett- Amazing Man
Bea Dacosta- Fire
Ronnie Raymond- Firestorm
Old 2014-11-26, 13:07   Link #24
GDB

I knew Ralph was a hero, but wasn't sure about the others. Grant sounded familiar but wasn't sure if I was getting him confused with someone else (ps: I think I did).

I wonder if Ralph will actually be a character or not, though. In the comics he's dead, isn't he?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 15:41   Link #25
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

If Ronnie ever comes back, shouldn't he have to be fused with either Prof. Stein or Jason Rusch?
Old 2014-11-27, 00:31   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It's clearly been a while since I watched regular TV. Shows have mid-season finales?

But anyways not a bad last episode. A pretty standard "I've lost my powers" kind of thing. Wells is as hard to read as ever. Guy having his AI connection to the future and it can change, but he doesn't. Using the former bully as a shield. That scene I did find weird since Girder seemed to be doing just fine and then....he wasn't doing so fine.

But yeah, still trying to figure Wells out.
Old 2014-11-27, 00:43   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
If Ronnie ever comes back, shouldn't he have to be fused with either Prof. Stein or Jason Rusch?
Ronnie will be showing up again in the episode debuting Reverse-Flash, and Victor Garber (Alias) will be playing Professor Stein who I'm pretty sure is already fused with him by this time. Jason is also going to turn up as well, so it'll be interesting to see how that all works out .

I caught Ralph and Will, but I knew the others had to be from the comics well. Atom Smasher and Fire.... it would be awesome if they all end up appearing the show along with Ronnie, and with their powers, and not just be name-drops but that's probably going to be a wait-and-see thing. It could be the case that, like Ronnie, they all just developed their powers which resulted in incidents that made people think they had died.

So after last episode the ratio of Metahuman/Supervillains locked up compared to being killed was 2/3... and after this episode, make that 1/5 .

I guess the only villains who probably have immunity from getting killed off are the classic Flash Rogues...

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-11-27 at 01:04.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 15:25   Link #28
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-28, 00:03   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This is going to be pretty darn fun. Just the trailer was entertaining. From Oliver shooting Barry with those crossbows to the scene at the very end. I was just kidding a bit earlier that Oliver wouldn't hold back on shooting the Flash because of the hyper healing. I didn't think he'd do that just in training .
Old 2014-11-28, 00:13   Link #30
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
There will be some much win in this crossover. Correction, there already is.

Quote:
*Oliver laughs*

*Oliver shoots Barry in the back*

*Oliver casually puts his bow away*
Quote:
"You shot me?!"

"I heard you heal fast."
Quote:
*argument over who's better*

"Please tell me you are not actually having this conversation!
Of course, I fully expect Oliver to win the fight since Barry is under the influence of bad guy powers and needs to be stopped. So basically, unavoidable plot armor as far as the serious fight goes.
Old 2014-12-03, 11:05   Link #31
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so at 14:50, dr. wells says something that sounds like "batman ..." but the subtitle track says "that man." i'm not sure if this is on purpose.

anywho, without finishing the ep yet, Diggle is the best part.

wow, they actually brought back the plot thread of
Spoiler:

i wonder if it's a tease or if it'll play a bigger role.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2014-12-03 at 11:36.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 11:32   Link #32
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so at 14:50, dr. wells says something that sounds like "batman ..." but the subtitle track says "that man." i'm not sure if this is on purpose.
Totally thought that at first too. I didn't use a subtitle track, but when I thought back on his sentence, "that man" makes far more sense since they aren't allowed to use/mention Batman/Superman/Gotham/Metropolis.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Nightwing name drop at some point. We did already have a Bludhaven reference.
Old 2014-12-03, 13:25   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'd say this was a pretty fun episode for a lot of reasons. Just really had fun from start to finish.

The trap crossbows were pretty hilarious and made a great point that should make Barry better down the road. He has the speed to really look at a situation before he runs in to fight. Might as well take advantage of that instead of having to react to everything.

Guess Wells googled his future computer about the identity of the Green Arrow.

Thought they did a great job making that fight work. Some early advantage to Arrow, Flash really taking control of the fight, but a good trick at the end letting Arrow grab him and put a stop to that craziness.

Fun episode. Got some laughs and just had a good time watching it.
Old 2014-12-03, 18:37   Link #34
Wandering Soul

That was a pretty fun episode and Diggle was great. I was not expecting that encounter Oliver had at the end but hopefully it leads somewhere and we are not just being teased. My only real complaint abour the fight was how Barry's barrage of super speed punches look like they barely hurt Oliver.
Quote:
Yeah I made the same mistake too and apparently so did many other people.
Old 2014-12-03, 18:41   Link #35
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Yeah, The Flash was nerfed to hell and back with the magic red rage, I mean, in this very episode Barry demostrates that he can vibrate every part of his body, but the interesting part is that he vibrates his hand, should he vibrate his fist while hitting someone at super speed (well, lets just say that Arrow's heart would be very surprised), but this supposed berserker mode Flash was tactically dumber than the regular Barry, and that's no easy feat
Old 2014-12-03, 19:03   Link #36
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
My only real complaint abour the fight was how Barry's barrage of super speed punches look like they barely hurt Oliver.
I like to think that, despite the rage boost, Barry was still just screwing with him. He wanted to show off his superiority rather than "beat" him.

*edit*

Maybe they said it to sound like "Batman" on purpose after all. They've already used "Arrow Cave" and "Arrow Mobile" in tonight's Arrow episode.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-12-03 at 20:06.
Old 2014-12-03, 20:47   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Maybe they just wanted people to feel that Arrow was really well armored and tough enough to endure that kind of beating. He seemed not to be in the best of shape after that fight. I don't know, didn't really leave that fight feeling like Flash wasn't impressive enough during that. If that had gone on for too much longer I don't think Oliver would have made it out of there alive or at least conscious.
Old 2014-12-04, 05:16   Link #38
monster

Alright, we're finally getting to the root of Barry's problem next episode. I had a suspicion that it might have been Dr. Wells, but from the look of the trailer, maybe not.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 16:23   Link #39
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2014-12-06, 15:27   Link #40
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
anywho, without finishing the ep yet, Diggle is the best part.
I really enjoyed the episode but Digg's reactions were priceless.

I imagine that's how normal people would too, at the sight of metas. ^_^
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel