AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 8 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 28.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-06, 13:53   Link #21
Rava

The impression I got from that was "Magic Circuit Sperm." =X
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:06   Link #22
Witch of Uncertainty

Okay, I'm a Anime only viewer.
Does Tohsaka transfer her entire crest (permanently?) onto Shirou? Also, she didn't do it in the VN? What did she do in the VN then? Just transfer some of her "magic power" through sex?
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:07   Link #23
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Does Tohsaka transfer her entire crest (permanently?) onto Shirou? Also, she didn't do it in the VN? What did she do in the VN then? Just transfer some of her "magic power" through sex?
There's two version.
In the new, Realta Nua, like in the anime.
In the old, sex.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:07   Link #24
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Just transfer some of her "magic power" through sex?
Yes, pretty much.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:15   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So does anyone know which of the two endings we're going for here?
going by the "choices" Shirou made in the anime version, it seems to clearly indicate True Ending.

And yes in the Eroge version from 2004, Rin did NOT lose her magic crest. I don't mind the "censoring" aspect as much in UBW as I do in HF, but they could have, at the very least, kept the kiss scene. Why did they have to remove it in the all ages version in the first place? I mean I understand the sex scene itself, but why also the kiss? Oh well...
Old 2015-06-06, 14:18   Link #26
The Green One

Hey now, this is a wholesome family friendly anime. We can't have any sick and depraved stuff like consensual sex between two teens! How shameless.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:21   Link #27
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Apparently naked Illya is family friendly, but teen sex isn't?

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:42   Link #28
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
No, they also made a "connection" in the VN, but just by doing sex instead of sacrificing Rin's Magic Crest.
Old 2015-06-06, 14:56   Link #29
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
No, they also made a "connection" in the VN, but just by doing sex instead of sacrificing Rin's Magic Crest.
The new Vn version has Rin sacrifing her Magic Crest to be more exact.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:57   Link #30
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Hey now, this is a wholesome family friendly anime. We can't have any sick and depraved stuff like consensual sex between two teens! How shameless.
I know right. You would think that the scene where Gil kills Ilya and rips out her heart would have shown people that this anime is family friendly.
Old 2015-06-06, 14:58   Link #31
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
The new Vn version has Rin sacrifing her Magic Crest to be more exact.
Yes, which the anime adapted, but I was talking about the original Eroge version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I know right. You would think that the scene where Gil kills Ilya and rips out her heart would have shown people that this anime is family friendly.
American style censoring... In Germany (and I heard in Australia too) it's the opposite. One drop of blood and your game/TV series/whatever is rated 18+ and even then still being censored to not get into the "sale forbidden index" (you are allowed to "choose" your political party in elections, but just you dare play a gory game! You must not! We forbid you from doing it you immature 18+ year old child!), but strangely sex is not such a great taboo here.

Speaking of Germany... Rin's German was so damn bad, I couldn't even laugh about it anymore...
Old 2015-06-06, 15:04   Link #32
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Can't Rin just take it back later? The crest.

Quote:
Speaking of Germany... Rin's German was so damn bad, I couldn't even laugh about it anymore...
Aside from the poor pronunciation, did she also break grammar?
Old 2015-06-06, 15:21   Link #33
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
People who are disappointed because of no sex scene brought it upon themselves, there was just no way it would've happened.
Well for me, it's not the lack of sex that made it disappointing; it's the lack of consistency and the half-hearted nature of the scene.

If the transfer of a crest is supposed to require "body heat" and a "connection," they definitely should have done a hell of a lot more than just taking off their shirts and having Rin place a few fingers on Shirou's bare chest. I mean...even a tight hug (what better way to share body heat) would have made the scene better and more believable than what was shown.

If showing even the slightest bit of physical intimacy was too unpalatable for a "family-friendly anime," they should have removed all mention of body heat, connection, intimacy, and all the little hints about Rin being bashful about the process. I find it really hard to believe that Rin, a magus who in the Fate route was almost completely cool/calm about having a threesome to restore Saber's power, being bashful and embarrassed about placing her fingers on a guy's chest even if the said guy is her crush.

That being said, the scene where Shirou views Rin's memory was done very well.
Pegasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 15:36   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plus aren't magic crest transfers supposed to be incredibly painful processes that are subject to failure, especially if it's to someone who isn't a blood relative of the person donating the crest?
Old 2015-06-06, 15:38   Link #35
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasai View Post
Well for me, it's not the lack of sex that made it disappointing; it's the lack of consistency and the half-hearted nature of the scene.

If the transfer of a crest is supposed to require "body heat" and a "connection," they definitely should have done a hell of a lot more than just taking off their shirts and having Rin place a few fingers on Shirou's bare chest. I mean...even a tight hug (what better way to share body heat) would have made the scene better and more believable than what was shown.

If showing even the slightest bit of physical intimacy was too unpalatable for a "family-friendly anime," they should have removed all mention of body heat, connection, intimacy, and all the little hints about Rin being bashful about the process. I find it really hard to believe that Rin, a magus who in the Fate route was almost completely cool/calm about having a threesome to restore Saber's power, being bashful and embarrassed about placing her fingers on a guy's chest even if the said guy is her crush.

That being said, the scene where Shirou views Rin's memory was done very well.
I honestly don't really care about this stuff to even remotely give it a thought or two so I'll take your word for it.

From my perspective, someone who doesn't care, it was pretty cute and somewhat romantic.
Old 2015-06-06, 15:43   Link #36
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Aside from the poor pronunciation, did she also break grammar?
It was actually kind of OK grammatically (the subs not always though, escpacially when it comes to capital letters), but it still made almost no sense and is basically just a bunch of words being mumbled together into "more or less" grammatically correct "Gerpanese". That's nothing special though, because that often happens with Latin-language magic-spells in a lot of other fictional stories as well.
Old 2015-06-06, 15:50   Link #37
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
It was actually kind of OK grammatically (the subs not always though, escpacially when it comes to capital letters), but it still made almost no sense and is basically just a bunch of words being mumbled together into "more or less" grammatically correct "Gerpanese". That's nothing special though, because that often happens with Latin-language magic-spells in a lot of other fictional stories as well.
I see...

A little bit of research will not hurt these people when they try to use other languages as a plot point. How hard can it be to find someone who speaks German that can help them... It seems like they just don't care
Old 2015-06-06, 15:52   Link #38
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
Apparently naked Illya is family friendly, but teen sex isn't?
From my perspective, (partial) nudity, even (or especially) from a seemingly prepubescent/child-like figure, seems much more harmless than teen sex with all the baggage that comes with it, like STDs and unwanted pregnancy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 15:53   Link #39
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Gerumany..
How about Tokiomi's German..??
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 15:55   Link #40
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
From my perspective, (partial) nudity, even (or especially) from a seemingly prepubescent/child-like figure, seems much more harmless than teen sex with all the baggage that comes with it, like STDs and unwanted pregnancy.
I think that nudity in general is not a sexual expression, it can work without that sort of interpretation.

A sex scene is a full-blown sexual intercourse, furthermore between two minors, plus we're in the anime medium, where we have strict laws. Ufotable would never risk it. A show like Game of Thrones wouldn't do it either.

Heaven's Feel definitely has a chance since these rules don't apply to movies and ovas. Kara no Kyokai movie 3 had a rape scene, Ufotable has done a sexual act before so it's logical to assume that they will keep the Sakura/Shinji thing.